“Use to be Microtel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville

Econo Lodge  Inn & Suites Evansville
You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1930 Cross Pointe Boulevard, Evansville, IN 47715 (Formerly Microtel Inn And Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
“Use to be Microtel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

A first look dosent appear too bad Lobby clean, elevator clean. Breakfast pretty bad very stale not really worth eating This property in my opinion has all the signs of falling into disrepair Im assuming foreign nationals are now in charge of this place and no longer a corporate entity. They say smoke free but there are employees gathered at the front entrance smoking and the entire place smells of incense, so
strong it actually bothered my throat. The rooms are still in pretty good shape but housekeeping is poor Lots of dirt around edges, hair everywhere, lots of dirt and junk behind furniture The linen was ok but the blanket was full of holes and stains. The desk chair was too stained and dirty for me to sit on and there were burn holes in the carpet. Bathroom floor sticky, towels not in too bad of shape YET and they were ok soft No extras as u would expect from this type of hotel but regardless I EXPECT
fresh air and clean. The mattress was horrible and I woke to find a big wad of someones hair on my pillow. It wont be long and you wont want to stay here at all because Im sure it is only going to get worse Its an Econo Lodge no frills BUT I expect that, what I dont expect is a place failing to provide a clean, smoke-free environment and this property is not doing a good job of that I suggest if you are going to stay here you look at the room before you rent

• Stayed February 2014
Hina P, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I apologize that you did not have a comfortable stay. However, our staff is working really hard to try and provide all of our guests with exceptional service. The hotel just change ownership and we are trying our very best to line up good staff member, along with optimal quality of food and service.

We are going to make great change to the property in the near future, I hope you will give us a chance to serve you again and see the improvements your self.

I would like to apologize once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Millersburg, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I didn't expect a whole lot so I wasn't disappointed however this place needs an update in the rooms. The lobby seems newer however the rooms are very dated and in need of new beds, linens, and electronics. The TV was old, the bedspreads are very dated and the mattresses were ok but they could really use new ones. When we showered, I noticed the shampoo bottle was 1/4 empty which to me says it was used before and not replaced. Everything is just very basic. It was ok for what we needed which was a place to sleep and shower.

The breakfast was not bad. They had biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, a toaster for bagels and english muffins, cereal and milk and apple juice and orange juice and a coffee bar. There was also fruit. I had a banana which was good but the oranges appeared dried out.

All in all, for the price, it was ok. It was clean, smelled fine, and wasn't horrible. I probably won't stay there again. I have stayed in better hotels for the same price. It is, however, in a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hina P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Heidi D.

I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. Not to make any excuses, but the ownership of the hotel just changed in November 2013. I fully understand and realize all the complains you have about the hotel rooms. If you visit us again in the near future, you will see that we will be making major changes to the rooms within the next few months. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with more comfortable experience at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for participating in surveying our hotel.
Murray, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We booked this room for one night for a soccer tournament. We figured we would get what we paid for and we did. When first walking in I didnt know if I was entering an interrogation room or a backroom of a strip club. There were tinted mirrors down the whole headboard wall behind the beds. Kind of creepy. Next my son found a lighter, cigarette butt and tons of ashes by the window. When we pulled the blankets back there was a silver dollar size burn hole in the blanket. The beds were super stiff. The breakfast was also not pleasing. They ran out of biscuits (had plenty of gravy), ran out of bagels, the apple juice was pure water and the orange juice tasted like 50/50. We will not be back to this location.

Room Tip: Avoid 324, definately been smoked in.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

So for those of you who stay at microtel's this facility should look pretty familiar .
It's clean, lots of mirrors on the walls and compared to the other econo lodge near the airport this location is quite nice. I stayed on points from choice hotels so I can't speak to the dollar value but at least no woman came pounding on my door at 12:30 AM.

I'd certainly stay here again , it's close to the mall, a white castle and a lowes what more could you want in a motel?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here based on good reviews and the affordable price. At first I was a bit dismayed with the size of the room. The room with one queen bed has about 3 feet clearance on either side of the bed and a bit more than that at the end for the desk. However, it was clean and cheap and had a free breakfast. After a 3 night stay I checked out, but decided to stay another night a few hours later. The clerk welcomed me back and even upgraded my room to a suite at no extra cost. All in all, while not having some amenities, my stay was fine and I'll be back. Oh, and the suite has an in-room coffee pot which wasn't available in the single room. A definite plus.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobic, get at least a 2 bed room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Belleville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I booked this hotel based on previous good reviews and to earn choice member points. The lobby of the hotel is fairly nice for an econo lodge, but my room basically sucks. I requested the queen size single with a bay window ( which has a lovely view of the back of the port cochere and the cigarette butts on the roof). When I checked in I had to initial and acknowledge that there was no smoking in the hotel room. Very ironic since when I walked into the room, there was a pretty heavy stale cigarette smell that housekeeping had attempted to cover up with deodorant spray. Of course, maybe it's just filtering in from all the cig butts that have been thrown out the window onto the roof, lol-NOT.
The room is small, cramped and there is no dresser. The paint on the walls is dinged and dirty telling me that this hotel needs an update- come on guys! At least a fresh coat of paint. No lamps at the bedside but a lovely '70s mirror along the entire back wall behind the bed. The bathroom is small very basic and functional. I'm trying not to hurl over the smear of someone else's dried blood that was not cleaned off the door jamb since I don't know when.
I realize that this hotel chain is not trying to be the Hilton and I am not particularly a snob about hotels I stay in- I have stayed in some America's Best Inns and local lesser known hotels and actually prefer this type of hotel. However, the lack of cleanliness and the poor quality of this room will preclude me from booking in this hotel again. Have not had their breakfast yet, but shudder at the thought. Fortunately, plenty of food alternatives not too far away

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

our extended family stayed at this facility for 2 nights on a getaway to Holiday World; from that perspective, the hotel is in a great location... although Evansville is a decent drive from Holiday World, this facility is located in a spot to hit a state highway that practically goes all the way to Santa Claus, Indiana; the facility itself was in decent shape; the exterior needs a little work... picking up trash and tending to the landscaping would go a long way to improve first impressions; however, the staff were very, very friendly and helpful; we had a minor issue at check-in that required management intervention and they were very prompt at taking care of that situation; as mentioned in previous reviews, this is a very nice Econolodge compared to other Econolodges... still nothing special, but a nicely run/decorated hotel; room was decorated nicely -- had some minor damage to stuff, but nothing concerning; also as mentioned in earlier reviews, breakfast is nothing special... there was biscuits and gravy, but not very high-quality; overall, we would stay here again, knowing that it's a good value for the money (NOTE: the owners are working on constructing a new hotel facility in downtown Evansville, so this facility may change ownership/affiliation soon)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville? Share your experiences!