“More than what we had expected.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel

Save Saved
You added Suburban Extended Stay Hotel to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5538 E Indiana St, Evansville, IN 47715-2853 (Formerly Lees Inn and Suites Evansville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 35 hotels in Evansville
Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
“More than what we had expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My fiance and I came up from Bowling Green, KY to find a new home in Evansville. We stayed at Lees because it seemed like a great value, we placed our reservation via Orbitz and when we came up, they already everything ready for us. For such a low price, we expected a dingy hotel but that was not at all what we got! The room was huge and the bathroom was very nice.
Our room wasn't all that clean however, and although we didn't find any bugs (I always check!) I did find that there had used to be. We got a smoking room so finding a few burn marks was expected.
We didn't stay long to check out the hotel's amenities but we will surely come back if needed!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tampa, FL.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I raved over this establishment the first time I stayed there in 2005. I've been back a few times since and each time things have changed for the worse albeit little by little. Less choices on the breakfast bar for instance. Nothing worth mentioning, until my most recent stay. Keeping in mind we are home for the Holidays, need to be 10 different places at once, and really only need this room to sleep, shower, and get out the door, there were numerous incidents happening here that wasted precious time. Although we gave notice there would be a 3rd occupant the first night, and was assured at the desk the room had been prepared for all of us, there was not enough towels for two let alone 3 .Only one coffee cup was available. No extra blankets or pillows. We had to run down to the front desk to get a light bub immediately upon checking in. We discovered the reading lamp on the far side of the bed was also burned out and ran back to the desk to replace it too. It turned out the light fixture was broken, permanently. Reading in bed was not possible. The bathroom light was flickering upon our arrival and lasted for only a few hours then went out completely. Maintenance doesn't come in until morning and was in there doing repairs for an hour while we cooled our heels. The kitchen sink had NO water pressure whatsoever. Our room key cards had to reprogrammed every time we tried to use them. It always ended with the front desk personnel having to open the door for us. This required many trips from the room to the desk, and back to the room, all while hauling large and heavy bags and a very over packed purse.

The first time we stayed there we were put into a room where we did not hear all the car dealership speakers. This time every use was heard beginning very early in the a.m. It is very annoying.

The greatest inconvenience was the missing closet doors with the mirrors. I could shower, then turn the bathroom over to my husband and use the mirrored doors to do my hair and makeup, and get dressed. They are gone. They are missed. It triples the amount of time needed to be in the room rather than out and about. The beds and chairs need to be replaced. They are worn and uncomfortable. The whole building has a very run down feel to it.

Skip the breakfast bar and plan to eat out. What little they offer is gross.

We will not be staying at Lees Inn and Suites in Evansville again. This really hurts because when it was in good repair and run efficiently,it made every aspect of our quick trip much easier. This stay stole precious time from us.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel is a family owned and operated facility. They take great pride in taking care of their guests and I have had an enjoyable stay here. I was first booked here by my boss and really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. They gave us a better deal due to the extended stays and really bend over backwards to accommodate.
Now for the facts, the hotel smells. It smells of mold/mildew. It is a little run down. The numerous car dealerships surrounding the hotel start talking over their loudspeakers at 6:30 AM. Its always a pleasure to get woken up to "Toyota parts and repair you have a call on line two". This is an everyday occurrence. And no there is nothing that the hotel staff can do about it. It is not a facility for little children. There is really nothing for them to do here. I have on occasion seen and heard them running up and down the hallways and attribute that more to bad parenting than to an issue with the hotel.
The room is always clean and tidy. As this is an extended stay facility they clean your room twice a week. Which is better than most extended stay places where its only once a week. The breakfast they put out in the morning is one of the best that I have seen. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area that is going to be working. The usual guests are Insurance adjusters, contractors, and field service types. The only negative things that I can mention is the smell and the car dealerships.

Room Tip: The first floor is non-smoking. If you want a smoke smell free stay request first floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Paint peeling off the outside of the building. The lobby smelled mildew. I asked and he said they hadn't had any water damage. The door to my room was hard to open. I had to kick it with my foot. The room also smelled very bad. I had to go to the store and buy candles and frebreeze to fumigate the room. I should have charged them for fumigation service. I am certain the room smelled better when I left! The lamps were tarnished fake gold and the furniture was old and stained. The blankets had cigarette burns on them. This hotel is VERY old and needs to either torn down or major renovation. Or they cold just rent it by the hour. Location is very strange! Sandwiched between 3 car dealerships. Difficult to get to. There is NO elevator. However I got a first floor room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

It's one of the clean hotel in Evansville. Room was nicely layed out with kitchens in them. Staff was very helpfull with all our needs. Very good choice for breakfast too. I will be back again while I am in Evansville, which is once a month.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Every Single staff member at this hotel was extremely friendly and the room was really clean and had all the necessities. I will say that at first glance from outside it looked like an older hotel but from my room stand point along with the hospitality it was great!
I couldn't ask for any more . Plus the snacks and drinks at the gift shop was so reasonably priced. I will always go back to this hotel when Im in Evansville they treated me just like family and even called a couple more time for my wake up call to make sure I got up. like I said treated me just like family. They have the best customer service I have seen anywhere and in any industry.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Evansville, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Okay my husband works for the coal mines and their company pays this motel money for them to stay here right but on top of that they want 10 extra dollars a day if they bring their wives that is so stupid my god their making a killing off the company and the towels are so spotted and dingy i wouldnt dare wipe my face with one and above my shower its molded they need to shut this place down.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!