I raved over this establishment the first time I stayed there in 2005. I've been back a few times since and each time things have changed for the worse albeit little by little. Less choices on the breakfast bar for instance. Nothing worth mentioning, until my most recent stay. Keeping in mind we are home for the Holidays, need to be 10 different places at once, and really only need this room to sleep, shower, and get out the door, there were numerous incidents happening here that wasted precious time. Although we gave notice there would be a 3rd occupant the first night, and was assured at the desk the room had been prepared for all of us, there was not enough towels for two let alone 3 .Only one coffee cup was available. No extra blankets or pillows. We had to run down to the front desk to get a light bub immediately upon checking in. We discovered the reading lamp on the far side of the bed was also burned out and ran back to the desk to replace it too. It turned out the light fixture was broken, permanently. Reading in bed was not possible. The bathroom light was flickering upon our arrival and lasted for only a few hours then went out completely. Maintenance doesn't come in until morning and was in there doing repairs for an hour while we cooled our heels. The kitchen sink had NO water pressure whatsoever. Our room key cards had to reprogrammed every time we tried to use them. It always ended with the front desk personnel having to open the door for us. This required many trips from the room to the desk, and back to the room, all while hauling large and heavy bags and a very over packed purse.
The first time we stayed there we were put into a room where we did not hear all the car dealership speakers. This time every use was heard beginning very early in the a.m. It is very annoying.
The greatest inconvenience was the missing closet doors with the mirrors. I could shower, then turn the bathroom over to my husband and use the mirrored doors to do my hair and makeup, and get dressed. They are gone. They are missed. It triples the amount of time needed to be in the room rather than out and about. The beds and chairs need to be replaced. They are worn and uncomfortable. The whole building has a very run down feel to it.
Skip the breakfast bar and plan to eat out. What little they offer is gross.
We will not be staying at Lees Inn and Suites in Evansville again. This really hurts because when it was in good repair and run efficiently,it made every aspect of our quick trip much easier. This stay stole precious time from us.
- Also Known As:
- Lees Inn And Suites Evansville Hotel Evansville
- Lees Inn And Suites Evansville Hotel
- Lees Hotel Evansville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All guest rooms are equipped with full size refrigerator, microwave, two burner stove top, dishwasher, garbage disposal and utensils for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Suburban Extended Stay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.