“The best Holiday Inn Express I've visited!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Circle Front Dr, Evansville, IN 47715 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Evansville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“The best Holiday Inn Express I've visited!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I can honestly say that this is the best Holiday Inn Express we have stayed at. It's a unique setup, very nice inside and not what you'd expect compared to other HIE locations. The staff was very friendly, answered questions about where to park so we can see our car from our room, and what doors were best for entry to be close to the room. Our room was very nice. We did opt for the Jacuzzi room, and it's in between 2 closets, so we did not hear a peep from either side of us all night! And, even though the location is next to a Highway, it's far enough off the road and built well enough to keep the road noise out. If you are looking for a great place to stay, skip the big city's in the vicinity, and stay at this Evansville location, it will not disappoint!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jacuzzi suite. It's between 2 closets, so it's very quiet, and the Highway...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed here this year for a two night stay. This stay was just as nice as our first stay last Spring. The breakfast is probably the best of any motel I've stayed at. The staff is extreemly friendly and efficient. The motel is very clean inside and out. Overall, a very welcoming place to stay. We will stay here again when we visit relatives in Evansville.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Blue Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel was great for an overnight stay on our vacation. We had no complaints - the beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean and the complimentary breakfast was satisfactory. We didn't use the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-HIE11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a valued review. Its always great to see a review from a Frequent Traveller. It is great to see you enjoyed your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a king suite for a getaway weekend. Our room was really great. Large living room with a sofa bed, fridge and microwave. The free buffet style breakfast was great. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2012
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was called by this hotel the other night stating we had to pay our deposits for the two hotel rooms that I had made on the Holiday in website. My confirmation stated cancellation up till 6:00 pm date of arrival because I had secured it with a credit card. I was shocked in all the years I have made reservations in the United States and out of the country I have never been contacted by the hotel and told we had to have payment upfront because it is a city wide event. She told me that it was in my confirmation letter about city wide event need to make a payment. I have a confirmation letter but IT DOES NOT SAY THAT ANYWHERE and I had three people look over the confirmation letter as well as the central Holiday Inn reservation. I am not going to there city wide event we are going to the horse races. I made the reservations ahead of time on July 24th. My mother has cancer and I don't know how she will be doing in the weeks ahead that is why I made these reservations and not the prepayed ones on the website. I contacted the central Holiday Inn website and she said she had never heard of this also and said you should have the rooms until 6:00 pm date of arrival because that is what you booked. I know the supervisors are doing what the owners of this hotel has said which is not right... I made my payment after feeling I had nowhere else to go since it is the Frog Follies event. I was told by one supervisor she was not going to listen to me and would just cancel my reservation because I told her I was going to post it on trip advisor and would not stay at this hotel ever again. I guess I should have stayed at the Hilton brands that I always stay at. I had stayed at this hotel last year at the same time during Frog Follies event and NEVER had this problem last year. I feel like we were bullied by the hotel to make payment or lose your rooms which is what they said...... when they called. I have never been bullied into making payment for a room like this it is sad that they do not honor the central reservation agreement. I am staying at this hotel but if I did not have others going and not had tickets to the races and being notified this late I would be staying somewhere else. I wish I would have stayed at the GREAT HILTON BRAND. THIS hotel needs to state this on central reservation about this policy because it was not stated and WAS NOT AGAIN ON MY CONFIRMATION LETTER.........that I received............ I will think twice about staying again at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My family and I stayed at the holiday inn last weekend and we had a great time the rooms were very nice and clean, I couldnt find one thing wrong with the room, and it was big with lots of room,the staff was very nice and always there when needed the breakfast in the morning was a great start to our day, and the kids loved the pool it was very nice to get in to cool off, I would recommend holiday inn

Room Tip: the suits are very nice and spacious
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

During my recent business trip, I stayed at three separate hotels, and this was the best by far. The front desk staff was friendly, and I was recognized as a Priority Club member.
The entire hotel is non-smoking which is a very, very big plus. The room was clean, the bed was incredibly comfortable, the HVAC unit worked well, the wireless internet was good and the breakfast was also good.
It's very convenient to places to eat and gas stations.
If business takes me to Evansville again, I will stay here. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!