“Great updates” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Evansville

Tropicana Evansville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   421 NW Riverside Dr, Evansville, IN 47708-1047 (Formerly Casino Aztar Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 35 hotels in Evansville
Farmersburg, Indiana
“Great updates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Reading past reviews, I'm guessing the place has been updated since the Aztar days. The rooms are pretty much as shown in the pictures. The smoke from the casino does seem to waft in the lobby and elevators but, once on our floor, I couldn't smell it. The bathroom is very nice and the beds are good. It was nice being close to the things the casino has to offer. The service was the only thing lacking. Nobody was rude just wasn't super friendly. I also had to wait 10 minutes for the valet. I think the place is coming along!

• Stayed March 2014
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay. We recently completed a complete renovation of our hotel, from the lobby to every floor. Everything was completed stripped and a new, fresher, modern look was unveiled. We have come a long way and intend to keep making progress in the areas where we are lacking. I am sorry that our service level was not up to par and it took longer than should be expected to retrieve your car from Valet. This will be addressed and hopefully you will give us another chance when you are in the area again.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly & very helpful. The front desk staff even told us of discounts we were unaware of and answered all of our questions thoroughly.
Our room was beautiful with a great view of the river. Bathroom was stocked well and beds were comfortable.
All in all, we will definitely be making this trip again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the Team Members you encountered were professional and friendly. Our river view rooms are in high demand and have a very calm, peaceful view from your windown. Hope to see you again when you are in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

While I understand why people complain about the high price of a room, I'm not one of those people. Yes it is expensive - but worth it to me. If you are researching hotels in the area (which I did), and you compare what you would pay elsewhere to what you would pay to be on the river and at the Casino, it was worth it. You could pay less elsewhere, but then have to drive to dinner and drive to the casino, when you could just pay a little more, park in the parking garage and stay at the Tropicana.

I stayed here years ago when it was Casino Aztar and stayed again last Saturday night. I surprised my husband with a room for our 9 year anniversary. Drove from IL to IN and checked in around 5pm. The front desk had a card for us and two little boxes of chocolates which was a nice gesture.

The front desk staff were all very polite and helpful. The hotel was super clean - and we walked all over! I was happy with the room (bed, tv, space). The view of the riverfront was nice as well. The bathroom was clean and white - didn't use the products provided but we liked the towels. It was convenient to have an iron and ironing board in the closet.

The only thing I thought was odd was the extremely out of date paper(s) on the back of the hotel door. I figured those would have been updated to match the Tropicana. Not a big deal.

Can't wait to stay again, and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your recent review with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed yourself and went the extra mile to spend such a momentous occasion with us. In a renovation as large as what we did, it seems like we may have missed something in your room. Thank you so much for bringing that to our attention and it will get replaced immediately. I am sharing your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and this will be taken care of. It was nice to read the comments about our team and the cleanliness of our property. This will be shared with our team as well. If you are in the area again, please be sure to visit us. Happy Anniversary and Thank you for spending it with us. Lynn
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I frequented this place a lot under the old Casino Aztar brand. It was ok then but they have done a great job with the renovations at this property. We stayed in January for one night and used my "complimentary" coupon so didn't have to pay a cent! Our room was extremely modern, clean and comfortable! Like I said, the renovations are superb! Sleek, modern and clean! Kudos to the design team for their efforts in making this place up to date! Great job!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all the improvements that we have made. We were going for a sleek, modern look to our hotel when we did our renovations, and it looks like we hit the mark! Please come back to see us when you are in the area again. Thanks again! Lynn
HAGERSTOWN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Whenever I thought or heard of Tropicana Hotels, I would think of luxury, pampering. I was quite disappointed when I stayed here. This place fell short. We paid a good amount of money at this location (booked two riverfront rooms for two nights..not to mention money spent for food and gambling, etc). I was very disappointed to see dust / dirt on the carpet in the corners, dusty desktop, no exhaust fans in the bathrooms, out-dated menu/room service menus, no mini fridges, etc. Their room service provider, Max and Erma's, could not get an order correct. Both of the times we ordered room service we had to call them back. The staff were very nice, transportation to and from places was good, we loved the valet parking and Boogie Nights was great. However, the absolute kicker was, after spending all that money that weekend, when we checked out and left, I realized that I left a pair of pants and shirt in the closet. I called them and they said they would send them to me. Great! I received them a little over a week later and was charged $15. Really??!! All the money that we spent there and you couldn't kick it back? How is it you can order a pair of pants & shirt from a catalog and shipping only costs about $8. I believe we'd have been better off going to Anderson or Shelbyville. It would have been a lot closer to home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your trip with us. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your time and we fell short of your expectations. All of your comments have been discussed with the Managers of the Departments and our staff will be coached on their performances.
I am sorry about the cost of the shipping of your items. We have a large amount of lost and found items, so because of this, we can not ship these things back at our expense.
We are glad that you did encounter friendly team members and hope that you will give us a chance to change your mind if you are back in the area.
ORLEANS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I spent New's Eve at the Tropicana and had a very good time. We enjoyed an excellent buffet provided by the casino. The food and service was great. We didn't have to wait and the staff actually seemed to enjoy greeting and serving us. The hotel rooms are excellent since the renovation and the staff are always friendly and eager to serve.

Room Tip: Ask for riverside room or at least river view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are honored that you welcomed the New Year in with us and had a great time! Our staff is committed to Thoughtful Service and making our guests feel welcome, so when someone takes the time to let us know that we are getting it right, it makes us happy. Hope to see you again soon.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have stayed at hotels throughout the world. Some have been had more luxury and some not so much. The staff at Tropicana, Evansville, IN makes you want to return. Thanks especially to Sherry and James.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you so much for the review on your recent stay. I have shared the nice comments about Sherry and James with their Manager. We are glad that they made such a positive impression on you. Like you mentioned, some places make you want to return, so we surely hope we are one of them and we will see you soon.

Been to Tropicana Evansville? Share your experiences!