“Very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Evansville

You added Tropicana Evansville to your Saves list
Tropicana Evansville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   421 NW Riverside Dr, Evansville, IN 47708-1047 (Formerly Casino Aztar Hotel)   |
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Evansville
Hobart
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My experience was really good. The valet was very nice to us and offered to let me wait (taking up space for a moment) until my daughter came down. The front desk staff were professional and personable. The room was clean and comfortable and bathroom was beautiful! They offered smoking rooms which are becoming harder to find, but I was much more comfortable relaxing in my room instead of going downstairs and outside like many hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the ttme to comment on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself our staff was helpful and accomodating to you. If you are back in the area, we hope that you make Tropicana Evansville your hotel of choice. We look forward to being able to serve you again.
Thanks, Lynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lansing, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Evansville on 6/21 thru 6/24 2013 to visit the grandkids and decided to book a suite at the new tropicana hotel in evansville. What a joke. The "suites" were 2 connecting rooms. One was the bedroom and the other was the living room. The view was awesome over looking the river but the windows were filthy.They had hand prints and oily face prints of past guests. The rooms were dirty, there was a broken ashtray with cigarette butts under our couch.The bed was uncomfortable. The whole room was white..floors,lamps,walls,bar. Not alot of color. The staff was less than friendly except the valet. They were really nice. The gambling was fun. But we will never go back to this hotel. We heard that the hotel was rehabbed. I can't imagine what they looked like before. We should have read the reviews before I booked. I could have saved my stress level from this dump. Even when we go to vegas, it'll be bypassed.We feel our 350.00 per night will be spent better elsewhere. Thank goodness for our grandkids or this trip would have been horrible.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Tropicana Evansville. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our team has been made aware of the condition of the room and proper training is being enforced. As for the windows on the outside, we do have a company that comes in and cleans them. Unfortunately, your visit was before they were here. When our hotel was re- done, the white steamlined look was chosen because of the newer modern look to the room and the decor of the rest of the hotel. The friendliness that you experienced with our Valet is the way that all of our Team Members should treat anyone they encounter. If you are in the area and would give us another chance, we would look forward to being able to serve you.
Thanks, Lynn
LAKEWOOD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel lobby is lovely. As are the halls and rooms. They have all obviously been recently renovated. However, you see those pretty, dark blue spreads on the beds in the professional pictures? Well, the first thing I noticed in the room was when I went to put a bag on the bed and saw the large, tell tale "stain" on the spread. We immediately ripped it off the bed and wished we had a silkwood shower. The bed itself, once we got over that, was reasonaby comfortable. Loved the pillows (and I'm picky). However, I couldn't sleep past 7a.m. because the shades do not adequately fit on the windows and there was way too much sunshine streaming in. Tough to take after losing my money in the casino until about 2a.m. The coffee makers were obviously not included in the renovating. I put the coffee on and hopped in the shower. While I was in there, the fiter holder popped out, so we basically had hot brown water. Bathroom was cramped. I don't come with lots of girlie accessories, but if I did, I wouldn't have known what to do about the limited space in there. Also very difficult to get toilet paper off the roll with the way they have it set up. Just overall poor use of space in there. Glad we got a major deal on the rate. Even so, we won't be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. You are correct, as all of our rooms and hotel lobby have reently been redone. For the most part, all of our renovations have been met with positive comments. It is a very sleek, urban look and feel to an exciting property. We are sorry that a staned coverlet was left on your bed and that has been addressed with our housekeeping team. We have not had any comments on the window coverings not fitting properly, so we were not aware of the sunshine streaming into the rooms. Again, we will make that a part of our inspection to ensure the window coverings are closing properly. We are sorry that you did not truly enjoy your stay, but if you are in the area again, we would love a chance to somehow have the opportunity to show you our true hospitality.
Thanks,
Lynn
Dayton Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had a convention at Casino Aztar May 17-May 19th 2013. I found the room to be clean and adequate. The only thing I did not like about the room was there was no bathtub only a shower. The exercise room was sparse and the treadmill did not work very well. I found the strip steak at Cavanaugh's restaurant on the premises to be very satisfactory. Overall it was an average experience

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We do have a small work out room at Casino Aztar, but we have a larger one at our other hotel, Le Merigot. On a return visit, we can arrange for you to use the work out room there and I am sure you will enjoy it. The hotel is a block away and we will shuttle you down there if you prefer. I will be sure to have our Facilities team look at the treadmill and be sure that it is functioning properly. When we did renovate the hotel, the decision was made for ceramic tile showers and no tubs based on space and design of the bathroom. It is a larger, well-lit room and seems to serve the guests well. So glad that you enjoyed your meal at Cavanaugh's. That is certainly a great fine dining experience on our property. We hope to entertain you again on a return trip to Evansville.
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is rennovated and OK. The rooms appear at first glance to be clean, but are almost never 100% clean (often under the sink area is not clean or dust ruffel on bed or edge of room around carpet (ie they cust vaccum around and not with the hose to get the carpet edge near the wall), stains here and there etc. Don't get me wrong it's ok, but each time I stay, there is someting not clean to my level of expectation. Sometihng that the head house keeper manager should be able to catch and fix.

Not my first choice, I prefer the sister property Le Mergoit. for some reason, it's always a little cleaner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your remarks about our renovated rooms. We are glad that you liked them, but dissappointed that the room was not up to your standards. This is something that we take seriously and are very apologetic about the situation. This will be discussed with the Executive Houskeeper as well as the entire Housekeeping Team. We are truly sorry that your stay was blemished due to this. We do hope that you will give us a return visit so that we can make your stay better.
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Check-in was fast and friendly, including valet. The room was clean and had everything I needed. the bed was comfy. I would stay here again!!

Lynn S, Public Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for comments on the Hotel and our Staff. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your satisfaction. Will share your comments with our Teams and let them know that they did not go unnoticed! Thoughtful Service is our motto so we are glad when it is recognized. Hope to see you on a return trip to Evansville.
Madisonville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

They have renovated this hotel since I last stayed there and it is much nicer now. I really love the new walk in shower. They should have put more counter space in the bathroom but not a big deal. Overall this is a very nice hotel and so convenient for going to the casino.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi Peggy,
Thanks for the response about the newly renovated rooms. We have had a lot of positive feedback about the new showers that are in the rooms now, so glad you liked it. The bathroom does have a more modern, streamlined look to it so it did reduce the amount of counter space, but overall it does seem to work well for most people. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,
Lynn

Been to Tropicana Evansville? Share your experiences!