“HORRIBLE! Never Again!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Evansville, Indiana
“HORRIBLE! Never Again!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have never been disrespected in such a manner in my life especially by an executive of a business! The General Manager, Rita Bauer, was so rude, demeaning, and unprofessional. Even her front staff workers apologized for her behavior towards us. Due to a miscommunication on HER staff's behalf she treated us as if we were merely passing-through and not the paying customers we were. (Not that it is ever a reason to treat someone the way she treated us). We reserved a hotel suite AND the conference room for a ridiculously high price. When we attempted to discuss the miscommunication she cut-us off, she talked over us, she interrupted and she yelled at us. When we asked her to speak to us in a professional manner she said that she was the hotel owner and did not have too!!!! The most disrespectful comment came when we told her that we were dissatisfied with the service she stated "If you don't like it then you can leave." She walked off and got in her car. NEVER AGAIN will my organization utilize the services of the Baymont Inn or the LaQuinta Inn especially in Evansville, Indiana as long as it is under the management of Rita Bauer. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

We were here for five days primarily working on business projects in our room during the day. The internet connection was fast, the staff was courteous and the breakfast was plentiful. Fresh baked cookies each afternoon. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Our room was quiet and parking was more than adequate. They were making improvements to the hotel while we were there but we were not disturbed or interrupted by any of it. Great place to stay at a bargain price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Evansville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

When I visit evansville I always stay at the Baymont. They have a caring staff and as many if not more amenities than the hotels like Holiday xpress and Fairfield that charge $ 30 higher.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

First morning there was no food. Was told cook quit her job at 8am. Clerk said food would be available because they would bring food in from hotel next door. When it arrived the greyish blue water was reported to be the gravy and the biscuits they produced were refrigerator cold. The waffle iron didn't work, there was no juice, milk or cereal. There was no fruit either. At noon ordered pizza from a local resturant and decided to eat it in the breakfast room. Room had never been cleaned from morning service. Suddenly we were dancing in our seats as ants had attacked us from all sides. Staff immediately started spraying insecticide. I demanded my money back for the rest of my stay. The man I was talking to denied he was the General Manager, but half way into the conversation I suddenly asked his name and he told me "Kurt". Well, guess what? He was indeed the General Manager. Finally got my money back only to discover they had re-charged my credit card after I left. I am now having them investigated by my credit card for fraud. Oh yes! We were bitten by something during the night. I had to go to a pharmacy and get something to stop the itch. One of my granddaughters developed blisters on her bites. DO NOT STAY AT THE BAYMONT IN EVANSVILLE, IN.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a two-night anniversary trip. We had the jacuzzi room. Everything was clean, and the staff was nice. Breakfast, including waffles and biscuits and gravy, was good. Not spectacular, but good enough. My only complaint would be that the bed wasn't as comfortable as the ones at the Holiday Inn across the street. But this hotel was also a little cheaper, so I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

A nice little hotel. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Lobby and room were very clean. Excellent WiFi signal, and really easy to tap into it. Room had good sized fridge and small microwave. My only nitpick is that the bed (a king) was comfortable - but really not up to the standards now being set by Hamptons and the lot. So, nice and servicable, but not fabulously comfortable.

Stayed September 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2006

I stayed at the Baymont Inn East on a recent business trip to Evansville. This is a nice hotel. The rooms are very clean and nicely furnished. I had a recliner chair as well as a refrigerator/microwave in my room. The hotel staff members are friendly. The breakfast was adequate. I would recommend this hotel - good location and reasonably priced.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!