“Amazing place.” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Zoos
Attraction Details
“Amazing place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Great family fun. Please go its amazing. Ecxpecilly the amozonia rain forest. So fun.. i loved it it is a wonderful place. Enjoy the fun in evansville mesker park zoo.

Evansville, Indiana
“Great place to walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have been a member for a few years and there were reasons I became a member. First, I found that after retiring I didn't get enough exercise and the zoo is a truly interesting, beautiful place to walk. With the hills, it is truly a good workout. Another reason was that it is a place my grandchildren enjoy visiting with me. It is a great place for an outing with them. Not only do they enjoy seeing the animals in the outdoor areas, they enjoy Amazonia, the play area, and the restautant where we can either eat lunch or get ice cream as a treat.

I have been to both, the San Diego Zoo and the St. Louis Zoo -- but for a nice outing with my grandchildren, I truly prefer our little zoo in Evansville. I enjoyed the areas the WPA constructed during the depression -- and miss those exhibits because they felt "real". I wish there were a wooded area for the giraffes and zebras to be able to use.

There are two other things I miss -- the gold fish pond was so pretty and child's imagination is sparked by that kind of exhibit. The other is the monkey boat -- I always thought the monkeys looked so much happier there than in the cages -- who decides how the boat is used? I think it would be worth exploring getting that back to how it ws used in the 1940's and forward -- if there are legal hurdles, lets work on crossing those hurdles!

Love our zoo in Evansville and hope it always is there.

Jen

Visited February 2014
“Not what were expecting.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited this zoo because it was the closest to our home, and were highly disappointed. Many exhibits were roped off and empty. Some had animals but there were very few and hard to locate, or were not in the exhibit. The only place open that sold food was at the entrance to the zoo, and we tried every coke machine there until one finally worked. It was not well cared in most places. It took us let then 2 hours to see everything. I'd recommend going to the Louisville Zoo. It's a little more pricy but worth it.

Brandenburg, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Very enjoyable family fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Our family enjoyed every minute of the Evansville Zoo. It is a small zoo but we got to see animals that we had never seen before. The Amazon rain forest is the absolute best attraction there. It was a beautiful day and a gorgeous zoo. It didn't get a 5 rating because there were so many attractions under construction but, that just means they are making it better! When you slow down and overlook the work in progress, it is a great walk outdoors. And, we got to enjoy several close encounters with the animals.

4 attraction reviews
“Not much of a zoo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

From the earlier reviews I had read about the zoo, I was expecting something a little better than what we saw. The Amazonia was ok but other than it wasn't much, a couple of zebra, two giraffes a few monkeys and several peacocks roaming freely. We were thru in under 2 hours. My advice would be to pass.