“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Evansville
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Room smelled like smoke but it was still very clean, breakfast was ok and was included with the stay. Very quiet even though there were other people around. Pool looked good too but it was closed since it is still early March.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

arpit t, General Manager at Econo Lodge Evansville, responded to this review, April 1, 2014

Arpit Trivedi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My fiance and I needed 3 week accommodations due to his job, and came across Econo Lodge on the internet. Almost the entire motel is recently renovated, the entire staff couldn't be any more pleasant, and they truly see to the little things. No special request was refused. I highly recommend any traveler to give this a try. If you're looking for all the bells and whistles, this probably won't be your place. But a great experience all in all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

A heavy traveler and a tolerant soul But if you are handy with a vacuum cleaner and broom. Or perhaps a paint brush. These people need a little help. Dirty parking lot. Room needed six hours of touch up paint and a good vacuum between everything. Surely this hotel is looking to hire help. The bed was quite very well made. Sheets were clean. Large rooms. Easy access to 41 and Lloyd Parkway. It was a quiet property. .

Room Tip: north side facing room with poor cell service.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Playa Grande, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I needed a place to finish writing my book and I stumbled upon this hotel. It is really hard to find a hotel that will rent by the week. I know because I've been all over the US and been in dozens of different cities and States. To make a long story short I finished my manuscript, got a advance royalty check from the publisher and got my book published. And I did it from my hotel room. The hotel was better than I thought possible. They gave me a very good rate, about the best you can get in the entire country.
I initially just wanted a private place where I could work all night and not be bothered. I got that and a whole lot more They do not charge extra for things many hotels do charge for. I had a big KIng sized bed, cable tv, fridge, microwave, heater and ac, fully furnished. Good internet. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly to me and that is a understatement. The parking lot is big and well lit. Very good security. I loved it. This place will always be in my memories as one of the most positive and productive hotel stays in the history of my life.
I have to add one more thing. I love that fact they hot coffee for the guestS 24 hours a day. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

new carpet, 32 inch flat screen TV, employees very nice, new linen for bed, new pillows, they are doing a great job restoring this hotel, security very good. we had a good breakfast every morning 24 comp coffee everything was just fine, front desk persons were very helpful in helping us get around town with very good assisting us with directions.

Room Tip: NK1 room or Non smoking double bed room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a second attempt at a review of this location as my first was considered not family friendly enough in my description of events so here goes try number 2.

At first blush you'd think this place was a dump...and you should drive on to another hotel , yet surprisingly it's not quite as bad as you think , it's bad alright just not that bad. And I was arriving very late so I wasn't about to hunt down another hotel at near midnight and after all I did have a non cancellable reservation made in part due to the poor descriptions of this property on websites just like this one. So I was pretty much stuck staying here for at least one of the two nights I was to stay in Evansville..

I arrived late, 11:45PM got a room after a quick chat with the clerk about how he thought how pathetic a city Evansville is for things to do and his suggestion was I head down to the casino (nice restaurants, gaming etc.) And of course like everyone else I had to swear a blood oath not to smoke in the room or I'd might get a 250 dollar fine attatched to my bill. I'm a non smoker so the chances are I wasn't going to start smoking under those conditions no matter how pathetic evansville turned out to be..

And Evansville as a city is not as pathetic as he described, it's got a lame zoo, an OK mall, at least some food choices, and as much as I expected someone to break into my car overnight...that didn't happen either, . just other things happened.

Instead I headed off to my room 103 a non smoking king and this room smelled heavily of smoke really bad, when you kick on the bath fan it smelled even worse. I called down to the desk to ask if all their n/s rooms smelled of smoke and he said no that probably the last customer smoked in the bathroom and that's why it smelled worse when I turned on the fan in the bathroom.

He half heartedly offered me another room suggesting it wouldn't be a king single but some other type but I was already pretty sleepy so I declined that offer and just reported the smoke issue as so I wouldn't incur a 250 dollar fine for burning one while sitting on the terlit when I checked out..

And It really was pretty late and I needed to freshen up and get some sleep so , while I'm doing my bedtime routine and just as I finish brushing my teeth a BAM BAM BAM hits my door , not a gentle knock but a loud repeated series of poundings...(Cops? Uh oh, is my car on fire? the hotel? , ) I half expected the door hinges to come off with a battering ram next. Did someone see the open package of "Sudafed" on my car passenger floor mat and call the sheriff thinking I'm starting a meth lab in an econolodge room? (just a cold deputy).

But nope as I prattled over to the key hole there were no 'stinking badges" anywhere,no obvious signs of smoke and no my car wasn't ablaze either. Just a single woman standing at my door..

So who would be pounding on a stranger's room door at 12:30 AM.?.. she wasn't from room service after all for she had no cart of food but may have been more of a travel agent. I can't imagine anyone wishing to go around the world starting at Evansville but I guess their airport can offer a flight to a bigger airport so it's certainly doable, I guess you can get there from here,and from the looks of it there must be better places to start than Evansville regional airport no matter how low the fares are.

So off to bed alone I go., now dreaming of far flung places with prettier faces..

I got up early heading to breakfast off the lobby at 6 and guess what no breakfast, no clerk , nothing...just a very very dark meeting room that served as the breakfast area. I tossed my keys to 103 on the desk and headed out to breakfast at the cross eyed cricket and the next day at pie pan (both were OK the pie pan probably the better of the two restaurants).

If you're looking to stay in Evansville and you want to stay at a Choice hotels property, I'd pick the econolodge at cross pointe instead of this one, A) you'll feel safer, B) the rooms are a bit quieter and breakfast although crowed was at least served on time. C) No pounding on my door at 12:30 AM. D) Crosspointe which used to be a microtels does have lots of mirrors on the walls to make the rooms look bigger I guess and it's much cleaner and doesn't smell like smoke..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Was visiting my grandchildren for school and soccer events and needed to get a room for the night. It was the lowest priced room I could find on the east side of Evansville, so because I would only be there a short time, thought it would be alright.
Checked in kind of late - about 9:30 pm. The lobby was clean and fresh looking, and check in was quick and easy. The woman at the desk was very friendly.
The room was small with few amenities, what I expected to find in a budget hotel. The smell was a little stale, but not too bad. The bed was adequately comfortable, and it was quiet so I slept well.
The breakfast was better than I've had at some pricier hotels, though it was not luxurious in any sense of the word.
Check out was quick and easy, again with a friendly desk clerk.
For a short one night stay it was ok, and better than I expected. I felt that it was more than worth the lower cost paid for the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Arpit Trivedi

Been to Econo Lodge Evansville? Share your experiences!