“Better than I thought it would be” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Evansville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Better than I thought it would be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Was visiting my grandchildren for school and soccer events and needed to get a room for the night. It was the lowest priced room I could find on the east side of Evansville, so because I would only be there a short time, thought it would be alright.
Checked in kind of late - about 9:30 pm. The lobby was clean and fresh looking, and check in was quick and easy. The woman at the desk was very friendly.
The room was small with few amenities, what I expected to find in a budget hotel. The smell was a little stale, but not too bad. The bed was adequately comfortable, and it was quiet so I slept well.
The breakfast was better than I've had at some pricier hotels, though it was not luxurious in any sense of the word.
Check out was quick and easy, again with a friendly desk clerk.
For a short one night stay it was ok, and better than I expected. I felt that it was more than worth the lower cost paid for the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David S
arpit t, General Manager at Econo Lodge Evansville, responded to this review, April 1, 2014

Arpit Trivedi

Corydon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stay there weekly on business, the staff know me by name and are always very accomendiating. Rooms are clean and kept and when anything has come up they took care of it right away. I have to leave before the scheduled breakfast time for my job so they offered to make breakfast a full hour earlier so that i could take advantage of there free breakfast. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
arpit t, Manager at Econo Lodge Evansville, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you soon
Lowell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

When I arrived to check in the A/C was not on in the lobby and it was 87 degrees outside. It was on the next morning, however. The buildings seem very old and in disrepair which explains the smells that they are trying to cover up in the lobby and the breakfast area. They offered a desktop computer in the lobby, which was helpful to me. The room was nicely decorated but one of my pillows looked like it was dropped out in the parking lot, as it had dirt all over it! The hotel was quiet there on a Wed night and it was comforting to see a family out in the courtyard playing and having a good time, so I felt more safe. The pool wasn't available to swim in yet and strangely, had rose bushes lining the way to get in and they overhung the walkway....ouch! I had a comfortable night's sleep and did NOT come away with bedbugs so I would say it was fine.

The worst part of the hotel is their breakfast.....I left grossed out and disappointed that I would have to spend more money on breakfast. The room looked nice at first glance. (see picture) I imagine they don't have enough guests to keep fresh items in stock and if that's the case, they should offer individual cereals since the cereal containers were both nearly empty and the cereal was stale. The coffee thermos felt hot but I noticed the drip pad had mold all over it! (see picture) The bread and pastries had plastic wrap over them, thankfully, but I wasn't taking the chance. The waffle maker was hot and ready but when I poured the batter into a cup to make myself a waffle, as I've done many times before elsewhere, it had water collecting on the top...it looked gross and I couldn't take the chance of having any food poisoning while on a business trip and having to meet clients then driving 5 hours home.
Overall, I would stay there if I absolutely had to again but I would first try to find another location, even for more money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
arpit t, General Manager at Econo Lodge Evansville, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
thank you for your review we will work on the issues that you stated in your review and will keep improving our services.
thanks you
Millstadt, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stay there on business and love the friendly staff they are so helpful. It is a great value for the money. The rooms are clean and should there be a problem the staff takes care of it right away. It is a great place to stay on business or with the family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

thank you for review and helping us making thins better. we keep working on our hotel and services for our guest.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a very nice time with my stay and I would recamind the motel with my friends. The people are nice and we were taken care of of what we needed had a nice stay with the motel. We travel a lot and I have stayed here before .

• Stayed March 2013

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

arpit t, Owner at Econo Lodge Evansville, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I appreciate that you took your time and put a review for us. we are always happy to accommodate you. we would like to have your repeat business. next time when you are coming to the town give us a call and we will be more then happy to accommodate you .
thank you.