“More than you would expect, for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$20 off room rate
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Houston, Texas
“More than you would expect, for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Evidentally people think this is a Hotel and are confused. This place is a low budget Extended Stay. Yes you take your own trash out, yes you get one roll of toilet paper and soap, yes your towels and linens are changed out every 2 weeks. You also get a full size bed rather than a queen size bed. This is how they are able to keep charges low. Right now I am staying at the Evansville location and they are charging $209.00 a week. That is LESS than $30.00 a night. Every other motel is more than $50.00 a night, and they don't have a large refrigerator, a 2 burner stove, or near as clean. This is also a relatively new building. I'm not sure what people are expecting for $200 a week, but this is well worth the price. For the record, I can stay anywhere I want and I choose here everytime I'm in Evansville, to save money. It's not a dump.

Room Tip: If you book your rooms on a company credit card this is not the spot. If you receive per diem this i...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011 via mobile

I expected by the location of this place to be a nice stay... It wasn't. I got stuck with a 2 bed room that had a 19 inch tv. Everything the group of black men outside said could be heard. It was like a hangout for them and seemed like they were always out there. Music can be heard throughout the halls. The staff treats you like trash. You have to take your own trash out to the dumpster. You are only given one roll of toilet paper no mater how long you stay. They charge for any stains on any of their bleachable white towels no matter how faint. It is advertised as 199 per week but fail to mention that the first week is $350 because of a $100 deposit plus tax. After 10pm if you forget your card key in the room there is a $10 charge for the maintenance man to open the door. There is no one at te front desk after 6pm. The hallways and especially the elevators smell like smoke. When I first got my room it smelled like someone was brewing tea in it. The microwave was tiny and it was obvious that these rooms are cheaply thrown together. The bathroom didn't even have an exhaust fan .You must also turn in a 24 hr checkout notice or be charged $45. On this notice there is a questionaire asking how the stay way. I didn't feel comfortable explaining that it was horrible because I had to turn this form in before I recieved my deposit back. This was a few hookers and drug dealers hanging out in the front shy ofthe worst imaginable hotel in evansville.

• Stayed September 2011
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

The price was i pay was ok,room was clean.a lot of extras compare to others.Quiet atmosphere,but the towels and linen smell like cigarette smoke,and people were drinking outside like a backyard BBQ...besides that its was good

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011 via mobile

staff is awful managment even worse they need to get a whole new staff some staff stays on sight 24 7 and are in there rooms more then they are at work...they wont even give u extra tp if u run out hope u have ur own or they will give u a half used roll and should i say bed bugs hum would i stay here again i think not!!

• Stayed May 2011
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I initially planned to stay for 3 months during my summer internship. The first month went by okay. The customer service was okay, and I didn't have any major problems. Right after I paid for the second month, though, I began waking up in the morning with bites. I let them know, and they used a store-bought bomb. I woke up with more bites the next day so they began insisting that I was allergic to their sheets and refused to give me a new room. After trying my own sheets for a while and waking up with more and more bites, I spoke with them again. They used another cheap bomb that didn't work. Then I managed to catch a live bug. After that they called a pest control service that couldn't immediately fix the problem. I had to stay in a different hotel and eventually move in with family. They refused to give me another room, pay for the hotel I stayed in, or refund me for the remaining weeks that I had paid for. I am currently trying to get a hold of their area manager, but they refuse to give me any contact information. Now I have to find a way to de-infest all of my belongings!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
HMSVP1, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Evansville, Indiana, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hey Birt_19,

I realize this is more than three years after your experience staying at Value Place Evansville, but I think that your review requires a special response.

First, I am so sorry you were not satisfied with your stay at Value Place. Since your stay, we have renovated the hotel inside and out. We've replaced all bed frames, chairs, mattresses, carpets, and have repainted walls. Our professional exterminator is a national brand: SteriTech. When it comes to any sort of bug, we don't mess around.

Second, the hotel is under new management. The Value Place Evansville team does an incredible job working hard to keep the hotel clean. We often receive comments about the cleanliness of the hotel.

Third, during your three month stay for your summer internship, you said the first month was fine. After your first month staying in your room, you noticed bites from bedbugs. According to the CDC, bedbug bites show up at the latest in 14 days. If the bedbugs were in the bed before your stay, you would have noticed them before the second month. Again, we apologize for the emergence of bed bugs in your room during your stay at our hotel.

Value Place Evansville Management Team
Bristol, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Clean room; quiet surroundings; pleasant, efficient staff, great value! We had a "studio" room with a double bed. The mattress isn't too soft or too firm. If you are very tall or heavy, you might consider a room with a larger bed. Very nice to have full refrigerator, microwave, and range-top. Access to the Internet worked very well. Definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I do not recommend ValuePlace in Evansville IN. Poor customer service, felt like I was disturbing them when I called them and also when I checked in. Every time I asked a question about resolving issues I was referred to speak with the manager who was only available 9:30 am to noon. We were to stay for three months; we broke our lease after two days. Floors 3 and 4 are smoking floors even though the signs on the third floor doors say no smoking and the whole building smells like smoke, ashes in the hallways and in the elevator. I requested a non smoking room and was told I could not move after I checked in. Alarm clock was broke; bed is made of partial board and uncomfortable. Refused coupon for free internet from their web sight. Dirty with mud in the hallways. Fire door to steps on the fourth floor would not close do to poor construction of the building. One room in our group, the light fixture fell off the ceiling and broke on his first day then lost all power to the room on his second day, so they move him to another room, then the door would not lock, had to move to third room. Water leak stains shown in the ceiling tiles on third floor. Have to pay extra for linens, upon check in the bath towel was dirty and I was told it’s just stained, I don’t care if it is a stain I want a clean one, then you have to take them to front office if you want clean ones. I recommend you look for a better place to stay where the customer service is good and they are happy to have you with them. Photos available upon request.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Evansville, Indiana? Share your experiences!