“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Evansville, IN
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My parents came in from out of town last weekend and I booked them a room at the Hilton. I was very impressed! The room was beautifully decorated and everything looked very modern and clean. We sat in the lobby for a little while in the evening to have coffee and it felt like sitting in someone's living room! The furniture was very comfortable and there wasn't alot of traffic in and out. The staff was very friendly as well. The next morning my parents had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. They raved all day about how good the food was! The Hilton Garden Inn made my parents very happy and that always makes my life easier:) We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends!

• Stayed June 2010
hgievv, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Evansville, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Evansville. I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

Our staff works hard to provide a memorable experience and we are pleased that you received that attention during your stay.

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you back as our guest at the Hilton Garden Inn Evansville.

Denise Tempco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Save your money and book with Hyatt Place!!!

Tiny bathroom, only 2 towels for 4 people, booked us in a room right across from the fitness center and pool, so there were screaming kids running up and down the hallway after 10pm while trying to sleep. Had to call the desk 3 times to get them to clear the pool (which should have already been closed).
For what you pay for a room here you'd think they'd at least have complimentary fresh coffee, fruit and rolls. No such luck, $10 bucks apiece for breakfast. I've had better accomodations for half the price. A teeny coffee pot with 1 decaf and 1 weak caffeinated coffee envelope doesn't cut it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Evansville. I apologize that our hotel did not fulfill your expectations during your visit. Based on your recommendations regarding the pool area closing we have reevaluated our pool closing procedures.

I understand your frustration regarding our breakfast however; to set ourselves apart from a limited service hotel we offer a full "Cooked to Order" breakfast in addition to the complimentary breakfast. Our hotel along with most Hilton Garden Inn's offers a "Bed N Breakfast" package that includes the complimentary "Cooked to Order" Breakfast.

Thank you for your comments.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights on business, and thought it was an excellent hotel. The business center was great, and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
hgievv, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Evansville, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
Dear Guest:

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Located next to Bar Louie which is open till 2 am. Super convenient, seems to be the only night spot in town. Great location on busy strip with lots of commercial development, so appears to be in the main part of town. Very decent fitness room, full set of weights definitely needed! Room service option nice. Feels like safe location.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Spent 3 nights, room was very clean with microwave and frig. Hotel is on a lake, request a lake view room when you make your reservation. There are great resturants very close to the hotel. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
san jose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

OK, the other reviews are fine as far as they go. We stayed 4 nights over Labor Day in a suite with a view of the "lake" and water birds, very nice. The place was newer, clean, quiet and the staff was very friendly. Free internet in room + business center where you can print out boarding passes, away from street noise. I did a lot of research before booking this! So what went wrong? you ask! Upon entering the room, I went over to sit on the bed to look out the window. It was like sitting on a slab of cement. This is NOT an exaggeration! Upon further inspection, the literature raved about a "bed system" and you each could dial your own comfort level. So there's hope, right? Nope. It was already set on "optimum" vs firm (I can't even imaging what that setting would be like). So I adjusted each side to the softest level possible. The brochure also says it "contours to your body". Let me quote my husband on this one. "Yes, it contours to your body....one big hard trough!". Bottom line, we woke up sore each morning and if the room hadn't been prepaid we would have moved. Now if you like really, really firm mattresses, sleep here. Otherwise, not so much. We've traveled the world and I think this was the firmest anywhere. Also, the A/C blew directly down onto the bed really hard even cutting through covers + making your forehead cold while the rest was tucked in. I finally learned to turn it on very cold for a period of time before going to bed then turning it back up so it wouldn't come on while we slept. The breakfast served there, especially for $10, was mediocre at best. There's an IHOP just down the street and around the corner, much better, much cheaper. Also, the light bulbs in the rooms are too dim to read by (something so common these days), but the lobby was pretty with lots of windows and light so I read there. Otherwise, in the room at night I took the lampshade off (yes, carefully, and replaced it carefully).

There are lots of decent restaurants within a few blocks including an Outback. Right across the parking lot is a Texas Roadhouse, peanuts on the floor and great ribs. Tip: if you don't have kids, avoid the wait, bypass the crowd and eat at the small bar. Really great fun guys/bartenders + immediate service. Don't bother with Logan's Roadhouse, bad food and worse service. And especially don't bother with the Golden Corral for breakfast. I think it may be the worse breakfast I've ever had. But cheap! If you like fish, we had a couple of absolutely wonderful dinners at the Bonefish Grill (next to Borders). There are so many to choose from, but I never saw anyone in the hotel restaurant for dinner. Not one person. By the way, I'm only giving the hotel 2 stars because if you can't sleep, what difference does the rest make? Hope this review helps!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Lexington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

I cannot think of one negative thing to say about this hotel. It was so clean and nice that you could eat off the floor. There was no extra pillow or blanket in the room and when requested, it was brought to me immediately.

The hotel was sold out this weekend and there was not one sound that you could hear from the other rooms or hallway. I have excellent hearing and am sometimes bothered by this.

The air conditioner worked so well that it made me not want to leave the room.

Hilton Garden Inn chains are typically $35.00 more a night than the surrounding chains. Well worth the extra, in my opinion. If $35.00 can buy a clean, quite, peaceful rest, then by all means, spend the extra!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Evansville? Share your experiences!