“Fantastic once again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic once again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Most of the HGI properties doesn't disappoint and this one was a success once again. I loved my suite, enjoyed the nice view of the lake, anything and everything I wanted was close by and the freeway was right there for easy access. I really love how this chain has the adjustable beds, that is worth the price right there!

The only thing I disliked was during a morning breakfast, how a wait staff lady was rude to a gentleman (from China) who didn't speak English well and was confused over the morning breakfast price. He didn't mind paying it, but she walked away while he was trying his best to talk to her.

I had the same issue regarding a lower bill one morning and a higher bill the next day. That's my only knock. Other than her bad day on the job, another job well done!

Room Tip: Top floor, overlooking the lake
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

When visiting Evansville, we genuinely look forward to our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is clean and bright next to a beautiful lake and conveniently located adjacent to great shopping and restaurants. The Hilton Garden staff is warm and friendly especially Norma and Jeremy, in the dining room. Norma is always welcoming and somehow remembers us and our family (even though we visit but twice a year!) Incredible, warm and super accommodating service is Norma's everyday work ethic. Do yourself a favor and book your next Evansville visit here. It is truly like home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Evansville whenever I am there on business. It is a great location. Minutes from downtown and close to restaurants. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Prospect, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have visited Evansville once or twice a year over the last six years for soccer tournaments but this was my first stay at the HGI Evansville. I noticed that this HGI was consistently one of the first hotels to sell out over tournament weekend and we would always end up elsewhere. This year, we were able to secure a block of rooms here and it will likely be my first choice going forward. The hotel is very clean and modern, the staff very friendly and (mostly) accommodating, and the rooms were comfortable and fairly quiet considering the hotel was full of soccer teams that particular weekend. The fridge and microwave in each room were nice features as well. This hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of several good restaurants which gives it a slight edge in my book over the newer Hampton Inn near the airport.

My only disappointment with our stay was that the hotel would not adjust its starting time for breakfast to accommodate teams that ended up with early morning games. Breakfast begins at 6am during the week but not until 7am on weekends. At least 3 teams at the hotel were leaving early for games scheduled at 730 and 8 each morning and were unable to take advantage of the breakfast that was included in their tournament rate. I have found other hotels to be very flexible in this respect so I'm not sure why the HGI chose not to stay on the 6am schedule for this special event weekend. Pay your kitchen staff for the extra hour and build it into the tournament rate. We stayed at another HGI several weeks ago for a tournament and they setup a separate buffet altogether just for the soccer teams that opened up earlier than the regular buffet.

HGI Evansville did prepare grab 'n go snack bags for the players with early games but this option left the parents without anything to eat. Their suggestion was to return to the hotel after the game and eat breakfast but when you have multiple games scheduled, or have checked out when departing in the morning, our group found it impractical. Breakfast is usually a pretty big deal for traveling teams and I came away a bit surprised that HGI Evansville fell short. However, I do not want to downgrade the rating because this is an excellent property and I heard from others that weekend that the breakfast received very high marks in selection and quality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel! One of the best ones so far! It is a beautiful hotel in an absolute gorgeous location. There is plenty of shopping and every kind of restaurant that you can imagine within walking distance. The lake that sits right behind the hotel is breathtaking and the ducks like to take walks right thru the parking lot everyday. A spectacular place to stay and relax.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Franklin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were greeted with chocolates in the lobby and homemade cookies by the chef. Fresh coffee and hot chocolate were freshly brewed. The lobby staff extremely helpful and kind. The chef made my omelets every morning to perfection. The wait staff very pleasant and on it. The pool was actually heated to a level you could swim and enjoy. My nieces were able to swim for hours and not get cold. The whirlpool was so nice after a long day at the soccer fields. Our stay was wonderful. We will for sure be back! Thanks Hilton Garden for making our stay just lovely!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Albion, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the first night of our honeymoon. It was so lovely! We purchased the Romance Package and had rose petals all over and a bottle of champagne. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Evansville? Share your experiences!