“Don't every stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Elkhart

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elkhart
Knights Inn Elkhart
You added Knights Inn Elkhart to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3254 Cassapolis Street, Exit 92, Elkhart, IN 46514   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Elkhart
St Paul, MN
“Don't every stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

I've travelled a lot, and stayed at almost a 100 hotels, but this one beats every one of them hands down, and wins the 'Worst Hotel on the Planet' award! I try to say atleast one positive thing in every review I write, so I'll say that the room was quaint. That's it. Everything goes downhill after that! The tap water was filthy, and looked more like wine! There were spider webs everywhere. The blankets felt like sandpaper, and my kids refused to sleep with them. The carpet was filthy and threadbare. To add to our woes, the toilet backed up and overflowed! We called the front desk immediately, and their response was to ask us to stop at the front desk and pick up a plunger quickly, before someone else took it! YUCK!

• Disliked — Everything! Where do I start!
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

This hotel was horrible! I can't begin to tell you all the bad things that happened while we stayed in the hotel. We pulled up to an unlit, very unsafe hotel parking lot, where my finance wouldnt let me leave his side cause he was scared I would get attacked. There was vacant complexs EVERYWHERE with duck tape and rotten plywood up over busted out windows, to keep homeless people from trying to sleep there. There was mold on shower curtains, fire alarm was ripped straight out of the wall. The rooms were OLD, DIRTY, DUSTY, and just simply DISGUSTING. This place looked like a hooker hotel. The towels had stains on them and were hand towels that didnt even come to your belly button. LITERALLY and I'm 5'3. The front desk lady could barely speak English.

We stayed only because we had already paid for it and there was no getting our money back. It was midnight when we arrived. We couldnt sleep cause of all the noise. Eventually the police were called for some type of dispute.

We fet unsafe, dirty and couldnt wait to return home.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!

We do have some photos. We checked out before we thought about taking pictures of the inside of the rooms.

Hope this helps!

• Liked — NOTHING IT WAS HORRIBLE
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING IT WAS HORRIBLE
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bay City. MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

The first sign of things to come was the duct tape across room numbers to the right of the Office. Should have cancelled then.

There was a toilet seat that swung to the right every time I used it, nearly causing me to fall.

There were dead bugs on the bathroom floor!

Apparently, the room had not been cleaned, just the bedding changed, as there was a lot of dust. I seriously was afraid I would get bedbugs, but I was already checked in. Seeing none, I did go to bed but got little sleep due to the noise next door, i.e., doors slamming, people talking. My dog didn't sleep well, either.

I didn't realize the place was so dirty until later in the evening, when I first used the bathroom. After that, I checked around and found dust in several places.

A UPS truck was parked cross-wise across the entrance to my room. When I went back to the office to take the room (which I had not thoroughly examined yet), I informed the woman at the desk. She said she'd call him and have him move it; "he doesn't have to park like that" is what she told me. When I went back to the room, a beat-up car was parked behind the UPS truck, also banning direct entrance to my room. The UPS truck did not move all night, nor did the car.

In the morning, broken glass was stewn across the parking lot in several rooms across from me, as well as what I assumed to be discarded beer cans.

When checking out, I told the foreign-looking man at the desk about the glass, etc., and informed him that I had nothing to do with it. He did apologize, but that seemed to be the extent of his interest in my complaint.

On the way home, I had a flat tire and had to get a new one in Battle Creek..................may have picked up some of that glass at Knights Inn.

My husband and I stayed at this Knights Inn years ago and it was always fine. I wish I had photos to attach!

Looks like it's strictly for low-income weekly renters. Did not feel safe there at all.

I would absolutely never go there again.

Thank you for the opportunity to write a review.

• Liked — Location to family members, who stayed across the street at Sleep Inn. I had a pet and Sleep Inn does not allow them, so I chose Knights Inn.
  • Disliked — Dead bugs in bathroom, general uncleanliness of room, noise during the night, glass on parking lot in morning.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Knights Inn Elkhart? Share your experiences!