“A real dirty nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Elkhart

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elkhart
Knights Inn Elkhart
You added Knights Inn Elkhart to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3254 Cassapolis Street, Exit 92, Elkhart, IN 46514   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Elkhart
Miami, Florida
“A real dirty nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I strongly suggest you bypass this motel and go anywhere else. I am a traveling representative and been on the road since 1999 and this is the worst "dump" i have ever encountered. Dirty, animal infected, holes in bedsheets, towel, etc.

STAY AWAY !!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
hammond in. u.s.a.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I booked this place before reviewing comments on this site. So there was some apprehension on arrival. When I inspected room 304 , I found nothing wrong with it. The rug was threadbare in spots and the door dingy but workable. This reservation had been booked through an airline site. That gave me 500 flight miles.A two night stay was well under $100.Coffee and doughnuts were available in the morning. It was clean,quiet,safe and cheap.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Riverside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

I made an internet reservation for this motel and just wanted to get some sleep on my way back to Connecticut from Madison, Wisconsin.

The shape of the motel was very bad, so bad I splept in my clothes, didn't use the bathtub or sink, brushed my teeth with bottled water and left without touching the so called breakfast they offered - ugh!

It was a very cheap rate and not worth it.

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

most filthy place from the outside to the inside, carpet filthy and worn, bath room dirty sink broken wouldn't even be fit for people from survival to stay at.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
scranton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

we had reservations for a notre dame football weekend, luckily we looked at tripadvisor and saw pictures and recent reviews. we canceled and stayed next door at the jameson inn. we rode through the parking lot, what a dump this place is, doors and windows were blown out. they were open and not one car in the lot at 7:30 pm on friday nite before the game. we were very fortunate that we checked ahead of time. it would have been a nightmare staying there

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
St Paul, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

I've travelled a lot, and stayed at almost a 100 hotels, but this one beats every one of them hands down, and wins the 'Worst Hotel on the Planet' award! I try to say atleast one positive thing in every review I write, so I'll say that the room was quaint. That's it. Everything goes downhill after that! The tap water was filthy, and looked more like wine! There were spider webs everywhere. The blankets felt like sandpaper, and my kids refused to sleep with them. The carpet was filthy and threadbare. To add to our woes, the toilet backed up and overflowed! We called the front desk immediately, and their response was to ask us to stop at the front desk and pick up a plunger quickly, before someone else took it! YUCK!

• Disliked — Everything! Where do I start!
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

This hotel was horrible! I can't begin to tell you all the bad things that happened while we stayed in the hotel. We pulled up to an unlit, very unsafe hotel parking lot, where my finance wouldnt let me leave his side cause he was scared I would get attacked. There was vacant complexs EVERYWHERE with duck tape and rotten plywood up over busted out windows, to keep homeless people from trying to sleep there. There was mold on shower curtains, fire alarm was ripped straight out of the wall. The rooms were OLD, DIRTY, DUSTY, and just simply DISGUSTING. This place looked like a hooker hotel. The towels had stains on them and were hand towels that didnt even come to your belly button. LITERALLY and I'm 5'3. The front desk lady could barely speak English.

We stayed only because we had already paid for it and there was no getting our money back. It was midnight when we arrived. We couldnt sleep cause of all the noise. Eventually the police were called for some type of dispute.

We fet unsafe, dirty and couldnt wait to return home.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!

We do have some photos. We checked out before we thought about taking pictures of the inside of the rooms.

Hope this helps!

• Liked — NOTHING IT WAS HORRIBLE
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING IT WAS HORRIBLE
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Elkhart? Share your experiences!