“Our Go-To Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Elkhart
Otego, New York
“Our Go-To Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We make a 1,000 mile trek to visit family a few times each year with our preschool age daughter. Staying at this Hampton Inn has become a much anticipated part of the trip. The fabulous, friendly customer service, clean rooms and location simply can't be beat for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thanks a million for your fantastic comments about our hotel and staff. We feel top of the world when we hear good things about hotel and staff. Thank you so much. Have a Merry Christmas and Wonderful New Year.

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here with friends for ease to getting to a Notre Dame football game. The lobby was clean and they had free bottled water and candy in the lobby at check in. The breakfast was plentiful in the morning although space was limited. The room was clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of electric outlets to charge our devices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad that you found our hotel to be very accommodating. We try very hard to please all of our guests. When our guests tell us that they enjoyed thier stay, that means we have achieved our goal. Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving Holiday and we hope to see you soon.

Blue Bell, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel was clean. Very simple, but got the job done. Staff was very friendly. Complimentary breakfast was nice as well. It's a great option if you can't find a hotel in South Bend. If my daughter gets into school here, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for a fantastic review about our hotel. That means a lot to us. We try to do as much as we can for out guests and when our guests know and compliment us, that makes us feel good. Thank you. Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and we hope to see you soon.

Canton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am a die-hard Hilton properties girl and regularly stay at Hampton Inns. I travel 85% of the time on business and know what to expect from a good Hampton. This wasn't it. I'm sure it could be said that I shouldn't have anything negative to say about my experience since I was using Hilton Honors points here, however, I very much expected more.

The front desk staff member was not the hospitable personality I am used to with Hamptons across the U.S. Not rude, just didn't seem to care. We were checked in at a slow pace, not recognized as an honors member and certainly not as a Diamond level member. My member benefits were not provided.

The room was mediocre at best. I requested high floor and got ground. The door did not latch/unlatch properly and had to be checked and jiggled to make it work both coming in and going out. The desk area was so cramped that I had to crawl across the bed to get up when hubby was using the laptop and internet there. Noise from upstairs, across the hall and next door could easily be heard.

With all that we didn't even bother with breakfast. As it turned out we needed to spend another night in Elkhart. We'd checked out of the Hampton and didn't bother to come back, we found another accommodation for our second night instead.

My recommendation for others in the area wishing to stay in this general vicinity is to spend a few more dollars (or in my case honors points) and stay just up the street at the Hilton Garden Inn instead. Much nicer accommodations and amazing attentive staff.

Room Tip: Go up the street just a tenth of a mile or so and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you had with your stay. Please accept our apology. We will try very hard to better accommodate your needs next time you stay with us. Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and we hope to see you soon.

Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The rating should really be 'Good' (3.5) as opposed to average but I can't bump it up to 4. The positives for me were the room size, bedding and comfort of the bed, quietness of the room (I heard no sounds outside of my room) and size and quality of the bathroom. My issues, which unfortunately is becoming a recurrent theme for Hampton's is the quality of the food. It wasn't terrible but it certainly wasn't memorable. Also at this facility the breakfast area is unusual cramped, even to the point that I chose to eat my breakfast in the room. In my opinion this type of facility in a small town has the opportunity to really make itself stand apart by preparing and serving real food and a manager's evening special. I've seen this at locations out west and I can tell you that difference alone made me drive 10-15 miles more to stay at that location as opposed to some other. Restaurants are close but generally have to be accessed via cars so I don't get the lackluster approach to dining. Perhaps the average rating is the correct rating as this aspect certainly 'hit my button'.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive for guest satisfaction. We were unalbe to meet your expectations in many areas. Please accept our apology. Please realize that we are a mid chain hotel that offers complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Indoor Pool, and Fitness Center. At full service hotels, you are expected to pay for all of these amenities. I hope that helps. Have a safe and wonderful fall and we hope to see you soon.

minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

we had great service, friendly people, and was right off the interstate. we will stay at Hampton inn again. the rooms were clean and the staff was helpful and the breakfast was very good. I also enjoyed using the fitness center and pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sima P, Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to say such nice comments about our Hotel. We really appreciate it. We take a lot of pride in our Hotel and want to make our Guest always feel as if they were at home. As always we look forward to our Guest making future stays with us, which we will be looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Again a HUGE THANK YOU for the nice comments. Have a great day.
Orchard Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Hotel staff was attentive and friendly. Very clean hotel and room was nicely set up, with the ability to plug in your cell phone without having to crawl behind a desk to find an outlet. I would definitely recommend the hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your input about your stay at our hotel. It makes us feel that we are finally doing something right in satisfying our guests. Thank you. Have a safe and wonderful fall and we hope to see you soon.

Sincereley,

Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Elkhart? Share your experiences!