“Consistently friendly and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Receive Up to 10% Off
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Elkhart
Oneonta, New York
“Consistently friendly and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stay here several times every year and have never been disappointed. The rooms are spacious, clean, and the beds are fairly comfortable. The staff has been exceptionally friendly and hospitable every time we've stayed. We also love that the pool and hot tub are in the same room, so after 10+ hours of travel, our little girl can splash around with us, then we can all relax before bed time. The breakfast is pretty good, though nothing special, and there is a Cracker Barrel right across the street. We've tried several other hotels in the area, but still like this one the best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for an awesome survey. We truly appreciate your time. We are so glad that you like our hotel and our staff. It is so nice to hear good things about your hotel. Thank you. Have a wonderful week and we hope to see you soon.

Sima Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have traveled to Elkhart several times for business, and have stayed at the Hampton Inn most of the time. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, I feel safe, and the value is good. A few years back I filled out a satisfaction survey from Hampton...and I commented that it would be great if the guest rooms had a microwave oven and refrigerator. I actually heard back from the manager at the Hampton, and lo and behold...when I arrived for my next visit to the Hampton, the room had a microwave and a fridge!! Granted, these upgrades were probably already in the works...but it was nice to see a "reaction" to my survey. The beds are very comfortable...I usually don't toss and turn much at all, which I cannot say about other hotels I have experienced. At the end of this visit was when Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast, and my flight home was cancelled. I called the front desk...and no problem, stay an extra night. No hassle about changing rooms at the last moment...just a thank you from the Hampton.

The free breakfast offered daily is OK, but not great. There are several choices, from cold items to hot items. The woman that generally manages the area...I swear she has been there since I started going to Elkhart back in 2000...is wonderful. I enjoy talking with her when I come by, and I find that "familiarity with the staff" to be one of the drawing points of this Hampton. I can't comment on how responsive the staff is to complaints...as I haven't had reason to complain about anything. There are several places to stay in Elkhart...and the only reason I have had to stay elsewhere is because the Hampton is sold out during Notre Dame home games. So if you plan on staying during the fall...check the Notre Dame schedule first. There are TONS of dining opportunities within a few miles of the Hampton, and all are easily found. If possible, plan on staying an extra day and explore the nearby Amish country...just don't plan on doing that on a Sunday.

Room Tip: Rooms either have a view of a local strip mall or of a row of other motels. Pick your preference...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for an awesome response. It is so wonderful to hear great things about your hotel and staff. When I started reading about your survey, I thought it was going to be a bad survey since it was so long. But you had so many good things to say about our hotel. Thank you!!! Have a wonderful and safe New Year and we hope to see you soon.

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We loved our stay here! The rooms were very clean, front desk staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Next time we are in town we will defiantly stay here again and I will recommend this hotel to all my friends!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for great comments about our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Have a wonderful Holidays and Merry Christmas! We hope to see you soon.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here Thanksgiving night after visiting with family. The rooms are really beautifully decorated and the mattresses and duvets were fluffy and comfortable. The room temperature was great, water temp, amenities - all great. The kids enjoyed the pool. It was very quiet. Everything was clean. A delicious, elaborate breakfast was included in the price (better than other hotels' free continental breakfasts). I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Just one note:

We were traveling with our two young kids and like to get 2 Queen beds - one for us and one for the kids. I didnt even THINK to make sure that the two beds were Queens, so we were surprised when we got to our room and the beds were so small - Doubles! I called the front desk to see if they had a room with 2 Queens, but they dont. Single kings or 2 doubles only. My husband is 6 ft tall and hardly fits in a double bed himself, let alone with me. Needless to say, we spent an uncomfortable night with elbows in each others' faces and checked into a nearby hotel with 2 Queen beds the next night.

Room Tip: We were right by the elevator (Room 316) and the hotel was very quiet, so no complaints although if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sima P, Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Kimmers:

Thank you for being our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience with the beds. Unfornately, we do not have queens in this hotel. The way our rooms are set up, it is too late to get two queens into our double rooms. Please accept our apology. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Beds are my number one consideration. These are comfortable, and the linens are good (none of the dreaded short sheeting some chains seem to believe is acceptable). Down comforters could use some regular shaking maintenance, but all is clean and smells fresh. We slept well. My one issue was with internet connection. This morning (after 8 on Sunday AM) it is fine, but last night it was unusably slow and glitchy. It could be that the load is too high for their equipment. Be warned because that was tremendously frustrating to us and though not uncommon in hotels with wireless, it seems worthy of a mention in case management wants to consider upgrades. Regardless, this Hampton is very easy to get to from the highway, has restaurants all around it, has excellent quality appliances (quiet and steady fan etc.) and is reasonably priced for the quality. Staff is efficient and friendly. We'd be pleased to stay here again.

All that being said, this is a hotel with a pool which means families with kids on weekends. I cannot fathom why people are so inconsiderate, but we saw soaking wet/dripping kids *with* parents sloshing down the hall and the odor left behind in the hall from carpeting was unmistakably of them needing to have gotten to the bathroom LONG before. The elevator (which my disability leaves me requiring) was dangerously wet floored. From the hall we could hear the racket in their room and were extremely grateful not to be next door. None of this is the property's fault, but again... keep it in mind when staying at hotels with pools. I notice that this particular property's management does not encourage the filling of rooms side by side, and I am EXTREMELY grateful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for responding about your stay at our hotel. That helps us stay on top of everything. We are having problems with Internet. We are in the middle of updating it so our guests do not have any problems. Hopefully, this problem will be solved on your next stay with us. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just stayed at the Elkhart Hampton Inn and, once again, had a great visit. You have certain expectations because this is a Hampton Inn, and the staff here meets and exceeds those. The rooms are comfortable and recent renovations to the lobby and exercise room are very nice. The breakfast is included and offers a delicious variety of cereals, fruit, pastries and beverages. Because it was a football weekend, the staff decorated the lobby and had cookies and snacks available as soon as you came into the lobby. The front desk staff could not have been more welcoming. If you are looking for a comfortable, nice place to stay, give the Hampton Inn a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sima P, Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest:

We are so glad that you had a nice stay at our hotel. We are going to update our internet and get more bandwidth very soon. Pelase bear with us until we are finished with this project. We appreciate your comments a lot. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Monroeville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

It is a bit below standards for what we would expect from the Hampton brand, however, the staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was comfortable and breakfast offerings are simply average, but there are nearby restaurants. I would suggest that their cleanliness could be improved upon, but it was still within acceptable standards. I think the carpets need to be swept a little better. It was peaceful and quiet even though so near the turnpike and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Sima Patel

Been to Hampton Inn Elkhart? Share your experiences!