“OK Bistro - great Gelato” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 157 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: Continental
gilladj
“OK Bistro - great Gelato”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stopped in here for a late lunch our first afternoon in Elkhart. The place was empty. It is a bit of a confusing enviroment because of it's bistro/deli/gift shop ambiance.

We order a couple Paninnis with chips. The food was fine. The young man who seemed to be the only staff on duty was a bit querky in his interactions with us. He was trying to be friendly and funny but it was awkward.

We came back later in the week for some Gelato and the Oreo Gelato was a heart stopper! Very good stuff.

If we lived in the area we would be back for the Gelato at least.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Elkhart, Indiana
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very unique restaurant with gift shop throughout. Sit down and carry out. Excellent soups, salads and sandwiches.

Visited March 2013
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
“Not what I was expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I have heard many many great things about b. I have been wanting to try it for quite some time, but I don't get downtown very often. Today I found myself downtown in the late afternoon and wanting a snack, I was very excited that I was going to finally get to try b on the river! But I have to say, I was disappointed. To start with, the store is a cluttered mess. They have some very cute things, but it just all seems to be thrown in there. I was disappointed that the dessert case was not even close to half full. I decided to try the red velvet roll. Again, I was disappointed. The red velvet itself was very very heavy and the filling seemed to have a waxy texture to it. It actually left a film on my tongue. I will absolutely go back and give it another try and have something different. I would love to try their sandwiches and salads!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shipshewana, Indiana
“Decadent Desserts!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I recently had dessert by the fire at B on the River and it was a great ending to a wonderful night out! I accidentally left my purse and called once I got home and realized it...they had found it and put it in a safe place and were very very helpful!!!

Visited February 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“Great place to eat with girls for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went with my husband, more of a place for a girls lunch. The place is great, food selection limited but very good. The prices were a bit pricey but for a once in a while treat I enjoy it.

Visited November 2012

Been to B On The River? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage B On The River, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.