“Great Decision” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Elkhart
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Great Decision”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was a great stop on a trip from Buffalo to Minneapolis. I was staying with a free night and hotel staff upgraded me for free because I was a loyal RediCard member. The staff was very nice and polite. Room was spacious with a newer TV.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Todd O.
Thank you for you kind words, we are so very glad we made you happy. I hope you will stop and see us again the next time you are in the area.

Thanks Again
General Manager Red Roof Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I travel regularly through Elkhart, Indiana as I work for Ford Chicago Assembly Plant ,but on January 5, I had almost difficult and discouraging drive coming in . There was a very bad snow storm and against my better judgement I decided to attempt to brave the elements . After traveling for over 4 hours my mother and father convinced me to stop . I didn't want to because I was so determined to make it to Chicago and I wouldn't be at home during all the terrible weather . Since I had no choice I-80 had now been closed and the state was in emergency status I decided to go to Redroofinn which is where I stay in Chicago. I got stuck pulling in and I'm thinking just my luck ! When here come these two brave souls ( thanks whoever you were again ) out in the cold and they pushed me in I thanked them ever greatful and they told me no problem get out of the cold I'm still wondering if they heeded their own advice . I pulled in to the only spot available it was handicap so I thought they were going to be full . I was greeted by Amy who was courteous, polite and helpful . They had one room left and I took it of course. I grabbed what I could out of my car and ran for refuge . As soon as I opened my door I felt this burst of heat and felt at home already . I was very impressed with the room, clean and very comfortable it made being stranded very easy.
I will pass the word to people I know and now have another favorite in Elkhart besides Cracker Barrel . KUDOS to you and thanks.

Room Tip: Call ahead for a Superior King room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Angela B.,
Thank You so much for the kind words. I am so glad we made you feel like your were at home. Please stop and see us again when the weather is nicer and you are a little more relaxed.

Red Roof Inn Elkhart, IN
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This newly remodeled motel is a great place to stay. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I have been staying off and on at this motel for about 7 years. Never, ever had a bad experience The motel has laundry facilities and great restaurants close by.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Dennishs,
Thanks for the great review. I am glad you like the new look and we are soooo excited to be getting it done. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again and again and again>

Thanks again
Gaithersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Nice bed and bedding. Really comfortable easy chair -- so nice after driving all day! The carpet looks new. The furniture is not new, but everything is nice. Plenty of lamps. Wi-fi included. Nice tv.

Room Tip: I upgraded a bit to get a kingside bed, fridge and microwave. Only causes a bit more so it is worth...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rhonda B.
Thank you so much for the kind words, and I am glad you enjoyed you stay. Please come back and see us again.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on December 1, 2013. The room was ok, not great, just ok. I didn't run into a problem until almost 2 weeks later as I was reviewing my credit card statement. Not only was I charged $83.99 for my room that day, but I was also charged $82.38, $1.61, and another $1.61.. Why??? No clue. I called the direct phone number several times & kept getting the run around from the automated system. I tried for 37 minutes to reach a human, even trying to call the extention to book a room, with no answer!!! I called an outside booking agency, with the hopes they might be able to access the records, however, they were not... but the gentleman that helped me said that this is not the first time he has heard things like this from the Red Roof on Cassopolis St in Elkhart. Makes me think someone, like the desk clerk or another employee stole and is using my credit card info.?? Thinking about requesting a new card :/

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennifer R,
I have researched your account and you card was only charged one time, and one authorization. I am very sorry for the confusion. I would be happy to speak with you about this if you call me. Please know that I want each and every guest to be happy and truly value your business. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

It was about the same as all the surrounding places, but didn't have any breakfast and the room were just fair. If you need a place for the night, it would be OK, but I really wouldn't choose it if I had a chance to plan ahead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Cavychauffer,

Thank you so much for your comments. Just today we started our renovation to upgrade our rooms. Unfortunately we will not have a breakfast but we do have coupons to several restaurants close by. If you are every traveling through Elkhart again we would love to have you stop and see us.

Red Roof inn Elkhart
Glens Falls, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Traveling with pets so we are limited hotels. Carpet was highly stained. Lots of damage in the bathroom. At 5 foot even I noticed the low ceiling height. However good pressure in the shower. Towels were soft.

• Stayed November 2013
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I am truly sorry your carpet was not a acceptable. It is apparent from your comments we did not fail to meet your expectations in every department. We certainly are responsible for ensuring not only our rooms are clean and well maintained, but that each guest receives five star service while they stay with us. I will share your comments with the entire staff.

General manager

Been to Red Roof Inn - Elkhart? Share your experiences!