“Smell the Smoke all night long.” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn - Elkhart
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2902 Cassopolis St, Elkhart, IN 46514-5523   |
Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Elkhart
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Smell the Smoke all night long.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed Friday night. They don't offer the 10% discount for Vets in November like the Website advertises.
I went in my non smoking room. Wow, smelt like a Smoking room to me. Clerk said, No, non smoking in all the rooms. Well I got the worst night sleep, and clothes stunk of smoke the next day.
They offer Non Continental Breakfast, just coffee in the morning.
Sorry, I will Not stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RONZONE, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your recent stay at our Red Roof Inns property in Elkhart, Indiana.I don't know why they didn't give you a Vets discount as we do have one. I would be happy to make the adjustment if you would contact me directly. We make every attempt to ensure that our rooms meet a rigorous standard for cleanliness & overall good condition. I am sorry that your particular room did not meet this criterion.

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Service is great. Staff is fantastic and Amy went out of her way to accomodate us with requested room locations. 12 of us from Canada stay there for many reasons. Not far from Notre Dame. Plenty of good restaurants. Rooms are clean and rates are very reasonable. We would never think of going anywhere else. The staff should be commended for their professional attituded. Check ins and check outs were quick and flawless. We have already booked for next year. Thank you staff for being so helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You for the kind words, I'm glad you had a great time and that Amy took such good care of you entire group. We love seeing all of you every year! 12-0 what a season! See you next year.
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

i have stayed there several times in the last few months and found the rooms clean and neat. Service is great no problems i am a truck driver and come in at all times of the day and night. I can call in ahead or go in when i get in and Amy and all the stsff are there a d willing to help at any time

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for the nice review and I'm glad that Amy did a great job of taking care dof you. We really appreciate all of our truck drivers.
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I work for a trucking company. I need to sleep and sleep i did . Very nice. Staff is very aware that there are truck drivers here keep it very pleasant. Toll road is just up the road, tons of places to eat. Menards next door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Custer, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Mary and Amy at the front desk were very helpful- thanks!
Made a reservation by phone and the check in was good.
Traveled with a pet (cat)- no problems at the hotel.
Good location- close to several restaurants.
Good overall value for the cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We all love our four legged children pets as some may call them. Mary and Amy are always willing to be helpful. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again
Chesterton, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was the worst I ever experienced I requested bottom floor and 1 king size bed and smoking . I was told they were getting new carpet this was all they had. I booked over a week ago. I will never stay here again. Bugs in the bathroom corner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I am so sorry that we failed you. We want to make every one of our guests feel at home. Indiana passed a nonsmoking law on July 1 2012 so we no longer have any smoking rooms. We do our very best to honor all requests for first floor but sometimes we just cannot. Again please accept my apologies
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Because of Mary's great attitude and being so nice I will stay at this hotel every time I come to Elkhart, IN. I'm a truck driver and I work for a big transport company that I will recommend this hotel to all that I talk to.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for being our guest! I am every so happy that Mary took such good care of you and we look forward to your return. We really appreciate all of our truck drivers. Thanks again

Been to Red Roof Inn - Elkhart? Share your experiences!