“Not sure what the locals see in this place.” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 157 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: American
Description: Beer, Wine and Liquor, Live Music, Karaoke, Lunch, Dinner, Daily Specials. Located (0.8) mile North of Indiana Toll Road I-80/90, Exit #92 Pete's Simonton Lake Tavern is one of the Oldest family-owned Restaurants in Elkhart, Indiana!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not sure what the locals see in this place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

I was optimistic when I arrived. Parking lot looked busy but was not jammed. Went inside and found several occupied tables with guests looking like they were having a good time. Seemed promising.

A few waitresses were running about, but no one acknowledged me until I went up to the bar. My business associate and I each ordered a beer and then made our way to an outside table. 30-minutes later our beers were gone and even with two waitresses working the patio, which wasn't crowded, no one had waited on us or even spoken to us! At this point I called one over.  It was clear that it was time to take some action or risk going hungry!

The waitress was very friendly and apologized, but heck we had already been here going on 45-minutes. We did order food and followed the recommendation for the braised chicken. Supposed to be a house specialty. I guess after all the wait I was expecting a bit more. It was okay. Less greasy then KFC, but less flavorful too. The salad was good but very standard. The sweet potato fries were good, but weren't good enough to make up for all the other misses.

Sorry but I just can't give a great score for this one.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

South Bend, Indiana
“Very friendly place with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

It had been a long time since we had good BROASTED chicken and it was wonderful! Wife had fish and a salad and loved both. Our waitress was also fantastic making us feel like we were her only customer. We highly recommend.

• Visited March 2011