“Great place great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 164 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: Mexican
Elkhart, Indiana
“Great place great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very good food and great price and clean place.I love their cheese dip it's awesome.My favorite dish is the burrito barbechos with cheesedip love it! I am looking forward for my next visit to El Camino Real:)

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

South Bend, Indiana
“Awsome Food, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place was a great experience. Authentic mexican food and great service ! I loved it! Menu was priced well, place was clean and food was delicious!!!

Visited December 2012
Granger, Indiana
“Bad Service even worse food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have eaten here many times in the past and quit going recently because the service had gotten so bad. We were going right by there around dinner time on Saturday July 7, 2012 and decided to give it another try. The service again was mediocre and the food not fresh at all. We had 2 different waiters for some reason. The cheese and meat appetizer was more meat than cheese and greasy. My husband ordered a burrito that was just okay. The beans that came with it were mush and the rice was dry. I ordered a combination of one enchilada and one taco. Meat was dry in both of them. The sauce was okay. My beans and rice were the same as my husbands. They used to have good salsa. It has gone way down hill. The food and service used to be fantastic about a year ago. I don't know if they have changed owners, the staffing seems different. We will not be returning.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Elkhart, IN
“Probably the most dissapointing Mexican food I've ever seen or eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

For being so far from the boarder, this mostly rural part of Indiana has far too many "authentic" Mexican restaurants. The funny part, is that with so many we've been able to discern "good Mexican" from "cheap Mexican". El Camino's are "cheap" in every sense of the word. Their ingredients rarely seem fresh (including the shredded lettuce). But the worst part is the way they prepare most of their side items. My only guess is that they puree everything, at least that's what it looks like. Baby food is the closest thing I can compare it to. Unappetizing to look at, and not much to taste. With so many "good" places to get Mexican food in the area, don't waste your time here.

Austin
“Looks are Deceiving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This place has the look of an authentic Mexican food restaurant but they water down their guacamole, have yucky salsa and use more grease than any place I've ever eaten in Mexcio and I love that country. Once was enough to keep me from returning to this restaurant.