“Almost Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Elkhart
Roscoe, Illinois
“Almost Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel a number of times during the last year and every stay has been excellent! The King Suite rooms are always great! Always clean and never an issue. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travel to Elkhart, IN!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Shelby Township, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend soccer tournament. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The girls loved the movie room and we spent most of our free time in the main lounge our outside in the courtyard. I will say that the beds were not very comfortable and that for the Sunday morning brunch, they ran out of food and we had to wait for more to be brought out. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Elkhart North, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Lisa M,

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Avon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Needing to travel on what turned out to be Notre Dame’s commencement weekend, we had looked to stay overnight at South Bend which would be the half-way point for our travels but were shocked by the room rates and limited availability even on a Thursday evening. Discovering that it was commencement weekend at Notre Dame, we looked for options close by and found this hotel less than 20 minutes away was priced normally and highly rated. It turned out to be a great choice as the hotel is very clean and well maintained with large comfortable rooms that include a kitchen area and large refrigerator for extended stays, a great staff and a nice complimentary breakfast and breakfast room to enjoy it in. In addition to the standard pool and fitness room, there is also an outdoor courtyard with seating, covered grills, a putting green and a basketball half court that are particularly nice for those staying for an extended period. At checkout, I commented that the room rate was very reasonable compared to the crazy rates just a few miles away in South Bend. The lady at the front desk stated that this was a typical situation for Notre Dame commencements, football games and other big events; even the price of gas skyrockets in South Bend at these times. While we would recommend staying here at any time; it is a particularly good option for those traveling to Notre Dame for a large event.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this from the hotel room our day of departure. This hotel may be the best in the area, but I say that because our other family members are staying at the Belvedere, and the blow dryer just fell out of the wall. My mother in law had already checked in, so when my wife and I arrived, we just walked right in. The front desk workers didn't even bother standing up from the back room to greet us. Went to the back patio to hang out with the family, which was fun. My two year old got to play in the pool the night before and enjoyed it, but the pool area is definitely nothing to brag about. The beds were comfy and the room nice. We really enjoyed the free bag of popcorn as a late snack.
This morning, I was drying off from my shower, and realized my towel was dirty from the people before me. Looked like ear wax in two large patches. DISGUSTING. Got the next towel, SAME THING. I have never seen this at a pretty nice hotel. The third towel was fine, which I gave to my wife. I called the front desk to let them know, and they said "sorry, we can bring you more." It was sincere, but bringing more towels once you dry off doesn't solve any problems. I am surprised that they just allowed the conversation to end at that point, without doing anything to prevent me from writing a not good review. We went to breakfast after, and there were no tables for a larger group to eat together. Breakfast was disappointing. Styrofoam plates to eat canned fruit cocktail off of just
is just not appealing. Although the hotel was sold out, they only had one of the two buffets filled with food.
My family comes to the area regularly for various tournaments. Also, we generally like IH properties. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Elkhart North, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear FoxPartyOfThree,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is great to know our staff was able to address your concerns during your stay. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the condition of our facilities and the service you received. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed one night at this Staybridge on a roadtrip to the midwest with our 3 year old. The property looked newer and updated inside and out. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful from start to finish. We were pleasantly surprised with the complimentary drinks and mini-buffet served at 5:30. I wasn't thrilled with the main dish, which was hot dogs, but there were soem decent salad makings, and we had gone to a restaurant for dinner, so we just enjoyed the drinks and socialing. It wasn't very warm out, but there was a nice outdoor sitting area with a basketball court, which we enjoyed regardless. The indoor pool water was a bit cold, but the area was clean and the furniture was well kept, towels were supplied.
We stayed in the "Studio Suite", which was very nice, complete with a kitchen. However, it was a bit smaller than I expected. In many "suite" hotels there is a half wall separating the room with the bed from the room with the sofa bed. I would have preferred that for our 3 year old. She had a harder time getting to sleep because she didn't have her own "area". I suppose I should have known since we were getting the "studio" that it would be close quarters, but I don't necessarily think it should be called a suite if it's just one room for the king bed and sofa bed.
At check-in, we were told to let them know if there wasn't a blanket in the closet for the sofabed. It was as if they knew there would be no blanket, as if they don't stock them in every room. The bathroom had a nice shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, but only two towels for three people. We didn't realize this until we were getting ready to shower. A towel was brought right to us when we called.
The breakfast was pretty good. Waffle maker, scrambled eggs (a bit salty), meat, english muffins, toast, danish, yogurt, fresh and canned fruit.
When we went down to the pool for our morning swim, the pool area wasn't in the best shape. No clean towels available and many wet towels laying all around. The restroom was also in need of attention. We went right to the front desk. No one came for quite a while, so we went to the breakfast area and found employees in the kitchen. They said several people had called in that morning and they were short staffed, but within minutes brought clean towels to the pool for us and then cleaned up the wet towels.
The only other thing I noticed was some hair and debris behind the door in the bathroom that housekeeping apparently missed. It wasn't pleasant to look at, but it certainly didn't spoil our overall impression of this hotel and it's amazing staff. We plan to stay here again and have already recommended it to others.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, which was nice. I would suspect there may be noise from the indoor pool...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed at Staybridge in Elkhart, IN. Huge suite with a kitchenette (including ice maker, pots and pans, plates and utensils). Very clean, very nice. Pool, movie theater, movie library, gym, pool and basketball court. It was snowing and cold, so didn't take advantage of the outside amenities, but the staff were all very friendly and courteous. Had a very comfortable, great nights sleep. There are a bunch of things within walking distance like Steak & Shake, 7-11, a few other fast food places. Right off the highway and easy to get to. The breakfast wasn't amazing, but can't really complain either. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All suites are the same I believe. I stayed on the back of the building, very quiet and comfortable...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gloucester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while our RV was being repaired and we could not have chosen a better hotel to stay in. The staff was very friendly from check in to checkout. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The kitchen in the room was wonderful completely stocked . The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room was very quiet. Only noise we heard was when somone checked in the room above us. Even then it was minor footsteps not enough to bother us. We traveled with our dog and they accepted her very well. Only wish is that other pet owners had cleaned up after their pet. Lots of pet waste in the grass areas. The full hot breakfast bar was incredible. I dont think you could think of anything else to eat for breakfast that they did not have. We did not participate in the afternoon food and drinks that they provided but it sounded wonderful. Having seen the other hotel options in Elkhart I wouldnt ever stay anywhere else but here. So glad I made our reservations here!

Room Tip: We had a corner king suite on the second floor and it was great. If you are sensitive to sound then...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Elkhart North? Share your experiences!