“this place is the belle of the boat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bardstown, Kentucky
“this place is the belle of the boat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

excellent service & cuisine. my only complaint is that we were seated at a table right as you come in the door out in the middle of everything. there was a very large party of some sort that was quite obnoxious near by.
this is the third time we have eaten here & it has been wonderful each time. the steaks are perfection. previously we were seated in quieter areas.
our waitress went above & beyond & even sent us home with a sweet treat.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hoover, Alabama
“Fantastic Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Ordered the 24 ounce prime rib at medium rare. Delivered perfectly. Wife had the filet and felt the same. Service was exceptional. First time in a Binion's Steakhouse but it won't be the last.

Visited January 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Jack Binions will make it right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Have been here many times, and it is the best!
Only one time about two months ago, did we have poor service and poor food. I believe it was the waitress being new and not knowing what they were doing.
One person's prime rib was all fat, we waited forever for our food, potatoes and steak were cold.
Waited again for our bills. When mine came, my bill was only 28.00 and I had comp,but wasn't sure how much and so I left a 20 with my players card in the folder.
The waitress took it, while I was waiting and talking, opened it up and she had taken the twenty and my comp covered the meal.
I waited and waited and the waitress never came back out, to see if she brought my twenty back so I could leave her tip.
Because she just took it, on a 28 dollar bill, it infuriated me when the service was not up to par.
I wrote to Binions and told them of my one time only bad experience, and they more than made up for it with two free entrees and they brought out free appetizers.
Everything was as it always is, other than that one time, and we will definitely return.
They definitely want to make it right and it is our favorite place to go for a special night out.
Thanks Binions, your dedication to service and happy customers is appreciated and your high class service and excellent steaks are why we keep coming back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hurricane, West Virginia
“Decent food for casino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

This is not as good as the steakhouse in cincinatti but it was good for the location. Steak was prepared well but the sides were a bit over cooked. The wait staff was attentive and made the place a better restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hattiesburg, MS
“A Great Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

On our recent two-day visit to the Horseshoe property, my companion and I had a delicious and memorable dinner at Jack Binion’s Steakhouse. As is common in our travels, we typically save the best for last. We succeeded on all accounts.

Our experience was first rate from beginning to end. A very friendly and helpful receptionist took our walk-up reservation for later that evening. Upon returning for our dinner, we were seated promptly and had immediate attention from the wait staff. The restaurant is casual, but we were both comfortable in being slightly more “dressy” than some other patrons. The restaurant is dimly lit; the ambiance, including old standards as background music, made for a perfect leisurely and satisfying meal.

As we typically do, we went with the house specialty, steak. We both had the filet mignon; I chose the larger portion, medium rare, with Oscar sauce; K chose a smaller steak (medium) with an onion topping. We had salads and sides of baked potatoes. We chose a bottle of Cabernet for our wine. The filling meal (actually, a bit too filling) was concluded with a shared crème brulee and coffee.

The steaks were cooked exactly to order and the service was excellent throughout the meal. Absolutely no complaints on any aspect of our visit.

Jack B’s is on the expensive side, yet it provided value for our circumstances. We gave serious consideration to driving into downtown Louisville for our evening out, but economic reality caused us to refocus on just staying at Horseshoe. Travel to/from downtown would involve about thirty miles of driving (and fifty minutes of time) and we would likely have had to deal with the cost of vehicle parking. Our tentative Louisville meal would have cost just about the same as Binion’s and would have involved the additional expenses to boot. So, we left the car parked and simply walked to Binion’s from our hotel room. We came out ahead, I feel.

There was a second cost-saving bonus at Binion’s as well. On Monday and Tuesday nights many wine selections are available at half-price per bottle. We used that option as well. A small additional discount was also available for player’s card holders.

We would certainly look forward to another evening at Binion’s the next time we are staying at the Horseshoe hotel.

• Visited August 2013