“Enjoyable Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Elizabeth
More attraction details
Owner description: World-class gaming complex features 140 gaming tables and more than 2,500 slot machines.
Hattiesburg, MS
10 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The casino is located about 14 miles southwest of Louisville, KY. The casino gambling area is located on a permanently moored, four-deck riverboat on the Ohio River. Enclosed ramps and hallways provide connections to the remainder of the Horseshoe resort property.

Each deck has its assortment of slots and table games, but the different decks vary in the presence/absence of table games, food availability, and in provisions for non-smokers.

I have a certain fondness for Horseshoe (formerly Caesars-Indiana), for this is the casino where I learned, more or less, to play blackjack in the casino environment. But, I no longer live in the area and have developed Biloxi, MS connections for most of my play.

My preferred non-smoking area has been relegated to the lowest deck and is only open sporadically. In order to remain in contact with my slots-playing companion, I spent my time on Deck Three, which housed the table games and conveniently placed slots. Unfortunately, this deck is a smoking area. The smoking environment was not as bad as I feared; we were visiting on two light traffic nights, so the number of smokers was at a fairly low ebb.

We found the casino employees to be friendly and helpful. Special thanks to the young lady at the player’s counter (Total Rewards) who helped us get our player’s cards functioning properly. I also want to acknowledge “Mo,” my blackjack dealer. His personality and wit helped make the game thoroughly enjoyable. My time with “Mo” was one of the best table experiences I’ve ever had at any casino.

Unlike most casinos I visit, Horseshoe is subject to Indiana law and cannot offer free alcoholic beverages. (Alcohol is available for purchase, however). They do provide free coffee, I noticed, and probably soft drinks as well.

Except for the hotel room discount (and token discounts on food purchases) I did not receive any specific “comp” for my limited play—about five hours total over two days. I let any points earned accumulate for use at another time.

I have two bits of advice to give potential guests. Whether you are visiting Horseshoe—or any other casino—ALWAYS obtain a player’s card. Earning “comps” is one sure way of getting something back for gambling risks and presumed losses.

Second tip: Save room for an after gambling treat by stopping by Graeter’s ice cream parlor.

Visited August 2013

Huntington, West Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Sweet place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Had three nights free and had a great time. It is a walk from the hotel to casino but you need it to work off all the food we ate. Legends was comparable to Applebee's but better and the pearl was extremely good. There is four levels to gamble on and a different mix of machines and table games on each level. The smoke smell can be a little strong but I am a smoker so it doesn't bother me!

Memphis, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
“Not so great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ive been to many casinos and Horseshoe is overall a great casino where im from. This particular casino is so far out on the woods it's scary. It is literally in the middle of no where. The casino part of the hotel is a very far walk that its tiresome. The casino is very small they have it divided into floors with each floor having a small amount of slot machines. I wouldn't recommend anyone go there if you dont already live there. Not worth the drive.

greenwood
59 attraction reviews
“Not overly impressed!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited Horseshoe casino on a Saturday Night and it was extremely crowded and busy. I have been to more organized casinos. Machines seem to be very close together and rather hard to move around when they were busy. There are 4 levels and everything just seem to scattered around the different floors when it came to the slots. Very few restrooms & seemed to be a little dated. The non-smoking level seemed to be the place they stuck all the older games. Don't think I would drive the 2hrs. back here again.

Louisville ky
13 attraction reviews
“Gottcha”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was invited to a Jackpot party on September 1st. Boy was it crowdie no matter what floor you went to you couldn't find a machine. Last week when my husband and I went there on a Saturday it was like a ghost town you could pick any machine to play.

We went floor t floor to find a machine, we even went to the high roller machines on the 4th floor and even the 50 and 100 dollar machines were occupied. This in my opinion was a good move on management's part. They really knew how to get people there. It looked as though they loosened their machines so people were actually winning. It was rather fun even though I wasn't a big winner.

Good Job Horseshoe.