“Go to Belterra instead” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toledo.OH
“Go to Belterra instead”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Not easy to find at night. Only one person at Valet for hotel. Employees very nice, room clean and big. Don't touch the mini bar unless you want to pay thru the nose. Hall carpets were stained with who knows what? Yes, it's a little walk to Casino. Casino was very smoking (eyes were burning), not enough of penny machines. Had to go hunting for the penny slot machines. When I found some, half of them weren't working. I wouldn't come back again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

My husband and I went for a two day get away. We don't really gamble so nothing was comped. The service was fantastic! Every employee was friendly and helpful. We loved our room and watching the Canadian geese each morning. We will definately be back. Though we were not comped, we were given rate reductions when we asked.
Paula Deens was good but expensive. I was sick on the day we left...I think it was the oysters. Just be careful what you eat.

Ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

Service was great at the hotel, but tried to reserve the room at a cheaper rate online, it would not let me, even though it was listed as a cheaper rate. By the time I made it to the hotel, no deluxe king rooms left, and they informed me that they could not give me the online rate at the hotel, only online.
Employees were all very nice and helpful, room was clean, other than the carpet, my socks were dirty from walking across the room several times.
Casino was good, but I feel they should have more $5.00 tables, we have very few funds to go have fun with, so its not that we don't want to spend more, we can't. And I also thought some of the snacks and food were really, really expensive, come on now, you can't tell me that the majority of people who frequent there, can afford a 2.50 can of M&Ms. They need to reconsider that.
The Italian restaurant was great, but the Paula Deen Buffet, well "just sucked". Sorry Paula, but you know...
We did have a pretty good time but I feel like they may need to review their management and see what they can do to improve it.

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I know the ratings are all over the place for horseshoe, but I guess you must decide for yourself. Stayed for 2 nights in Sept. and had a great time. Machines seemed to be paying out o.k. Didn't see any jackpots, but really wasn't looking. Played blackjack and did extremely well. All the restaurants were great except Paula Dean. And that was o.k. Buffet was comped so no big deal. All the other restaurants were good, large helpings and very reasonably priced. Hotel room was super and our room was comped. I don't know what all the complaints are about. Room 715 was very clean, LG flat screen hi def, beds fine, etc. etc. The walk to the casino was not as bad as some people said. I guess some people have to complain about everything. Golf course was great and cheap. But we had 95 and 96 degree days and golfing was not comfortable. All in all, trip was great. But not too much else to do unless you go into Louisville. And we did not hear anybody from another room. We could barely hear the shower running.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed at the Horshoe for 3 nights (September 2 - 15). From the moment we arrived everything was perfect. The check in was quick and easy. All my requests were met. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. We ate at the Paula Dean Buffet three times during our 4 day stay. Good variety of food and very tasty. The restaurant near the hotel front desk had a good selection of food - reasonably priced. Opens early but closes at 11:30 a.m. and reopens again at 6pm. The casino was as good as far as casinos go - not great. Did manage to win a few dollars to keep me playing.

Walk from hotel to casino is toooo long. Seems like 2 miles. Wear good comfortable shoes. There is a free shuttle to take you back and forth but you have to wait for it - usually about 10 minutes. Casino has a good selection of machines and a few new ones I never heard of. I could play all the machines I play at my home casino.

The Host I was given was fantastic. He supplied all my extra needs and the comps were great. Would definitely come back again and tell my friends about Horshoe Southern Indiana.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Jeffersonville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We waited in line over an hour which we had done when it was the Villa Buffet. That would have been ok if the wait was warranted. The fish was cold and dry. The crab legs were extremely small and overcooked. Without going on and on.......the food was simply not good. My wife and I heard a foursome at the next table commenting the same way. The server (term used very loosely) was inattentive due to spending a lot of time talking with another server complaining about their boss. In any event we left determined not to return and agreeing it was certainly no value. I then discovered today while checking my bank account online it was worse than we thought......the amount charged to my debit card was more than I authorized when I signed the slip. The positive for us was now we will feel much better about making the drive to Belterra Casino. Don't waste your time or money going there.......absolutely horrible experience. The next question on this review I'm completing is "Would I recommend to a friend?" I'm gonna have to say No because Hell No isn't one of the choices.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

Can't say much about our comped room except, it needed a new rug.The much promoted Paula Deen buffet, however, was not a pleasant experience even with meal coupons. Someone in food service should scope Ryan's. We will be back because this is where we gamble but not fade the buffet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!