“Paula Deen buffet was very disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“Paula Deen buffet was very disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We waited in line over an hour which we had done when it was the Villa Buffet. That would have been ok if the wait was warranted. The fish was cold and dry. The crab legs were extremely small and overcooked. Without going on and on.......the food was simply not good. My wife and I heard a foursome at the next table commenting the same way. The server (term used very loosely) was inattentive due to spending a lot of time talking with another server complaining about their boss. In any event we left determined not to return and agreeing it was certainly no value. I then discovered today while checking my bank account online it was worse than we thought......the amount charged to my debit card was more than I authorized when I signed the slip. The positive for us was now we will feel much better about making the drive to Belterra Casino. Don't waste your time or money going there.......absolutely horrible experience. The next question on this review I'm completing is "Would I recommend to a friend?" I'm gonna have to say No because Hell No isn't one of the choices.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

Can't say much about our comped room except, it needed a new rug.The much promoted Paula Deen buffet, however, was not a pleasant experience even with meal coupons. Someone in food service should scope Ryan's. We will be back because this is where we gamble but not fade the buffet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Had an overnight visit with friends at the Hotel and Casino. Room was nice. Great value using comps from the Casino. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We ate at the Paula Deen Buffeet for dinner and then again for breakfast and it is lacking alot. This Paula Deen can't be compaired to the one in Tunica - much better in Tunica. It was a very disappointing experice compaired to Tunica. It was to crowed at the buffett and roped off.
The casino was so tight, I guess they were trying to get their money back for the renovations.

There were people standing in line to get into Paula Deen's and people were giving them the thumbs down.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
cincinnati, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have not been such a poorly venilated smoke filled casino and I have been to many. They say 25% of americans smoke, if so, the whole 25% in Ky. and Indy go to this casino. It was truly hard to breath. Or see.
I have never seen such riff raff , bums and thugs in a casino. How can so many people who look like they have really hit hard times be in one casino? This casino continues to go down hill. I used to love this place and thought it was the best of all river casinos. Not any more.
The buffet was being remodeled to a Paula Dean, so food was being served in the one of the theaters and looked kinda gross. It would have been nice to know this when reservations were made. Hotel room was fine, employees were very nice.
If you like B O and Smoke this is the place to go. If not try another. I guess casinos will be the last to get it on this smoking thing. I usually don"t mind the smoke but this place is something else.

Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Stayed on the 22nd and the 27th of Aug. My wife and I really enjoy the Horseshoe, no it's not like Ceasars was, but it is close. The carpets do need to be changed and I think they are working on that, as they had some floors shut down for remodeling when we were there. They put us on a smoking floor and it really stunk in the morning when we walked out of the room. Paula Deane's buffet looks like it will be good although we didn't get a chance to eat there. You might want to wear long pants and maybe even a sweater when your gambling as the air conditioner is working overtime on the boat. All the staff we met were very friendly and courteous. All said and done we really like this place and will be back. P.S. the walk from your room to the casino won't hurt anyone, it's just a nice stroll, take your time and enjoy the scenery.

Louisveille
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

I Stay at Horseshoe quite often, lately the rooms have been really dirty, the carpets are stained bad in the smoking rooms. When you arrive to your room the stinch of stale smoke takes your breath. I've learned to ask for Non Smoking rooms, they seem to be a little cleaner. It is nice the the pool is staying open longer. Overall the comps keeps me coming back. The slots just need to be a lot looser.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!