“First Time Stay..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
“First Time Stay..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at the hotel this past weekend for a quick romantic getaway. Staff was very friendly from the checking into the hotel to the shuttle drivers to checking out. We asked for the river view but it's kinda far away so you can't really see it like you thought(even with glasses lol). We loved the fact that they had a nice sized pool and hot tub, however, the hot tub was down for maintenance when we arrived which we were quite disappointed. Only other thing I can think of I did not like was that there was not a eatery open later in the evening not located in the casino. My significant other is allergic to smoke and just those few mins on Deck 2 to get food irritated his allergies.

Room Tip: Check their website directly for a better price. At first I checked Priceline and Hotels and it was...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
louisville, ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Doesn't matter what status you have or how much you spend, if you play the slots here, expect to lose money. Tightest machines I've ever seen in 20 yrs of gambling. They need to get some competition closer by, the table bosses can be as rude as they choose, and it's Horseshoes policy that employees are not to apologize to you. I get all kinds of free offers from the hotel, but when I took my wife there for her birthday I was told I couldn't go past the security desk without a key. After I explained I wanted to get a room and I was also on a guest list, I was told I couldn't go past without a key. After I explained I can't get a key without going to the desk I was told I couldn't go past the security desk without a key. You get the idea ? Finally another security officer showed up only to say to me "we don't know that you aren't here to kill someone". WHAT ? Seriously people. I would rather sleep in my car than to ever stay at this hotel. And if you want any chance of winning money, go buy some lottery scratch offs. Good luck !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Elizabeth hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

One of the best part of this hotel has to be the salt water wave pool and the huge hot tub. The pool stays open til 12a and if you happen to still be up from the night before it reopens at 8a and for a few hours you have the pool to yourself. The rooms are quite comfortable, however the higher floors tend to have issues with A/C. Rooms are equipped with refrigerator but no microwave. Room service can be a little costly and the food is mediocre. Other than the casino, there is very little to do close to the hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Jeremy W, thanks for taking the time to review us. We're glad you enjoy our aquatic facilities. If you stay with us in the spring, summer or fall and play golf, our award-winning equestrian golf course Chariot Run would be a close option for entertainment. We also have live music every Friday and Saturday at Legends and DJs on Deck 2 of the casino. We hope to have you as a guest again soon!

-Andrew, Guest Relations
Owensboro, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First, the front desk told me they did not have a King bed room, e=which we had booked and paid for. This big hotel was not busy, but said they were out of King rooms. They said the only thing they had was a handicapped designed room. this room was perfect for some one a wheel chair, but was uncomfortable for us. There is a coffee shop in the lobby and the other restaurants require a shuttle or walk almost a mile. The Hotel is there for the Casino and if you do not go there to gamble, you will not be very welcomed, by the way they should be ashamed of the buffet.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Billy3328, We're sorry that your visit did not meet your expectations. We try to honor all requests but due to demand we sometimes cannot. Your comments have been forwarded on to our Hotel Manager and The Spread Buffet Manager.

We hope that if you decide to stay with us again, we can make your stay legendary.

-Andrew, Guest Relations.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stay in this hotel every few months to take my father in law to the casino and the service never fails! Making a reservation is so easy and once you check in, there are no limits to the hospitality. If there is one small problem with the room, the staff attends to it immediately and with a smile. Staff never passes you without saying hello and enjoy your stay. I don't gamble much but the hotel is so nice to relax and get away and the best thing is that it only takes us 20 minutes to get there. I always love my stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Laura P, thanks for reviewing us. We're thrilled that our staff helps make your visit legendary. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

-Andrew, Guest Relations.
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I visit a lot of casinos from Vegas to "wherever." To be honest, we weren't expecting much when we decided to head over to the Horseshoe in Elizabeth, Indiana. I mean, ELIZABETH? INDIANA?

However, we were very pleasantly surprised by what turned out to be a really nice experience. We were promptly greeted at the lobby desk by a very friendly attendant who quickly checked us in and sent us on our way to a very clean and spacious room. The hotel is detached from the casino, connected by an indoor walkway where you can either hoof it or ride a golf cart shuttle. It's a nice walk, so that's what we did, stopping at the Corner Cafe for a late lunch - a couple of tasty pastrami panini's. The girl behind the counter was very friendly. In fact, all of the hotel and casino employees went out of their way to say "hello" and wish us a great day. The Horseshoe just may be home to the friendliest staff we've ever met! Kudos for that!

The casino is a a riverboat with four decks. Deck 1 is a non-smoking casino. It's a great idea, but what Deck 1 lacks is a real exciting gaming experience. The slots seemed old, and there were no table games - at least when we were there. Deck 2 offers a wide range of slots and video poker, including quite a few with good payouts. Deck 3 is where most of the action is with lots of the latest slots and a large area for table games (more on that in a second). Deck 4 is the high-limit deck so we didn't spend any time there.

My wife is a slot player and didn't have much luck until the following morning. She still says the machines seemed tighter than they were in Vegas on our last trip. I play Blackjack and the game is really good at the Horseshoe - lots of $5 shoe games with 3-2 blackjacks. They also have the "plus 3" side bet that is just a waste of money (in my way of thinking) although a guy next to me won a couple thousand on it. Go figure! But I came away a winner over three sessions. The dealers were very friendly and helpful to inexperienced players.

We did the Spread Buffet for supper and - well, it's okay, but nothing to write home about. We wish we had gone to Binion's Steak House which has a $39 special Monday-Thursday.

All in all, we really enjoyed the Horseshoe and now that we live in Lexington, KY we'll visit more often. My wife and I both want to compliment the staff for their warmth and friendliness!

Visited December 2014

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi TVMarty, thank you for taking the time to review us! We pride ourselves on exceptional service and we're thrilled that it came through during your visit. It's important to us that our guests feel welcomed and we look forward to matching that feeling every time you come visit. Jack Binion's Steak House is keeping the Midweek Menu for a while longer, so hopefully on your next visit, you'll get a chance to try it. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

-Andrew, Guest Relations
louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoy staying at Horseshoe no matter the time of year but the Christmas decorations are so pretty. Once again we had a king deluxe room. The room as always is clean. We stay in a smoking room yet we never smell alot of the smoke smell some have complained about. You don't have alot of noise from other rooms some hotels have. The water pressure is always good in the shower. The staff no matter who we meet are always quick with a" hello" or" how is your stay going" we always say great because we haven't had a problem.

Room Tip: Even # rooms face the Ohio river. Odd # have a woods few.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi nikib1964, we're thrilled that you enjoyed our holiday decor! The tree is really impressive in the rotunda area but we've upped our game this year with trees throughout the property. We're glad you enjoyed your room and that the Team Members on-property made your trip just that much more special. Thanks for writing and we look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!