“weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Save Saved
You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dayton, Ohio
“weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was our 2nd time staying at the Horseshoe, this time we stayed 2 nights and played a round of golf. we do not gamble that much, but got 2 free nights. The hotel was great, check in easy. We were late getting in and had reservations in Louisville for dinner, so the valet were kind enough to keep our car waiting while we showered and changed. Came back later for the casino- very tight slots- and played cards for awhile, great dealer, fun. Played 18 holes at Chariot Run on Friday, excellent condition, considering how little rain they have had. A HARD course, but beautiful. But it is farther away from the hotel than they say, about 20 minutes.
Had dinner at Legends outside the casino on 2nd night- get meals to share- they are huge!!!
Band started at 9:00- covered all genres. Spent a little time in casino, but mostly came back to the bar for the music.
They have a nice trail to walk in back of the hotel- has exercise stops- we enjoyed the walk.
The cafe at the hotel closed after breakfast, we did not want to walk towards the casino to get lunch. Was told they made them close when the buffet opened, bummer, but we ate at the golf course, just sandwiches, but that is all we wanted.
The staff we met, valet service were great. We will go back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hi madonna_45432, thanks for the review. We're glad that you were able to take full advantage of all that Horseshoe Southern Indiana has to offer our guests. With our diverse entertainment choices, it's always a pleasure to hear when someone explores the entire property. We look forward to having you as a guest again. - Andrew, Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

So I rather suddenly needed an overnight place to stay in Louisville for business. Alas, it happened to be the week of the PGA Tournament, which put most places in downtown out of my company's willingness to pay range.

Horseshoe, though, is about 12 miles from downtown, and very reasonably priced. So there I was.

My room was great--clean, neat, with a great layout. The bathroom was also good, as each area (shower, sink, toilet) was separate; good if you're traveling with others. My only complaint would be that the room needs more light ; there are two lamps, one between the beds, and one on the desk. Not nearly enough if you need to read or work, although I might be the only person at a casino who needed to do those.

I ate at the buffet restaurant, The Spread. The food was well prepared, although nothing elaborate or particularly fancy. Coffee at the cafe was good. I didn't have time for the pool or even the casino. I did appreciate that the casino has a non-smoking section, something that helps those of us allergic to smoke.

My commute the next morning was easy. If I need to go back to Louisville, I'll consider this Indiana hotel again. I might even hit the casino next time.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
BabeinWoods, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as a guest again in the future! - Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Staff was really friendly at both hotel and casino. Room was very clean and beds were very good. Bathroom clean and large. Have been to casino many times, mostly for poker room. Played in a couple Denny Crum Poker events, nice event. Playing in back to back days so stayed at hotel had been several
years since I had done so...was pleased with the stay as not only was the room nice/clean check in quick as was checkout and the people working the desk were friendly.....staff at Corner Cafe were extremely friendly also....

• Stayed July 2014
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
jdsrf900, thanks for taking the time to review us. We're thrilled that your room was great and that the Team Members seemed to make your stay more enjoyable. The Denny Crum Poker Open is an an annual event that draws a nice crowd. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

- Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Found this property on hotwire and thought it seemed like fun so went ahead and booked it. I was travelling for business and only staying one night before leaving the next morning for an early flight. Didn't truly realize how far out it was from Louisville. There is nothing else within 10 miles of the hotel. If you are coming to gamble, and not do anything outside the property, it's a good option. But if you want to be able to eat outside the hotel, good luck. The hotel and casino could use some updating, everything just appears worn and tired, and everything just reeks of cigarette smoke. I arrived around 8pm and was able to quickly get checked in and to my room. The room itself was large and clean. I wandered down to the casino just to check it out. Again, cigarette smoke was just obnoxious. I did go down to the 1st level which was smoke free, which is a nice touch. I was hoping to get dinner on property, but not really a lot of quick grab and go options. I'm sure the steakhouse and buffets are great. Back in the room, the bed comfort was fine. It took a while for the room to cool down. I set the temperature all the way to 60 and turned the fan on high, and it barely seemed to make a difference. During the night I woke up and it was cooler, so it just took it a while. The AC unit and the room in general was very quiet. Not someplace I will stay again, but I can see it being a decent option if you want a getaway just to gamble.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany M., thanks for taking the time to review us. We're glad you enjoyed your room. If you ever find yourself out our away again, try Aroma Cafe (located in the hotel lobby) or JB's Cafe (located on Deck 2) for some quick meals. The Corner Cafe in the Rotunda also has some delicious sandwiches ready to be eaten. We try our best to eliminate the smoke smell but depending on the night, it could be stronger than others. We're glad you found Deck 1 - we've recently added more tables and slots to that floor for our non-smoking guests.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our son recently graduated training at Ft. Knox and we took the opportunity to combine the trip to his graduation with a weekend getaway. The Hoeseshoe is about 50 minutes away from Ft. Knox. A tip to others who might do the same, cross the Ohio River to the east of Ft. Knox. You can cross to the west, but the road through Indiana on that side is a winding country road through nowhere. The drive from the east was easier.

The casino is set in the quiet countryside. If staying at the hotel, we recommend parking on the third floor of the hotel parking garage (open air level). It is the closest to the hotel lobby.

The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The hotel was nice and we got a great rate. The casino itself is a hike through a long hallway to the riverboat. They have a golf cart shuttle that will drive you the majority of the way, but it is still a bit of a hike from the drop off to the casino entrance. Not a problem for us, but could be for those with mobility issues. We saw that they do rent wheelchair type scooters.

It was a nice place for a weekend away and close enough to Ft. Knox to suit our needs. Lots of slot machines to choose from. Many were older and still offered very low minimums. Lots of 15 and 20 cent machines which are not to be found at the Horseshoe casino in Cleveland. Hubby enjoyed the $5 blackjack tables. Dealers were friendly.

Not sure we'd make the drive again just for the hotel/casino, but if we're ever in the area again we will be sure to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Laura W, thanks for taking the time to review us. We're glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the variety our casino offered. We look forward to having you as a guest again and congratulations to your son on graduating from Ft. Knox! - Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hotel was a great price.....room was clean and was a pretty large room. My floor was very quite and I had no issues in regards to the room. Was only passing through, so I spent most of my time in the casino. I don't really play slots so I cant comment on the payback, but the the blackjack was fun with good dealers. You do have to pay for in room WI-FI if you planning on being on the net for a long period of time. The walk to the casino is longer, but you have escalators that cover a large stretch of it. It's located a few miles off I-64, but easy enough to get to. I will plan on staying here again when passing through next time.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Chris C., thanks for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed your time at the blackjack tables. Our dealers love to have a good time. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon. - Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
Crawfordsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Good rooms. A bit overpriced for the quality, but its close to home and we needed a rest!
Restaurants were good. Binion's steakhouse was exceptional. Great steak and good service. Only lost 3 cents gambling. That's good for me. My husband lost $90.00. So it was worth the fun. Would love to win a jackpot sometime.

Room Tip: You will still smell smoke even if you booked a nonsmoking. Found out it is because of the smoke in...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pat S., thanks for the accolades. Jack Binion's Steak House was recently awarded #1 in Overall Service throughout the whole company and we're glad you would agree. Come back again soon! -Andrew. Guest Relations Manager

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!