“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hotel was a great price.....room was clean and was a pretty large room. My floor was very quite and I had no issues in regards to the room. Was only passing through, so I spent most of my time in the casino. I don't really play slots so I cant comment on the payback, but the the blackjack was fun with good dealers. You do have to pay for in room WI-FI if you planning on being on the net for a long period of time. The walk to the casino is longer, but you have escalators that cover a large stretch of it. It's located a few miles off I-64, but easy enough to get to. I will plan on staying here again when passing through next time.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Chris C., thanks for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed your time at the blackjack tables. Our dealers love to have a good time. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon. - Andrew, Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Crawfordsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Good rooms. A bit overpriced for the quality, but its close to home and we needed a rest!
Restaurants were good. Binion's steakhouse was exceptional. Great steak and good service. Only lost 3 cents gambling. That's good for me. My husband lost $90.00. So it was worth the fun. Would love to win a jackpot sometime.

Room Tip: You will still smell smoke even if you booked a nonsmoking. Found out it is because of the smoke in...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pat S., thanks for the accolades. Jack Binion's Steak House was recently awarded #1 in Overall Service throughout the whole company and we're glad you would agree. Come back again soon! -Andrew. Guest Relations Manager
Sullivan, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were planning a trip to Clarksville and Corydon, so I picked this hotel. I picked it not only for location, but for the price as well. The rooms were very nice and clean. The bathrooms were some of the best I have seen! The toilet was separated by a door from the rest of the bathroom, but both were in their own room, unlike those where the sink is in the actual room. Perfect for a family of four. Our parents came along on the trip, and we were able to get adjoining rooms. Perfect.

Our small children loved the pool. It was very big and very nice. The casino itself was also very enjoyable.

We will definitely use this hotel again. Perfect for a family getaway or date night for mom and dad. =)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Merry L., thanks for taking the time to post a review. We're thrilled that your whole family found something to do while you stayed with us. We look forward to having you as a guest again. - Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Before you can take any review of this place to heart, you have to Know why you are here. If you are looking for a romantic weekend getaway, go to the Biltmore. This is a casino with a nice hotel attached.

This isn't a criticism in any way. My purpose in staying was two-fold. I had a conference and wanted to gamble. For that reason, I didn't use my room except for a couple hours sleep, shower, and to change clothes. I thought the room was well kept, clean, and modern enough. If I was planning on staying in the room all weekend, I might complain that it smelled a bit musty.

If you are coming to gamble, the facilities are great. There are 4 levels on the boat and the service is great the whole time. I will say that of all the times I have been there, I never really do that good and I usually walk out if most casinos even,anyway. Not here. But then, I never gamble more than 500 bucks that I can lose. The dealers were all very polite and the staff was always friendly.

Again, would I go back? Sure. For a romantic weekend? No. To gamble a little and to get away, sure. Why not?

• Stayed July 2014
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
lawman37, thanks for reviewing us. We're glad that your stay was good and that you enjoyed yourself at the casino. We strive to offer excellent customer service and glad to know that you experienced that during your stay. Come out and play! - Andrew, Guest Relations
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Very nice...very clean...nothing negative about the room or service...was disappointed with a charge for the WFI but was free in the lobby...The walk to a from the Casino is a very long one...Great..but if you have disabilities it can be hard...even the shuttle doesn't get you all the way to the Casino floor...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hi sandymccluskey1953. Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're thrilled that you had a good time. There are motorized carts and wheelchair rentals available in case someone in your party would need one. We look forward to having you as a guest again! -Andrew, Guest Relations.
louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Once again Horseshoe exceeds expectations. We arrived around 2:00pm to check in. Our king room was waiting for us even though we were 2 hours before check-in. We stayed in room 1040.It was very clean as always. We had a beautiful view of the Ohio river.

We went to the casino for a slot tournament I was in and had a great time. Around 10pm. we went to the room for a moment and had a wonderful surprises we saw around 7 different fire works display going on. Some near downtown Louisville and some south . It was great.

We really enjoy our stays here at Horseshoe. Nice clean hotel with VERY friendly staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are great you can choose a river view or scenic view which is thw country side. Both are f...
Green Features: Very Green. They try to save where they can and ask travelers to do the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
nikib1964,

We're thrilled that enjoyed your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every single guest and we're proud to know that we did just that! We hope to see you again soon.

Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
Windsor, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The walls are paper thin, the air conditioning in the rooms doesn't work worth a damn, charge for internet (but then again most casino hotels do), the bar/restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesday so you are forced to eat at the buffet, the extremely expensive steak house or the "coffee shops' (Yuck!!). Time to make some big changes here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mrsmom89,

We're sorry that your visit didn't meet your expectations. As long as we have availability for the room type you requested we will move you or fix the air conditioning. We do offer free wifi in the lobby of the hotel. In case you visit in the future, Aroma Cafe has a menu that offers hot dishes as well as a selection of sandwiches to grab on-the-go. We hope that should you be in the area again, you'll give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Richard, Hotel Operations Manager

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!