“Adequate. Nothing special.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Save Saved
You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville, Kentucky
“Adequate. Nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

A bit dirty and sticky, a glass sat outside our door as we checked in and was still there when we checked out. No great shakes. Friendly staff doesn't cover up the largest roach I've ever seen that scooted across the elevator lobby when we checked in. Massage decent but if you're going to hold my head in one hand with your other hand on my forehead for a full 5 minutes, I am not going to relax, but will wonder when you might start massaging me again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
MelonWheels, we're sorry that your stay didn't exceed your expectations. We do have a pest control company and will be sure they're made aware of your review.

Richard, Hotel Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The sheets on the bed were smelly and appears not be clean. They had a very musty smell like someone else had slept on them. When I mentioned it at checkout it did not appear to faze the clerk. Made for a bad time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Kathy G, we are so sorry for the cleanliness of your room and the response from the desk clerk. Let us know the next time you're in and we will be sure that everything meets your expectations.

- Richard, Hotel Operations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Elizabeth hotels

Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My room is always free but I would pay for it if I had to. The bed is very comfy along with the pillows and the bathroom is a nice size with a wonderful shower. They could use a microwave for leftovers from the many restaurants but the fridge did keep my drinks nice and cold. The casino is win or lose of course, but always a good time with many different slots and denominations to choose from (penny games to 500 dollars a spin games). 99 percent of the employees I came in contact with were very friendly or at least said hello as you passed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
John E, we're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on the variety of slot and video poker machines we have - it's good to know our patrons like them, too. Thanks again for taking the time to write us and we look forward to having you as a guest again in the future. -Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We just stayed here earlier this week, on a Tuesday night, and had a very nice stay. Everyone was very kind and helpful. I had overheard a couple of employees talking about "morale." What I believe I heard was that there was recently a change in management---and this seemed to be a good thing, and the employees were happy about it.

All of that being said, from the nice welcome to when we checked out, we had great service. Our room was lovely, large, and very clean. The bathroom shower and tub were quite large and comfortable. The bed was wonderful. We especially liked the shampoo and bath toiletries that were offered.

Breakfast in the cafe was perfect---very friendly lady there helping us. We normally would not eat bacon away from home, but they cooked it exactly as we requested (which never, ever happens) and everything was delicious...very strong coffee, which I imagine you would want if you want to stay up for the casino, as people were doing. We were really impressed with the restaurants that were offered for different meals---you would never be bored, that is for sure. The past line-ups for entertainment are impressive as well, and the actual venue in which they perform.

You have to be prepared to walk quite a bit---from the inside corridors to the casino boat. There is a golf cart which will take you to one place or the other, if you need it. And as other reviewers have mentioned, it is out in the middle of nowhere it seems---which is a GOOD thing. This is a destination hotel--most people are going to gamble---and the location, which sort of looks like it is set out in the middle of the country is just lovely. There is also a walking trail which we thought was great. Spending a few peaceful days here is a good thing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
TWEETYCCC, we are just thrilled that your stay was enjoyable. It's our goal to make the guest happy from the moment they step onto the property until they leave. We're glad your bacon was the way you liked it and also that you got to take advantage of the walking trail. We hope to have you as a guest again soon. -Richard, Manager Hotel Operations
ATLANTA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel & casino is in the middle of nowhere. There is absolutely nothing for over 8 miles, no other hotels, no restaurants, nothing. The food in the hotel restaurants is very, very expensive because you have no other options.
Now the maintenance issues. Refrigerator did not work, had to call maintenance. After that was fixed, the TV had no reception which worked fine before the refrigerator was fixed. Had to call maintenace again so the TV could be fixed. While using the moving sidewalk to get to the casino - it stopped (had to do a lot of walklng.)
I have been to many, many Harrah's properties but this is my least favorite. Will not come again.

Room Tip: If going to the casino try getting a room very close to the elevator. Casino is a very long walk fr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
CHRISTINA K, I apologize for the maintenance issues. These are items we work on continuously to minimize occurrences. It definitely is a shame that these happened to you. If you would like to talk to us, please email horseshoesifacebook@gmail.com. - Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
Knoxvlle, Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Just returned from a first-time stay at HSI (May 2014). Location is a bit out-of-the-way, but not too bad. Valet was rude when I pulled up and acted as though he didn't want to be there. He never welcomed me or offered to help me with my bag, just handed me the ticket and said leave your keys in the car. (My car was the only one in the valet line) Not a good first impression. However, that all changed when I made my way to the lobby and check-in. Derek checked me in and was warm and friendly and so very helpful. He certainly made up for the bad valet experience.
Room was nice with a large flat-screen tv. Bed was very comfortable. Loved the extra-large bath towels. Walk to the casino was very very long through a covered walkway. They have a golf-cart type shuttle that takes you part of the way but stops running at 11:45p. Casino was okay but as is with most casinos nowadays, slots were tight. Casino is 4 decks high and Deck 1 is non-smoking. Had a good variety of slots on all decks. Check-out was quick and easy and my valet experience upon leaving was so much better than my arrival. The valet put my luggage in the trunk, opened the car door for me and thanked me for staying.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the river; odd numbers face the "nature trail" and woods.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
I apologize for the poor service at the valet but we are delighted that the rest of your visit was good. We’re constantly striving to improve and your praise is being passed along to Derek and his supervisor. We hope to see you again! -Richard, Hotel Operations Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at Horseshoe Southern March of 2014 and had an excellent time. Our room was clean, nice flat screen led tv and all of the employees we came in contact with were very friendly. We ate at Legends sports Bar and listened to Twangtown. What a great band!!. We have been here multiple times and never had a bad expierence. We have never left "rich" but thats the way it goes. We still had a great time.. Until next time....

Room Tip: high room facing the back
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
lucky70ts,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our live music is something we take a lot of pride in. We have new acts (and favorites) coming into Legends every Thursday-Saturday and we're glad that you enjoyed Twangtown. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,
Andrew
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!