“Very good stay....very helpful employees” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“Very good stay....very helpful employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We just stayed here earlier this week, on a Tuesday night, and had a very nice stay. Everyone was very kind and helpful. I had overheard a couple of employees talking about "morale." What I believe I heard was that there was recently a change in management---and this seemed to be a good thing, and the employees were happy about it.

All of that being said, from the nice welcome to when we checked out, we had great service. Our room was lovely, large, and very clean. The bathroom shower and tub were quite large and comfortable. The bed was wonderful. We especially liked the shampoo and bath toiletries that were offered.

Breakfast in the cafe was perfect---very friendly lady there helping us. We normally would not eat bacon away from home, but they cooked it exactly as we requested (which never, ever happens) and everything was delicious...very strong coffee, which I imagine you would want if you want to stay up for the casino, as people were doing. We were really impressed with the restaurants that were offered for different meals---you would never be bored, that is for sure. The past line-ups for entertainment are impressive as well, and the actual venue in which they perform.

You have to be prepared to walk quite a bit---from the inside corridors to the casino boat. There is a golf cart which will take you to one place or the other, if you need it. And as other reviewers have mentioned, it is out in the middle of nowhere it seems---which is a GOOD thing. This is a destination hotel--most people are going to gamble---and the location, which sort of looks like it is set out in the middle of the country is just lovely. There is also a walking trail which we thought was great. Spending a few peaceful days here is a good thing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
TWEETYCCC, we are just thrilled that your stay was enjoyable. It's our goal to make the guest happy from the moment they step onto the property until they leave. We're glad your bacon was the way you liked it and also that you got to take advantage of the walking trail. We hope to have you as a guest again soon. -Richard, Manager Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
ATLANTA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel & casino is in the middle of nowhere. There is absolutely nothing for over 8 miles, no other hotels, no restaurants, nothing. The food in the hotel restaurants is very, very expensive because you have no other options.
Now the maintenance issues. Refrigerator did not work, had to call maintenance. After that was fixed, the TV had no reception which worked fine before the refrigerator was fixed. Had to call maintenace again so the TV could be fixed. While using the moving sidewalk to get to the casino - it stopped (had to do a lot of walklng.)
I have been to many, many Harrah's properties but this is my least favorite. Will not come again.

Room Tip: If going to the casino try getting a room very close to the elevator. Casino is a very long walk fr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
CHRISTINA K, I apologize for the maintenance issues. These are items we work on continuously to minimize occurrences. It definitely is a shame that these happened to you. If you would like to talk to us, please email horseshoesifacebook@gmail.com. - Andrew, Guest Relations Manager
Knoxvlle, Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Just returned from a first-time stay at HSI (May 2014). Location is a bit out-of-the-way, but not too bad. Valet was rude when I pulled up and acted as though he didn't want to be there. He never welcomed me or offered to help me with my bag, just handed me the ticket and said leave your keys in the car. (My car was the only one in the valet line) Not a good first impression. However, that all changed when I made my way to the lobby and check-in. Derek checked me in and was warm and friendly and so very helpful. He certainly made up for the bad valet experience.
Room was nice with a large flat-screen tv. Bed was very comfortable. Loved the extra-large bath towels. Walk to the casino was very very long through a covered walkway. They have a golf-cart type shuttle that takes you part of the way but stops running at 11:45p. Casino was okay but as is with most casinos nowadays, slots were tight. Casino is 4 decks high and Deck 1 is non-smoking. Had a good variety of slots on all decks. Check-out was quick and easy and my valet experience upon leaving was so much better than my arrival. The valet put my luggage in the trunk, opened the car door for me and thanked me for staying.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the river; odd numbers face the "nature trail" and woods.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
I apologize for the poor service at the valet but we are delighted that the rest of your visit was good. We’re constantly striving to improve and your praise is being passed along to Derek and his supervisor. We hope to see you again! -Richard, Hotel Operations Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at Horseshoe Southern March of 2014 and had an excellent time. Our room was clean, nice flat screen led tv and all of the employees we came in contact with were very friendly. We ate at Legends sports Bar and listened to Twangtown. What a great band!!. We have been here multiple times and never had a bad expierence. We have never left "rich" but thats the way it goes. We still had a great time.. Until next time....

Room Tip: high room facing the back
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
lucky70ts,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our live music is something we take a lot of pride in. We have new acts (and favorites) coming into Legends every Thursday-Saturday and we're glad that you enjoyed Twangtown. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,
Andrew
Guest Relations Manager
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel and Casino are very nice. Our room was clean, large and comfortable. The access to the Casino was through a nicely decorated corridor leading to retail area with shops and restaurants. We ate dinner at the Spread Buffet and breakfast at Aroma's and both were excellent quality at a reasonable price. The Casino was four floors of excitement with a large variety of games and slots, of course winning helps steer your judgment on that. Overall we would recommend the Horseshoe as it's staff was very friendly and the facilities are well kept.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel.
Green Features: They promote many green practices such as conserving electricity, ac/heat, recycling and towel use.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe-Patti,

We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your experience. We change out the decorations about once a month, so don't stay away too long!

Best,

Andrew
Guest Relations Manager
New Albany, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

So far...Checked in today. I want to give a Shout - Out to the Lovely young lady who served me a Phlly CheeseSteak sandwich...Thank you!! I first walked into my room with the idea that maybe I was making a mistake with taking a free bee with this Casino.. Totally wrong. The Staff is Very Friendly and I observed the hospitality and was very impressed with the cleaning and attentive detail to all the patrons. Being outside the Big "V" I give this place "A" yes that's hard for me to do... Thanks for the experience!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
kojeislandincha, we're thrilled that your experience was so positive. We take strides to do right by our guests and we're so glad you got to see - and experience - that firsthand. We hope to see you again soon!
Hollywood, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip to Louisville, KY. All of the hotels were booked in Louisville so I looked here as a close alternative. You are within 30 minutes drive of Louisville so its not to far out of the way. The hotel is an average hotel. Nothing really fancy to speak of but its was relatively clean and the staff was very nice. They only offer a small convenience type restaurant in the lobby of the hotel so don't expect much there. The nice part of this hotel is that it is connect to the Horseshoe Southern Indiana Casino. They provide many options for entertainment and restaurants but you do have a bit of a walk to get there. The walkway is completely indoors so no worries about weather and they also have a golf cart to take you over if you have mobility problems. If you enjoy a casino type atmosphere, then you will be very satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
“Dear DDB0726, thanks for noting how close we are to Louisville and a good alternative for a place to stay during business trips. We strive to be more than average and would love a second opportunity to prove it to you. Aside from Aroma Café in the hotel, The Corner Café located in the Rotunda area just passed the moving sidewalk offers breakfast options as well.

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!