“Completely satisfied” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hoover, Alabama
“Completely satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Complimentary room was spotless. Enjoyed the nice bed, large flat screen TV, and bath couldn't have been cleaner. The walk to the casino is kind of long but there is a golf cart to shuttle you if you don't feel like walking. This hotel is about 15 minutes West of Louisville and my wife and I decided to stay a night after hearing 65 was closed going North. I've stayed in 1 other Horseshoe in Tunica and was impressed so I thought I'd give it a try here. The staff was fantastic to us. We learned after the first night that the freeway was still closed and stayed another. Ate a couple of times at the deli but was blown away by the service and quality of the steak at Jack Binions. Look forward to another opportunity to visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Jim21w, we're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We come three or four times per year, and overall like this place.
I would like to comment on the hotel this time.
The pillows are so soft, our necks hurts everytime we go, why not try having some firmer ones and a soft one or two?
Also, they have removed any comforter on the beds, so now you basically sleep with two sheets on you, and I like to have at least a blanket, please Horseshoe, put one on the beds!
I already pack a fan to drown out the noise from the hallway and other rooms, I hate to have to bring a blanket and pillow too.
Otherwise, rooms are adequate and ours was very clean, bed itself is comfy.
I would also like to suggest a mirror in the bathroom for ladies, the one they have is attatched to the wall, and you have to bend down to use it while standing.
How about one that she can sit down and do makeup and pull it to the counter and adjust?
Just some suggestions if anyone there is reading.

Room Tip: rooms higher up have nicer views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
zoey111, thank you for taking the time to tell us your thoughts. We strive to make every guest's visit memorable. Your comments have been forwarded on to the Hotel Manager. For future visits, we do have foam and feather pillows. If you are ever unhappy with one, we will gladly get you the other. It also appears that the comforter was missing from your room but all beds are supposed to have them. We look forward to having you back at the property soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Clean property and friendly staff. Pool area is nice. The new "Indulge" buffet was only satisfactory. We ate on a Friday night which featured seafood, which was dry and overcooked. Definitely not worth paying full price for the buffet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for the 2nd time in just over a month. As before, the rooms were perfectly fine. Didn't care to pay the exorbitant fee for wireless internet access, but the rooms themselves were fine. Even took another couple and we had adjoining rooms. Nice to be able to stretch out.

We opted to try their NEW buffet that replaced the Paula Deen one that they canned. Our "honest to God" opinion = pedestrian. For about $24 bucks per head, you will get full, but the offerings are FAR LESS than the Paula Deen one and the quality was, at-best, so-so. Next time we want a buffet, we will stop at a Golden Corral before making the trek over the bridge to the casino boat. They really pumped up the grand opening of this buffet but it turned out to let us all down. So in essence, fill up before you go.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor seem to be busier than the upper levels. We've stayed in both locatio...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The room I stayed in had roaches. It was disgusting. It was about 4 when I had come back to my room from the casino and I noticed a pair of antennae poking out from the headboard. I shined a light on it and the bug scurried away. I quickly called the front desk. They sent up a maintenance guy who briefly checked the room. I went downstairs to check out and the guy at the front desk acted as if it was normal and okay that there was vermin in the room. He wanted to sent something in the mail to come back and stay another night. No way or no how I am coming back. The only thing nice here was the valet guy.

• Stayed January 2014
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Celineeec, we have a pest control company and do inspect rooms vigorously. We apologize for the inconvenience but would like you to give us another chance should you ever be in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Elizabeth hotels

Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many. Beautiful decor and clean clean and clean. Hotel staff so pleasant and helpful but, be ready to walk. They have a casino on the riverboat across the street but everything is so spread out if you are not able to walk far this could be a problem. They have carts to take you around but you have to wait to get one. Wheelchair rental $20 for 4 hours and $35 for 24 hours. Food was good at restaurants and fair priced for a resort setting. Casino was okay, pretty but nothing special. I would go back .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Murray, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip I had in Louisville for three days in early October when i could not find a cheaper option within city limits. The rooms are average with standard amenities. The casino and hotel itself are pretty dated. The cost of internet was really high considering the slow speed of the link. I wouldn't make this a destination trip if i had the urge to gamble, but as an alternate option just outside the city its not horrible.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!