“Not as nice as in the past for me” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Save Saved
You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Marco Island, Florida
“Not as nice as in the past for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Have stayed here in the past and was always very nice but it seems to be back sliding. We stayed on the No Smoking Floor and the entire floor smelled like the smoking floor of the casino as did the room. When we got to the room the air was off and the room was very warm, this side of hot. Bathroom could have used housekeeping. Hard to miss all the black hair in the tub and on the floor. Wife says last time for us as she hated the smell of the smoke to say nothing of the hairy bathroom. Called the desk and got disconnected three times and then when I did get through and had a question about billing they gave me an 866 number. Lacking service for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stopped off in Elizabeth, IN on our way home from Chicago. What a wonderful room, hospitality and the staff was downright kind. We loved our room. It was grand! No, we're not high rollers but we had a hoot in the casino. We'll go back and definitely recommend it to our friends. Oh and while there, stop by Binions for dinner. Although we did not eat there this time, in the past it has been great! Happy Travels!

Room Tip: We stayed on the seventh floor and the a/c seemed quieter. We asked for a king, non-smoking and the...
Scottsville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Ok so we are not high rollers by no means and we gamble when we have saved enough to go. We love Horseshoe In. And always receive free rooms,,which helps if you have to drive very far. We appreciate that,,,,,but we just returned from our last visit to see Ron White and it was awsome! We then went to gamble and stayed gambling till breakfast time (from 11till around 9:30 ) After eating we decidded to gamble some more,,I went to 2nd floor to a machine I love to play but the chair was pushed up and a card was in it,,so I waited 10-15min no one showed up so I asked the attendant what was up,,she said give more time so same amount of time and finally guy shows up saying he is trying to get more money?? And would the attendant (lock) out the slot cause it looked like that lady (me) wanted to play it,,duh,,well she did and he came back later and said well I guess I have to give it to you cause I can't get anymore money,,,,,so HE unlocks the machine and all the while I am playing he is coming up and telling me what i will win and standing there comenting the whole time,,I got up and left,,,I called two days later to ask if this was policy and was told HIGH ROLLERS can have this done,, he said attendant could tell by the card,, i said high roller had no money but I did,,he said thats just how it is,,,,just my point being if all us that gamble when we can afford to but are treated so, ,its the little poeple that make up the most gamers so, ,ok so my feeling were hurt and my money wasn't as good as the money he couldn't even get,,,that sucks. All the good times we have had make this very hurtful experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The rooms are always nice in appearance and clean. But that is where the good stops.

We had two free nights, so with that, I am usually less likely to complain. However, this stay was so bad, we left a day early!

The past few times we have stayed here, the rooms are so hot that I cannot sleep. This time, we had the thermostat set to the lowest temperature (which was 60), and it was still so hot that laid my head at the foot of the bed because it was the only place on the bed I could feel even the slightest cool air blowing from the vent. The bathrooms have no A/C vent, so even turning the lights on makes the room miserable hot, so we left the lights off as much as we possibly could.

Room Tip: If you are cold-natured, you'll love these rooms! If not, you may want to check out the room te...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Elizabeth hotels

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel! First of all, I joined the Total Rewards Program online, and I was able to book the hotel for $20 less than any 3rd party website was offering it for. Make sure you park on the 3rd level of the hotel parking garage, that is the level of the hotel lobby. The rooms were very nice, spacious, and clean. The TV was also a lot bigger than I have seen in other hotels. We had a minor issue with the air conditioning not being cold, and maintenance was up in the room within 5 minutes of us calling the front desk. We had no issues with noise from other rooms, as other reviewers have mentioned. My friend and I went to pick up our Total Rewards cards at the membership desk, and the attendant gave us each a coupon for a free night at the hotel Mon-Thurs! We will definitely be back. We ate at Legends, the food was good and prices decent. Drinks were slightly cheaper in the casino bar though. Some people in their reviews were complaining about the distance from the hotel to the casino... we didn't mind it. There is a shuttle you can take or there are moving walkways to expedite the walk. There are also shops and restaurants on the way to the casino. Overall, we had a lot of fun and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a "nature view" as opposed to concrete, but according to the front desk co...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Certainly not our first visit to Horseshoe Southern Indiana and have yet to be disappointed by the accommodations. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious and furninishings neat and unworn . Beds are firm, but not so much that I would complain for a short stay. In room amenities are also more than adequate. Ok, now let's get to the walk to casino. Despite the moving sidewalks, it is very far away to restaurants, casino, etc. Biggest downfall is that state law doesn't permit free or comped drinks which is unusual for most casinos. With tips it will run about $10 for 2 beers. Not exorbitant but adds up. Make sure you have a Total Rewards card and other things may be complimentary to compensate. Friendly accommodating staff overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the duck pond, trees, and walking trail. It is peaceful to open up the cu...
Green Features: Was only there one night but encouraged "green" practices that did not impose on our stay while engaging in responsible use of the facility.
LaPorte, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have been to this casino several times. Hotel is comfortable. Rooms are clean. Bathrooms nice size. Pool area is nice and clean open late for adults. We stay here on our way to Ky. Totally dissappointed this time with the buffet. Closed....Paula Deen buffet was the best good home cookin. We went to Oyster it was OK nothing special. Steak house was under construction
Why! both at the same time...Went into casino I have never seen so many old old machines. Other casinos have more modern animated slots. They did have a few but of course on Sat night I could not get on any.The non smoking area had tons of space no slots. Geeezzzz

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!