I've stayed at this property since they transitioned from Caesar's to Horseshoe. Staff is always courteous no matter what level player's card holder - and I've been both extremes.
Beds are probably among the top two in any hotel I've stayed. That goes for all the higher end Harrah's properties. Plenty of pillows. Roomy bathroom with separate toilet area making it a bit easier to share the bathroom space when you're traveling with a companion. Have to note that the room I stayed in was the cleanest room I've EVER stayed in! Everything sparkled. Shower is hot and forceful. Modern furnishings, flat screen TV, fridge, coffee maker.
The hotel to casino is a LONG walk. Golf cart shuttles help get you to the shopping/dining area but do not run 24x7. That quarter mile or so walk in high heels can be brutal. Yes, there is a conveyor walkway for a portion of the walk but you first have to get to it.
Since my rooms have always been comp'd, I really can't complain about anything though there are a few things that were irksome.
* Two bath gels and no shampoo/conditioner. The bottles look alike so it's a easy mistake but nothing you can do once you've got your clothes off and the shower running. Fortunate that I had a bottle in my case.
* Dry cleaner bag missing. Comes in handy when I forget to bring something to separate my smokey clothes from the clean clothes in my luggage.
* CHILDREN! - AIEEE I don't go to a casino resort expecting grade schoolers to be running in the halls. At Disney, yes, at a casino, no. Front desk said kids are only disallowed on the smoking floors. So you have to pick which thing annoys you more; screaming/giggly 8 yr olds or cigarette smoke. On the plus side, security did come promptly to the floor and informed their granny that they had to refrain from running in the halls.
* WiFi is roughly $15 for 24 hours unless you're a 7-Star. I work while on the road and have an internet hot spot, but it's impossible to get a signal so I'm left with paying or using the lone computer in the shared lobby area. VERY slow - but you get what you paid for. Just seems silly that most every fast food restaurant has free WiFi but Harrah's continues to ding you.
* Use caution driving in the hotel parking deck as the "dip" in the ramp always bottoms out my car. Parking garage is a bit dark.
* You go to the Horseshoe to make THAT your destination. It's in the middle of nothing!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Horseshoe Southern Indiana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horseshoe Southern Indiana Hotel Elizabeth
- Horseshoe Southern Indiana Elizabeth
- Caesars Indiana Hotel
- Caesars Indiana Casino
- Caesars In Casino
- Elizabeth Indiana