“Rude Employees” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Rude Employees”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was rudely approached by their employees and they said I was drinking too much and seen me stumble when I had only had 3 cranberry and vodkas. They were just horrible people and they refused to provide reason as to why they were approaching me like they were and they refused to give me their names. I was not in the least bit drunk and I was and am very offended. Not only that there were tons of bachelorette parties going on there that were very loud and obnoxious but yet no one said anything to them!
I will not go back! So if youre wanting to go have fun with your friends and let loose dont choose the horseshoe!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here traveling from Texas to Indiana. Didn't have enough comps for a room, so the price was a little steep for the room I thought. We couldn't believe the walk from the hotel to the casino; however, they do have a shuttle to take you half way. That certainly helps and it runs every 3 or 4 min. so you don't really have to wait. The casino is very broken up over 4 decks, but there are escalators to take you to each floor, or an elevator if you prefer. You are captive here since it is all alone in the area, so you have to eat here & the restaurants are a little pricey, but they do have a "snack area" on one of the floors of the casino & the food is pretty good & OK for a meal. Of course, like all other Indiana casinos I think, you have to pay for alcoholic drinks in the casino &as we usually go to Louisiana or Nevada or Mississippi & get drinks for just a tip in those casinos, I get a little annoyed having to pay for a drink. We will not return to this hotel.

Grand Rapids, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stay one night on our way through Indiana. The hotel was nice and we had a comped room, so the price was right. The rooms are very nice and comfy, but I have to say there were several disappointments.
I had read several reviews where people complained about the long walk to the casino. We were able to catch a ride with a man who had a golf cart to shuttle us back and forth. That was really nice and be sure to tip him for this service. We found the restaurants to be generous in portions, but a little expensive. Realizing they have a captive audience once you are there, they should rethink this strategy. The casino was a big disappointment with the size being small because it is chopped up on four decks, and the variety of machines. Poor selection, unless you play just slots. We prefer video poker and the selection is very limited.
We did appreciate the no smoking deck.
We probably would not stay again, but look for alternative destinations in the future.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I have stopped at the Horseshoe several times in the past to hit the casino, but hadn't stayed until this visit. And we were not disappointed.

We were given a King room, overlooking the nature preserve behind the hotel, and we loved the location. No rooftops, just lush greenery. It was a Sunday night, and the room was very quiet, and we heard absolutely nothing once the door was closed. Very peaceful.

The room itself was very comfortble, along the lines of other Caesars properties we've visited in the past. I loved the 46" flat screen, as I wanted to watch the Women's NCAA finals. The mattress was quite cushy, and both of us slept very well.

The "water closet" being separated from the bathroom by a door was a little claustrophobic, but I could deal with it.

As with almost every Caesar property we've visited, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and it always makes a big difference in the overall experience to us.

The walk to the casino from the hotel almost makes you feel as if you're in Vegas...... a long, long way! Thank goodness for the moving walkways, or we would've flagged down the gentleman with the golf cart for a ride to and from.

We are both slot players, and my wife likes the selection of games. They only have one of my favorite machines, and I had to wait a bit for it, but the other players in the area helped to make the wait fly, good conversation all around. My wife did pretty well, but me, not so much. However, we don't go to win, we just hope our budget will last awhile, and it did. The drink service, though not "free" for alcohol, was quick and friendly. Gotta love being able to order from the slot machine.

We've eaten before at the Paula Dean Buffet, but we skipped it this time in favor of a couple burgers to take back to the room and eat while watching the basketball game. The grill, JB's, is fairly inexpensive, and the food is tasty.

As we pulled away, we both commented that it was surprising we'd never stayed the night before, but would definitely make it a point to on subsequent visits.

(It's only fair to mention that our room was complimentary, but even for the regular rate of $116, it would've been worth it.)

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on the backside of the hotel, facing the nature preserve. It looks as if you wante...
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was very nice. The rooms were large and clean and well kept. Very happy with the hotel room, not so happy with the hotel policy. Ridiculous,,, they want to charge you an extra $11 to check in before 4 pm. Instead of just letting us check in when we got there, about 2pm, (and the room was ready, because they said they could check us in, for the extra $11),they want to charge to have your luggage sit in a room for an extra 2 hours. Sorry...not happening. They would have made more money than $11 off of us, if we had spent that extra time in their casino, instead of us taking our luggage back to the car...going to the casino for about an hour, going retrieving the luggage again, and waiting to check in, with all the others who obviously refused the bizare $11 early check in fee too. This probably cut more than an hour out of our casino time, which is a very TIGHT casino in regards to their slot machines. BTW...we were all decided this is NOT the casino for us, in regards to slot payment. On the way home, we stopped at Kentucky Downs, and made back some of the money lost in Indiana, which was quite a bit. If you only play slots, I recommend some place like Kentucky Downs, as opposed to the "Harrah's" empire, if you don't want to leave feeling like all you did was feed the machines.
Sorry, the property was nice, clean, and the employees were friendly...but not my choice for a good Casino experience. I have actually heard this from others I knew who visited there before. And yes...it's quite a hike (about 10 minutes from the hotel to the Casino).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Horseshoe to attend a concert held there. The king room was a basic hotel room with a very small fridge but no safe. The bathroom was nice and clean. The walk to the casino was not that far and a non-issue for us. We ate at the Paula Deen Buffet and it was okay. The prime rib was awful and some of the food was kind of generic tasting. They did charge us an extra $11 for checking in earlier than 4:00 which I thought was kind of tacky. In all we had a nice time but would not want to stay any longer than one night.

LAKEWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having stayed at many other Caesars' properties, I have to say this one was average to below average. I am accustomed to Caesars having very comfortable bedding. This was very mediocre. And you are only given one very thin blanket (more like a duvet). This meant I had to turn up the heat and wake up hopelessy dry every morning (but don't drink that $4 water!). I will say the water pressure was excellent. And when we discovered we had a fridge, we picked up some soft drinks the next day and had our own. It is a hike to the casino, but there are moving walkways and nice men in golf carts (inside) to give you a ride. I will say, all the staff here were the most friendly I have ever met. They must have a 10 foot rule and they actually follow it. I never passed a staff member who didn't greet me. And a $2 tip to the valet at check in prompted a response like I'd given him a sack of gold. Not sure about the previous review about rude valet...we were offered help with our luggage and told to take our time getting our stuff. And this was on a Friday afternoon, so it wasn't exactly dead. If I was going to be in the area again, I'd stay here. But I don't think I would make a special trip here again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook the river
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!