“Okay for one night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Save Saved
You added Horseshoe Southern Indiana to your Saves list
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11999 Casino Center Drive SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117 (Formerly Caesars Indiana Casino Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bloomington, Indiana
“Okay for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Horseshoe to attend a concert held there. The king room was a basic hotel room with a very small fridge but no safe. The bathroom was nice and clean. The walk to the casino was not that far and a non-issue for us. We ate at the Paula Deen Buffet and it was okay. The prime rib was awful and some of the food was kind of generic tasting. They did charge us an extra $11 for checking in earlier than 4:00 which I thought was kind of tacky. In all we had a nice time but would not want to stay any longer than one night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
LAKEWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having stayed at many other Caesars' properties, I have to say this one was average to below average. I am accustomed to Caesars having very comfortable bedding. This was very mediocre. And you are only given one very thin blanket (more like a duvet). This meant I had to turn up the heat and wake up hopelessy dry every morning (but don't drink that $4 water!). I will say the water pressure was excellent. And when we discovered we had a fridge, we picked up some soft drinks the next day and had our own. It is a hike to the casino, but there are moving walkways and nice men in golf carts (inside) to give you a ride. I will say, all the staff here were the most friendly I have ever met. They must have a 10 foot rule and they actually follow it. I never passed a staff member who didn't greet me. And a $2 tip to the valet at check in prompted a response like I'd given him a sack of gold. Not sure about the previous review about rude valet...we were offered help with our luggage and told to take our time getting our stuff. And this was on a Friday afternoon, so it wasn't exactly dead. If I was going to be in the area again, I'd stay here. But I don't think I would make a special trip here again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook the river
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Huber Heights, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

First dont book through Hotels.com/Expedia - I booked a room with King size bed - when we arrived on Thursday - was told by Horseshoe that the reservations were not guaranteed for a "certain" room and I had to take a room with two queen size beds. The rooms were clean, refriderator didnt work - but there were two big Dasani water bottles out that we could have enjoyed "warm" at a cost of $4.00. The walk to the resteraunts showed a very "expensive" steak resteraunt, Paula Deen Buffet or the "sports bar Legends" - that night we could not get past the choking odor of "smokers" coming from Legends and the Casino - we opted for Paula Deen - very expensive roughtly 65.00 for two buffets and two bud lights - food was not good - very bland. Tried Legends the next night - better - (once we got past the smokers. Prices still too much. Horseshoe would not offer any type of compensation for the room and neither would Expedia. I will never book at this hotel again and never again through Expedia/Hotel.com.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Elizabeth hotels

Thurmont, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

While visiting family for a few days in Elizabethtown, KY, I had the opportunity to stay @ the "Boat" compliments of the Total Rewards program. If your visiting in the Louisville area, and want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, the "Boat" to me is an excellent choice. The room was very large in size and very clean. The bedding was very comfortable, and the bathroom area was clean and huge, with plenty of hot water and water pressure. The only issue with the room was the lack of a closet. The hotel is a good distance from the casino, but that makes for a quite stay. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and if your looking to gamble they provide a shuttle over to the casino area, where you'll also find some very fine dining and entertainment. Self parking in the parking garage @ the hotel is free and valet parking is available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
spartanburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Valet was a joke. Arrived yesterday, the valet jumps in the car. I said hold up, I need my luggage and other stuff. I asked for a luggage cart, he said there aren't any. I asked for a bell hop, he said go up a floor and check in you can get one. I'm chasing luggage that was rolling around the parking lot due to high winds. Got the luggage under control as he is ready to take off. I said wait I need stuff still. He said "in case you haven't noticed we are having 40 mile an hour winds, I'm just sitting here staying warm". There is a water ban, the hotel gives you 2 bottles of water as a courtesy. Tried to get coffee at Aroma this am. No coffee due to ban, I asked if there were other options, she pointed to a cooler. These are just 2 of the rude employees I have ran into but it does seem to be a standard in this hotel. The rooms are clean but in need of some maintenance.

• Stayed March 2013
Boone, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The rooms are very nice - very large - but they are a far walk to the casino. Then both times I have been there in the last year, the moving sidewalks weren't working.... I don't mind walking, but at least make sure the moving sidewalks work. Like most Harrah's/Cesar's properties...be prepared to get nothing but the room & bed for your stay. Water is more....Internet is more, etc..... And can't say you should be prepared to win anything....not a great casino experience, either. Then I had to leave at 7:00 AM, and had to beat on the door for the valet to come out and take care of getting my car for me.

Room Tip: Get a non-connecting room. And ask for an even-numbered room in summer - the sun shines in the after...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brandenburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My hubby and I earned a 'free' hotel stay which included one free buffet plus money to play on the boat with. Our only complaints would be first, that the closer we got to the boat, the more we could smell the cigarette smoke. Neither of us smoke and we both felt like we had licked an ashtray by the time we left. Second, the cost of drinks in the vending machine were $2.75 and $4 for a bottle of water in the room! We will be prepared and bring our own next time! Finally, internet is $11 - most places are free. Otherwise, the room was spacious, very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The view out the window was blah, but it is March and there's not much to look at unless you are facing the river (didn't know we could request this - will know better for next visit!). The Paula Deen buffet was great, would like to go back for breakfast sometime. I've seen a lot of complaints about the long walk from the hotel to the casino, but we looked at it as a bonus: no need to visit the exercise room after we ate so much - we just walked it off! :) We look forward to going back again for another mini get-away! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!