“Real BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Sandwiches
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Located East Side of US 31 - 2 Miles North of I65 - 1 mile South of Hospital Rd.
Waterford, Wisconsin
“Real BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Unfortunately we found this local treasure to late in our stay to try thier ribs or rib tips. They serve these on I belive Thursday and Friday only. I did have the brisket sandwich with the potato salad. Some of the best brisket I've ever had and the potato salad tasted just like my moms (I'de bet it was made that morning). Generous portions friendly service, great food. Don't expect fancy decor, just a clean place with great bbq.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nineveh, Indiana, United States
“Perfect Ribs & Awesome Other Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Absolutely the best fall off the bones ribs I have ever had! As a big eater I require a whole rack at other restaurants @ Hickory Hills I can barely get through a half rack, so much meat you better go hungry! They also offer daily specials that are out of this world! Pulled pork, chicken & beef brisket are available by the pound and perfect for parties! Make the trip, you'll be glad you did!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, IN
“A good place for a quick meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stopped in for a quick meal since this place reopened after the annual winter break from business. The food was as good as ever. Had the beef brisket sandwich with baked beans and slaw. We arrived as they opened at 11am and were first there but by 11:30 the lines had formed. The place was missed by more than just us!! Beef was very flavorable and generously piled on the bun..... and the slaw is excellent. Baked beans were good but not great. In the past we have stopped in and picked up the brisket in bulk for take home. We will certainly be back as the summer progresses to try their other offerings.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kendallville, Indiana
“Stay away from this BBQ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

After reading all the great reviews this got on here I decided the next time I was in the area I had to try it because good BBQ is the best food there is. I went here on a Friday at about 3:00p.m. and was greeted with a what do you want from the personalityless people there. I had read that in other reviews but I have a good humor and can usually crack these kind of people. Alas I was unsuccessful with them. No big deal as long as the food is good I don't mind. I wanted to try the rib tips but they were out of those so I went for a half rack of ribs and a pulled pork sandwich. I think they had them steaming all day because it wasn't a minute later and I had my plate of food. I tried the pork first and it was so dry I think I could have put it in my tea and it would have sucked it all up and still been dry so I piled on the spicy sauce (which was the 1 highlight of the place) and sat it aside to try the ribs. I can actually say I've had better ribs in a HungryMan meal then I got there. They tasted like they were really old and had no smoke flavor to them at all so I went back to the pork and with the sauce piled on I was able to eat it. They were closing down for the year in a couple of days from when I was there so maybe they were trying to use up all their old stuff and I got a bad batch but I can assure you I won't be back to try them again and if I were you I wouldn't bother stopping there either.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
BBQPItBoss, Owner at Hickory Hills Barbecue, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
As owner of Hickory Hills BBQ I am deeply bothered by the review on December 30th. I expect my employes to great guest in a curtious maner and be respectful of their needs. I watched all security videos of that afternoon and did not see or hear any conversations of that nature. I can't help but think the writer of the reveiw had some other reason to belittle our reasturant. If we were in the wrong I apologize, if not its a shame someone can have an effect on a business just because they own a PC.
Edinburgh, Indiana
“Very good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Nice quiet unassuming little restaurant. Wonderful pulled pork sandwich. Great menu selection. Closed from December 22 until March.

Visited December 2012