“Nice family place” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Michigan City, Indiana
“Nice family place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We ate there for lunch one day. Kind of noisy, but good food and reasonable prices. Cute décor. Great rolls and cinnamon butter.

Visited August 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great steaks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was my first visit to Montana Mike's but won't be my last. I really liked the interior of the restaurant, kind of reminds me of a hunters cabin with the wall trophy's.

I had the 11 oz. Sirloin steak that was both cooked and seasoned perfectly. It was one of the best Sirloin steaks I've had in any Steak restaurant. We also had the Filet Mignon which was "butter soft" and also cooked perfectly and seasoned well.

The service was very good, (Jessica), as she checked on us often to make sure our drinks were full and our dinners to our liking.

The salad was cold and crisp and my salad dressing was excellent, (raspberry vinegrette), that certainly tasted like it was home made. About the only thing that wasn't quite the way we liked it was the mushrooms - a bit too salty, not inedible but just a bit more salty than we like it.

Overall, Montana Mike's Steakhouse hit the mark. Very good!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
indiana
“Good service, average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Sunday afternoon, me, my husband and 4 yr old daughter. We were seated quickly and our server was very prompt about getting our drink order.
My husband and I both decided on the steak and shrimp combo. My daughter got the steak bites kids meal with mac & cheese.
The bread that comes with the meal is very good. The kids meal was really good, steak cooked good and the meat was very tender. Mac & cheese tasted like Stouffers but was good enough for a kids meal.
Our steaks weren't as good. They were both cooked ok, but the meat was very tough. The shrimp was ok, cooked good, but pretty small. Side dishes were all ok.
Overall, the service was very good, very prompt with food and drink refills, they just need better quality meats to work with.
I think next time we are in town, I may still try here, but try a burger instead, they looked good .

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, North Carolina
“Decent meal and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We were here for an early dinner, had a good meal and were out in an hour. The prime rib was tasty (although a little small for a regular cut), the baked potato was good, the campfire shrimp appetizer was really tasty and bread was sinful. Can't talk to the dessert but the service was efficient and friendly. Price was average - $65 for 3. Overall a good experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Good choice near hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We ate here during our overnight at the Holiday Inn down the road. Overall, the food was good. The potato wedges appetizer was very good. Steaks were tasty and prepared as ordered although mine was a bit over salted. My son's sweet potato fries were also too salty. However, our server (Linda, I believe) was very attentive to our needs and had a fresh batch of fries made up for our son when asked. My mother can't finish large portions usually served at restaurants, so she was able to split a meal with my wife. We were pleased that our server brought each of them a salad instead of one salad and two plates.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dave M, Public Relations Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business!