“Absolutely Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Wyandotte, Michigan
“Absolutely Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Beautifully decorated, comfortable, and with a view of Lake Michigan. Within 25 miles of downtown Chicago. Good choices of eateries.

Visited July 2013

Gahanna, OH
32 attraction reviews
“Worst casino ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This part of the review is for the casino only, not the hotel. This is by far THE WORST casino I've ever been to. The casino is in the shape of a very long thin boat, which made for a major claustrophobic experience. It is dark, dank, dirty, outdated, smoky and depressing. There is a very small non-smoking section on the 4th floor, but it is so small, and it still stunk like musty recirculated air. Staff at the casino were rude and unhelpful. Clientele is nothing like the young, hip, well dressed people depicted on their advertisements. I came here intending to stay for 2 nights and have fun in the casino and to eat good food. After a quick spin around the casino, I decided to cancel the second night of my reservations and go home. What a waste.

I've been to the Ameristar in Colorado, which was wonderful. My expectations were set high based on that experience and this didn't compare at all.

The hotel however, was great, although grossly overpriced. Staff were friendly and the room was huge, modern and clean. No reason to stay in the hotel though, as there's nothing in the area, and the casino wasn't worth it.

Visited July 2013
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino East Chicago, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I’m so sorry to hear this. Although each of our casinos offers a unique experience, we do our best to deliver the quality, Ameristar guest service and product at each location. We appreciate your feedback and I will pass it along to our casino team members. We thank you for visiting and do hope you reconsider and continue to be our guest.
Matteson
“Ameristar Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I liked everything. The service from the desk staff and security people. The room was clean, comfortabl, and beautifuly decorated.

Visited August 2012
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino East Chicago, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I’m glad you had a comfortable stay with us. Thanks for sharing your review and we hope you can visit again.
Chicago
“Had a Wonderful time !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Eat,drink,played at the casino,had a wonderful time! It was just like being in Las Vegas ! the Hotel is beautiful and the service was great ! Looking forward to going again !

Visited July 2012
Dolton
“A GREAT PLACE TO BE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Everything was simply fantastic! The hotel/buffett/casino floor, are always great. The atmosphere of the casino floor is relaxing and fun! My kids even enjoy themselves when I take them to eat at the buffett.

Visited August 2012