“Should have known better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 North Lafayette Road, Intersection I-74 & US 231, Crawfordsville, IN 47933   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Akron, Ohio
“Should have known better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I meant to stay across the street at the Comfort Inn, but booked here accidentally. Opened the door to the room and it was really hot in there (too hot for comfort). I turned the wall mount t'stat off and went outside for a while. I came back 5 minutes later the the heater was still on. The wall mount stat is there for looks. There is a stat in the heater itself that regulates the heat, but it didn't work well either. Too hot or cold all night. Lots of dirt around the room. Shower head was stuck on pulse. The icing on the cake was when I got up in the morning, I had five welts on my back and hand where something had me for dinner that night. I was so hot I could spit nails. Thankfully I had Benedryl in my bag to stop the itching. The owner cut my bill in half, and they closed down my room and the rooms on each side of mine in their defense, but that was little solace. I definitely won't be back to that place.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not complimentary and all rooms are exterior rooms. Bring ear plugs for the noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel should be dropped from the Quality Inn group, this hotel is at least 40 years old and looks like it has not been updated since it was built. Noisy pipes, damp carpets, exterior entries, and completely nasty rooms. Found old socks, hair pins, and hair in bathroom. DO NOT STAY HERE, COMPLETELY DISGUSTING!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Crawfordsville hotels

Harbor Bluffs, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I rate this hotel 4 stars. Why? For the price, it is a terrific value. Certainly it is dated as it is the oldest flag appropiate hotel in Crawfordsville and its outlook for success is imperiled by the construction of several new hotels in the immediate area. In need of some basic TLC it still has great beds, clean, and has a restaurant. I will keep coming back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
NM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I don’t recommend this Quality Inn. My husband and I stayed there only one night and we were disappointed. A couple of small things: The motel did not appear to be full, but our reserved room was in the back of the building, which was a little creepy, as we arrived late at night. And the door to the room had wide gaps that allowed light in from the parking lot. The room itself was a little shopworn but clean and functional. Our main complaint is that no continental breakfast was provided as was promised in the literature. This is important to us and particularly on this trip because we did not have a car and were not within walking distance of a place where we might have purchased something small but nutritious (i.e., not from a gas station convenience store). The motel had a full-service restaurant, but we were not interested in a sit-down meal. We looked longingly at the Holiday Inn Express next door, wishing that we had spent a few extra bucks for a room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in this hotel for a wedding. The reception was actually held in the hotel's banquet room. Upon arriving, I noticed my room door did not seal well at ALL. I called the front desk and was quickly moved to a "junior suite" room that was nice. The place is pretty run down, though. Spider webs on the lamps and heating unit as well as loose wallpaper and water stains.

The hotel restaurant breakfast was not good at all. Even with the $3 off coupon, we should've spent our money elsewhere. Did not eat lunch or dinner there. Was not impressed by the on site bar with music. Luckily my room was far enough away I never heard any noise (and the pool was closed for the season).

All in all, the customer service was excellent, but the hotel itself is in dire need of some sprucing up inside and out.

Room Tip: Get a room facing outward on the far side of the hotel, not inward towards the pool or close to the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
mram1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate your positive comments on our customer service.

I do want to apologize for the issues you faced. We are in the process of sprucing up the rooms. As for the dining room, we are unfortunately in a transition period to new kitchen staff but we will make sure the situation is rectified.

Please give us another opportunity to do better next time - we would love to make it just right for you.

thanks
la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We were checked in quickly by a pleasant woman. We found our room quickly and it was clean and inviting. Plenty of lighting and it was spacious. The grounds were nice. We went immediately to the restaurant. We had nice sandwiches and fries. The iced tea was fresh. The people were pleasant and seemed concerned for our comfort. We could not get a non-smoking room but the room we were in did not smell like smoke.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
mram1000, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Thank you so much for appreciating us and taking the time to write such a great review. We really believe in our property as it has a lot of history in Crawfordsville and has real soul and heart.

We try harder here at the Quality Inn.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Started out at the Motel6, but the room was musty and our dog was freaking out! So we moved to the Quality Inn, and were very happy we did. Staff was very friendly and accomodating, and gave us a great rate. The free breakfast was good, and the facilities were clean. A great hotel, especially being in the middle of nowhere, Indiana!! Kudos.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!