“Clean but shabby” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Crawfordsville

You added Motel 6 Crawfordsville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Crawfordsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 Corey Boulevard/I-74, Ex 34, Crawfordsville, IN 47933   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Maple Park, Illinois
“Clean but shabby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I selected this motel for the price. I was only 4 hours from home, but it was already 8 p.m. and I was pretty tired.
I have never stayed in a Motel 6 before, and don't know if this place is "par for the course." All rooms had only exterior entrances, and I had to swipe my key several times before the door unlocked (each time I entered.....I had to make 2 trips with luggage, and then drove into town for dinner....each time, I had to swipe the key several times.) My room had been used hard over the years. The carpet was worn, torn in spots, and coming away from the walls. The TV remote was grimy. There was soap, but no shampoo. The sheets, sink, shower, toilet seat, and bedside table were all clean, which was what I would have expected for the price. One could probably compare this motel to a 1960's Holiday Inn that was top-notch in its day, but has had very little maintenance done over the years.
This motel is just off the interstate, which is convenient for travelers, but the closest business is a building with a big sign that says, "Girls, Girls, Girls." I stayed on a Saturday night, and I did notice a young man and young woman walking across the parking lot towards the Motel 6. Once I'd eaten dinner, I entered my room, locked it, and stayed there. But the property was very quiet all night. I did set the air conditioner to run (and make white noise) all night.
The evening receptionist was friendly. The morning receptionist was semi-friendly.
This motel was adequate for a full night's sleep and a shower. I would not walk on the carpet in bare feet, nor sit on the chair unless I were wearing long pants.

Room Tip: Good room? Stay somewhere else. 8 hours' sleep? This place is adequate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Danville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Crawfordsville is a halfway point to spend the weekend visiting Shades State Park. Maybe in years' past (when it was a Days Inn and not a Motel 6?), it was a nice place.. not sure what happened between the favorable reviews I read here from August to September, but we must've not been staying in the same hotel. And the pictures of the clean room, complimentary shampoo/conditioner and hair dryer? Where'd those come from? I wouldn't take pictures because I would be embarrassed for anyone to see where I stayed!

The location was great (right off two main highways), and the rate was very good - $50 for a king-size bed (no smoking - although the front desk clerk says "I can't guarantee there haven't been people smoking in there"). Well, there was definitely a reason.

When we first walked in we nearly passed out from the stench. It was horrible! The awful thing was that the windows wouldn't open (and the curtains were filthy) so all we could do was turn up our air and leave the door open for as long as possible - until the fly invasion. Our room was right off the parking lot so there wasn't much privacy in doing that anyway.

Getting past the stench, which would rank right up there with a decaying body, when we went to use the bathroom the toilet wouldn't flush. Hmm... Ok, we figured it out. Something that someone paying for a hotel/motel should never have to deal with. After the obvious problems we peeled off the bed spreads and blankets which we mostly always do because they are rarely ever washed, and they were just plain nasty. I got some blankets out of my car, and we went to sleep.

Everything about this place was gross. The remote felt like it had been soaked in grease prior to our arrival. The toilet was cleaner than the shower stall. The tiles were falling off the wall in the bathroom. The faucet basin was nasty. The freezer in the micro fridge was frozen over and appeared to have been for quite some time. Don't expect any complimentary shampoo or conditioner bottles and no hair dryer. We had to go buy our own tissues, shampoo and Oust spray to get the stench out and for a basic sanitization of the place. So much for saving on the cost of the room, huh?

Piece de resistance???? THE MAID SERVICE CALLED US IN THE MORNING TO ASK IF WE NEEDED ANYTHING!!! SERIOUSLY FOLKS!?!? DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Plenty of properties that HAVE to be better in this area. Ugh. One of the worst hotel/motel stays of my life. I'll never "bargain shop" for a hotel/motel room again!

Room Tip: Go to another motel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn Park, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I chose to stay at the Motel 6 because they had their rate posted on the sign visible from the freeway, and I wanted just a basic motel for the night. The receptionist was very nice and friendly. If a person isn't looking for anything more than a place to sleep, take a bath/shower, and watch tv, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Burlington, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stopped here just for the overnight as we were driving to the Smoky Mountains. This was an inexpensive motel very close to the interstate we were on and had a McDonald's that we used before heading on the road again the next morening. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious for a Motel 6. The bathroom had something that looked like gray clay on the door knob but otherwise this was good for a stop while on the road to someplace better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Night time attendant was kind and friendly. Had my dog with me, no problem, as Motel 6 is a pet friendly chain. Good place to stop and rest - clean room, great price, safe location.

Room Tip: Smile and be polite, as we all should. :)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I've stayed in some pretty bad hotels. This one wasn't bad, for the price, $45 including tax. The staff at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were desently sized and the beds were not too bad to sleep on. The only draw back to this hotel is that the room is old. The dresser was falling apart and there were large cracks in the vanity by the sink. Also, it could be a little cleaner!!! At least the AC and heat work well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

thier full size beds look more like twin beds, windows dont open, bathtub had hair all over the bottom of it, and black spots! needless to say we did not stay there. oh they offered internet but u could never get on it

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Crawfordsville? Share your experiences!