“Don't leave the light on Motel 6 - the place looked better in the dark!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Crawfordsville

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Crawfordsville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Crawfordsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 Corey Boulevard/I-74, Ex 34, Crawfordsville, IN 47933   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Danville, Illinois
“Don't leave the light on Motel 6 - the place looked better in the dark!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Crawfordsville is a halfway point to spend the weekend visiting Shades State Park. Maybe in years' past (when it was a Days Inn and not a Motel 6?), it was a nice place.. not sure what happened between the favorable reviews I read here from August to September, but we must've not been staying in the same hotel. And the pictures of the clean room, complimentary shampoo/conditioner and hair dryer? Where'd those come from? I wouldn't take pictures because I would be embarrassed for anyone to see where I stayed!

The location was great (right off two main highways), and the rate was very good - $50 for a king-size bed (no smoking - although the front desk clerk says "I can't guarantee there haven't been people smoking in there"). Well, there was definitely a reason.

When we first walked in we nearly passed out from the stench. It was horrible! The awful thing was that the windows wouldn't open (and the curtains were filthy) so all we could do was turn up our air and leave the door open for as long as possible - until the fly invasion. Our room was right off the parking lot so there wasn't much privacy in doing that anyway.

Getting past the stench, which would rank right up there with a decaying body, when we went to use the bathroom the toilet wouldn't flush. Hmm... Ok, we figured it out. Something that someone paying for a hotel/motel should never have to deal with. After the obvious problems we peeled off the bed spreads and blankets which we mostly always do because they are rarely ever washed, and they were just plain nasty. I got some blankets out of my car, and we went to sleep.

Everything about this place was gross. The remote felt like it had been soaked in grease prior to our arrival. The toilet was cleaner than the shower stall. The tiles were falling off the wall in the bathroom. The faucet basin was nasty. The freezer in the micro fridge was frozen over and appeared to have been for quite some time. Don't expect any complimentary shampoo or conditioner bottles and no hair dryer. We had to go buy our own tissues, shampoo and Oust spray to get the stench out and for a basic sanitization of the place. So much for saving on the cost of the room, huh?

Piece de resistance???? THE MAID SERVICE CALLED US IN THE MORNING TO ASK IF WE NEEDED ANYTHING!!! SERIOUSLY FOLKS!?!? DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Plenty of properties that HAVE to be better in this area. Ugh. One of the worst hotel/motel stays of my life. I'll never "bargain shop" for a hotel/motel room again!

Room Tip: Go to another motel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brooklyn Park, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I chose to stay at the Motel 6 because they had their rate posted on the sign visible from the freeway, and I wanted just a basic motel for the night. The receptionist was very nice and friendly. If a person isn't looking for anything more than a place to sleep, take a bath/shower, and watch tv, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Burlington, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stopped here just for the overnight as we were driving to the Smoky Mountains. This was an inexpensive motel very close to the interstate we were on and had a McDonald's that we used before heading on the road again the next morening. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious for a Motel 6. The bathroom had something that looked like gray clay on the door knob but otherwise this was good for a stop while on the road to someplace better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Night time attendant was kind and friendly. Had my dog with me, no problem, as Motel 6 is a pet friendly chain. Good place to stop and rest - clean room, great price, safe location.

Room Tip: Smile and be polite, as we all should. :)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I've stayed in some pretty bad hotels. This one wasn't bad, for the price, $45 including tax. The staff at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were desently sized and the beds were not too bad to sleep on. The only draw back to this hotel is that the room is old. The dresser was falling apart and there were large cracks in the vanity by the sink. Also, it could be a little cleaner!!! At least the AC and heat work well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

thier full size beds look more like twin beds, windows dont open, bathtub had hair all over the bottom of it, and black spots! needless to say we did not stay there. oh they offered internet but u could never get on it

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Eau Claire, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

Our family was passing throught Crawfordsville on a trip out east. We had decided to stay in/around Crawfordsville and found the Days Inn. It is nice/decent from the outside. They have one of those windows for late check-ins which always make me wonder whay kind of an area I'm in. We were there for such a short stay that I can't really tell you about the area but I didn't hear or see anything at all while I was there. The rate was very good - maybe $55 or so. Well, there was definetly a reason. When we first walked in we nearly passed out from the stench. As someone who stays at alot of hotels I am pretty sure I could guess what was stinking and it has something to do with cooking. Ugh. It was horrible! The awful thing was that the windows wouldn't open so all we could do was turn up our air and leave the door open for as long as possible. Luckily they have outside corridors. Getting past the stench, which would rank right up there with a decaying body, when we went to use the bathroom the toilet wouldn't flush. Hmm... Ok, we figured it out. We had to turn the water on to flush because if you didn't turn the water off the toilet would run forever. Cheap fix, something that someone paying for a hotel/motel should never have to deal with. After the obvious problems we peeled off the bed spreads which we mostly always do because they are rarely ever washed (once in my life I was a hotel maid!) There were huge yellow stains on their undersides. Ok. Gross. (The other thing I don't tell my husband is that the blankets are really not washed very often either, only the sheets... usually!) When we peeled back the blankets it was pretty clear that our bedding had not been changed either. At this point I wasn't sure if it was a nightmare or not, it was very late and we were exhausted. My husband got some of our "extra" blankets and we went to sleep. Everything about this place was gross. There was also a big nasty sticky stain on our tv that God only knows what it was and the remote felt like it had been soaked in grease prior to our arrival. Also - no toilet paper/kleenexes. I don't care if there isn't much but I like enought to get me throught the 7 or so hours I'm staying. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Plenty of properties that HAVE to be better in this area. Ugh. One of the worst hotel/motel stays of my life.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Crawfordsville? Share your experiences!