“Good deal for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Waverly
“Good deal for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We are driving East and needed a place to stop for Friday night. This was one of the few hotels that didn't have a Sun-Thurs limitation on their coupons, so we gave it a shot. The closest business to the hotel is not family-oriented if you know what I mean. The lobby looks pretty bad, especially around the receptionist where the wall is all torn out and moldy. However, the price was right. The room was fine. The pool was fun (although too warm for lap swimming). The breakfast was filling. We had two comfortable beds and working air conditioning. No refrigerator or microwave and no elevator.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
san antonio, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

If you want to stay at a Marriott, spend the extra money and quit whining about this hotel. Newsflash: Ramadas haven't been great for about two decades now. It's a $50/night hotel and you get what you pay for...

I booked this hotel on Priceline and paid $55/night for 3 nights. I needed somewhere to sleep while in town for a family reunion.

The Good: Quiet, decent breakfast bar, pretty clean, comfortable beds, easy access to I74
The Bad: Rooms smell musty, guy in front is nice, but needs to iron his shirt

I travel a lot, so I've seen it all. This isn't a terrible hotel as people indicated. If you're expecting a Marriott for $50/night, get a clue. If not, you'll get your money's worth.

PS. Yes, there is a strip club next door, but the signage is so bad I couldn't really read it. It's not like there are nude women walking around either. I didn't even notice it to be honest.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Clinton, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is awful. The wrinkled and disheveled front desk clerk even stated that the place was "awful" and "run down" when he was explaining to my why the room I booked that was supposed to have a refridgerator and microwave did not have either. His explanation - "things get stolen here". Family that booked the same type of room had a fridge and microwave and were charged $15 less than me. When I questioned the price difference, Mr. Messy explained that the girl who took their reservation should not have given out that rate. He also refused to reduce our rate, despite the fact that we booked a room with a fridge and micowave. The breakfast had make your own waffles but they shut it down because the smoke alarms kept going off. The hotel is old, dank smelling and the staff are rude and unwilling to help. DO NOT STAY!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Crawfordsville hotels

Washington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Rooms were small, beds were comfortable, but facility was old. No ref/micro in room. No elevator to second floor. Breakfast was pretty good w/waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bread, etc. Our total w/tax was $80 for one room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Staye dthere a year after it opened, it looked as it was 30 years old. Made reservation 9 months ahead, when we arrived they re-booked us in a differnt kind of room, different price, when we called corperate office while standing at the desk they said someone (manager)rebooked our reservation. Never did get any compinsation. The rooms were dirty,truckers all over, there was a adult book/? store next to to hotel. Pool was dirty,food was crap, Ramada is going down hill. DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE..........................

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband and I used a Room Saver coupon for a king room on Saturday, June 19 at a price of $53.00 + tax. We had first floor room with a king bed, frig and microwave. The bed was very comfortable with six pillows. The carpet seemed new and clean. The room and bathroom were cleaned well. The breakfast room was a nice size and clean. Apples, oranges, yogurt, waffles,muffins, rolls, and cereal were available with milk and juice.
For the price we were very satisfield and would stay again. I didn't notice a strip club. It is in area with many other hotels right off I-74. No traffic noise.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Westchester, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

This was absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed in! I was there for a girl's weekend of shopping (Covered Bridge Festival) and relaxation. Room was tiny and didn't have all amenities promised, but we were in a good mood and didn't complain at first. Room smelled very bad and looked worn and dirty. Tiles in bathroom were mildewed, and toilet was broken. They didn't have another room, and they did a temporary fix on the toilet, so we agreed to stay. Big mistake!!!!
I walked over by the bed, and my shoes were sticking to the carpet. ewwwww! We stripped off the bedspreads and looked for bedbugs, but thankfully didn't find any. We decided to go down to the hot tub. It was running when we got there, so of course the water was foamy. When the jets stopped, however, we were horrified to realize that the water was so dirty we couldn't see our feet! We immediately jumped out and hopped into the pool to rinse off, since it looked a little cleaner. While we were in the pool, two young children came in to swim. They were much too young to be left unattended--ages about 5 and 8. Turns out they were the manager's kids, and she kept them at work with her. She allowed them to swim when there were guests in the pool so that an adult would be watching them! By now I was furious. I wasn't paying nearly a hundred bucks a night so that I could babysit someone's kids. I went to the lobby to speak with the manager, and the desk clerk informed me that the manager was out in the parking lot smoking (and I think drinking beer) with her boyfriend/husband. She came in and apologized profusely, and promised to "take care of us" on checkout, so I calmed down.
The next day, we didn't return until late that evening, only to find the toilet still broken, the sheets not changed, dirty towels still in the bathroom, and the door from our room to the lobby wide open!!! I don't mean unlocked, I mean wide open. Amazingly, nothing was missing. I guess thieves prowl better hotels. The hot tub wasn't working at all--filters clogged from all the filth. (Not that we would have ventured in anyway).I desperately called every hotel in the area, but no rooms were available, so we had to tough it out. We felt like we were camping for four days, only in a less scenic situation.
The desk clerk was nice and sympathetic, but explained that the manager and owner were at fault, and there was nothing she could do. Once again I spoke with the manager (once again out in the parking lot) and once again she begged us to forgive her, again saying she'd "take care of us.".
When we finally checked out, we asked what she was doing for us. We expected the stay to be at a greatly reduced cost. She proudly explained that she had reduced our bill by 10 percent. I tried to stay calm, and began to list all that was wrong. I'm not high-maintenance or finicky, but these accomodations wouldn't pass a kennel inspection. She got angry, and refused to do any more. We paid $370 for 4 nights of filth and health and safety violations.
I realized it was useless to argue any more with her. I went home and contacted Ramada Corp. about the experience...they never even had the courtesy to answer me. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and gave up.
This hotel is a filthy unsafe pit! (Did I mention it's also next to a strip joint?) Buyer beware!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Limited Crawfordsville? Share your experiences!