“Nice experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Crawfordsville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night while traveling through the area. It was a very nice place, comfortable, with very friendly staff. I liked having the full kitchenette -- not sure if all rooms have this, but it would have been especially helpful if I were staying longer. The green room was a nice feature, although I wish that the fridge was on a separate circuit, so it didn't go off when I wasn't in the room.

I chose the hotel specifically for the internet, but I didn't use any of the other amenities, so I cannot speak to those.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed for one night and had early check-in and we were very pleased. Neat, clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. We do travel frequently and will always look into candlewood suites for our stays in the future because it was very affordable while maintaining a more expensive feel.

Timmins, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights while running a race. The rooms were newly renovated and were nice. We had to switch rooms because the first room had a low internet signal and while I was supposed to be on vacation, I still had to work.

The front desk switched us rooms after a bit of convincing, and the manager was only available to speak with via telephone. The second room was the same. Clean, high ceilings, and newly renovated. Was on the ground floor (not my preference) but convenient for loading and unloading.

Loved the idea that we could cook our own meals in the room with the kitchenette.

The staff were nice, but the uniforms were a bit too casual for my taste. I did expect something a bit more structured from the Candlewood chain.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sundance, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Kudos to the hotel for having "green" rooms! We had a small suite with full size frig, kitchen sink, dishes, microwave and two burner stove and dishwasher. A nice big bathroom with fluffy towels. Lots of outlets to recharge phones,computers etc. Very comfortable bed and comfortable desk chair and lounger. So nice to sit on after a long day of driving, in place of only having a bed to sit upon. Very friendly staff at the front desk. Would not hesitate to stay there again, hoping to have a great rate again. We travel so very much that price is definitely a factor in choosing where we stay. We have stayed at many other hotel/motels that were not this nice for a lot more money, infact we stayed over at another hotel along our route that I would not go back to again and the price was $40 higher (breakfast didn't cost them that much). No breakfast, but coffee at anytime of the day and a small pantry with food options to snack on or microwave. Mcd's is across the street and a good local restaurant just down the street. Easy access on and off of the interstate.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If I had to stay in the Crawfordsville area for a week or so at a time, I would definitely stay at this hotel. We only stayed for one night, but the suite had a fully furnished kitchen area with a full size refrigerator and dishwasher, a 2-burner stove and a disposer. Plenty of dishware and cooking equipment. The only really negative thing I can say is that we had a queen size bed instead of a king or two full size beds. I'm not sure if that was a choice I made at booking or if that is what is provided in the standard suite. No breakfast is provided but they do have a "pantry" in the lobby area with lots of food and beverage selections for purchase.

A Cracker Barrel restaurant will open in November 2012. Otherwise, it's McDonald's or drive a few miles for dining.

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

It's a good hotel, with a friendly staff, but nothing fancy. They have a DVD library you can use, which is nice. No breakfast. It's an old building, but it seems to be well maintained. Nothing more to say here, just filling up the minimum characters required for the review...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is my 2nd Candlewood Suites stay for this trip and we stayed a total of 6 nights (2 separate occasions). We enjoyed the hotel very much, especially the friendly staff behind the counter who never fail to greet you everyday. However, there are also areas which the hotel will need to look into in order to maintain its standards.

Room: Nice, big and clean. The pillows are still too soft for my liking but during my second stay with them, I found an extra pillow in the closet and that solved the 3 pillows problems I have with my partners in all the previous Candlewood Suites stays. Hence, i think it is possible to request for extra pillows and blankets (yes it was cold at night even though it is summer), but it would be nicer if all the rooms could come with extra pillow and blanket in closet. And it will be good if there is an extra pillow case for the extra pillow as well. Kitchenette is clean and have the same equipment as the others and it is a nice touch for them to have a packet of microwave popcorn in the microwave.

Bathroom: Same as the others, the bathroom is nice and roomy with only 2 bars of soap and a small bottle of shampoo. However, again with my 2nd stay at the hotel, I found 2 extra sets of towels in the cabinet underneath the sink. This is something that the hotel could think about and it certainly would save their guests the hassle of taking the towels down to the counter to exchange for a new set.

Location: Good location, just of the highway with Burger King next door and Mcdonalds across the road. I was in the process of moving into my hostel at Purdue University during my stay at Candlewood and it was no trouble at all driving up to West Lafayette for the day to run the errands and to set up my apt and returning to Crawfordsville at night. The drive is nice and straightforward with US 231 and the saving made by staying here instead of Lafayette just make the whole deal a lot sweeter.

The only downside to the stay will be the maintenance of the amenities such as grills. During our stay, one of the grills (free for the guests to use) is out of propane and apparently it has been out for sometime but the staff did not refill it. The grill equipment too need to be better maintained and cleaned.

Overall, this will still be the hotel of my choice if my partner or friends come to visit me...provided that the price remains as competitive.

Room Tip: Room 126 have a nice comfy sofa in the room.