“Best Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, United States
“Best Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This hotel was the best Hampton Inn that I've stayed at in recent memory. The hotel was very clean, breakfast service and offerings were excellent and the staff obviously takes pride in their service and hotel facility.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family and I enjoyed a very restful night at this wonderful Hampton, which is nicer than most. The entire hotel is either new or newly renovated (not sure which). Condition of the hotel is excellent. Everything is immaculately clean. Bedding is welcoming and comfortable, however, I do wish that hotels would abandon double beds - they are too short for a normal adult and too narrow for two adults.

Staff was friendly and attentive, especially the woman who oversaw the breakfast service. The breakfast itself was the best I've experienced in this category of hotel. Our stay was perfect and I highly recommend this hotel to others. We WILL choose this hotel again when traveling through Corydon!

Fishers, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Well this is your standard Hampton Inn. Everything you would expect from a Hilton hotel. Check-in was fast and friendly, room was a standard room and very clean. Breakfast in the morning was good. Checkout was a different story. Clearly the management lacks control of their employees. While walking out to pull our car around to pickup, I was greeted by about 10 housekeepers sitting on the curb right in front of the hotel smoking away. Literally a cloud of smoke to walk through to get to your car. My son is an asthmatic and had he walked outside unknowingly into that is could have triggered an episode. There clearly was a no smoking sign right there and clearly was ignored by the employees. So when this happens, it makes me wonder what else goes on behind the scenes the manager is not aware of. Since employees have a clear disregard for hotel policies, are they doing the rest of their job appropriately? Are sheets getting changed after each guest stay? Are safe handling of all food products happening? One has to wonder. Anyway, barring that incident the stay was a good standard stay. Just too bad the last 5 mins left this impression and again makes you wonder what else is going on.

Room Tip: No true secrets here. A standard type hotel to stay in as passing through onto another location.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Linda P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corydon, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
After reading your response, I felt compelled to offer my deepest apologies for the negative experience you had when checking out. As General Manager, it is my responsibility to assure that our team members are following all laws and policies. Our team members have been directed to only smoke in designated areas. The front of the hotel during check out period is definetely not an approved area. I appreciated you reporting the situation, and was glad I was there and able to immediately address it with the team. This policy has been clarified and will be actively monitored. Again, I am so sorry.
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This Hampton Inn was good. They do not have queen beds, just doubles. We are a family of 5 and an extra rollaway fit no problem in the room. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. The woman running breakfast is what makes this location noteworthy. In all my years travelling all over the world - she was the happiest, friendliest and most helpful breakfast attendant I have ever encountered. Her humor was contagious and made this a memorable experience.

Fishers, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Made a reservation with a request for a quiet room on the top floor, away from the elevators. Our only room choices available were 2 Double or a King. We arrived late, as indicated in reservation notes, and got a double room on the first floor with a door to a connecting room. Hotels need to do away with the double bed--they are too small for more than one person!

The room and bathroom appeared to be very well attended to by the housekeeping staff. I did kill a spider on a web next to one of the beds, so that my children wouldn't see it. The door to the connecting room only slightly muffled the man talking next door. You could hear people walking above you and in the hallway, doors opening and closing and vehicles in the parking lot. The a/c unit was loud but worked fine.

The breakfast room was clean. The selection was as plentiful as can be expected within the last hour it was served.

Location of the hotel is good. There are many family friendly things to do in the area or within a short drive. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for our visit to Holiday World, which is about a 50 minute drive. We really liked this hotel. Check-in was very quick. My family booked two rooms. When we checked in, we were given connecting rooms on the first floor which was very convenient. Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn...eggs, waffle maker, oatmeal, cereals, fruit, breads. Pool was very nice, though the water could have been a little warmer. Good location, right off I-71. White Castle in parking lot. Cracker Barrel and Walmart across the street. Would definitely stay here again, if I ever come back to this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Madison, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel on the way to Holiday World. This hotel met our needs having an indoor pool, good complimentary breakfast, clean room and quick access to interstate with a couple of restaurants nearby. My only complaint, this happens to be a big one, is that I left my not cheap sunglasses in the room at check-out. I realized it less than 2 hours later; when I called the hotel to ask if I could stop by and pick them up on way past the hotel later that evening they placed me on hold for 10 minutes then returned to say the housekeeper could not find them. SO our Hilton Honors reward room ended up costing us $200!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Corydon? Share your experiences!