“Growing tired of less for more in hotels...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Huron, Ohio
“Growing tired of less for more in hotels...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This was my second visit to this location, as my work travels landed me in the Corydon area again. It's difficult to understand why if a hotel has a seemingly endless number of vacant rooms that they would put me in one so far from the lobby and then put other guests in adjacent rooms. Growing tired of rooms that smell musty and/or smokey when they're supposed to be smoke free. Also growing tired of king beds that sag in the middle, bath towels that are worse than the ones I dry my car with and A/C units that have dirty/musty filters and are so seemingly so inefficient.

I'm also growing tired of how little $90-$100 gets you in a hotel room anymore. Sometimes I wish my expense budget could afford to put me up in hotels from the Marriott chain like some of my friends who travel. I'm big on Choice Hotels, but sometimes my Diamond Elite Status gains me so little.

I'm confidant at this point that my next trip to Corydon will find me in another location.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the front of the hotel, face the sunset. So ask for one so that the sunrise is on th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Garland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Excellent Room! Very Clean! The whole staff there is GREAT! The best place to stay in Corydon for the price! Save the Money and go for Steak!! Has a outdoor pool! Breakfast not bad! Overall I will stay there again!! The Rate is good and well worth it!! You will be suprised! From the outside does not look that good but you will be suprised!

Room Tip: You can get a Coupon at the rest area or welcome center and you can save some money!! Also AAA helps...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Huntington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a nice clean room, the pillows were a little iffy. Everything worked in the room. The staff was nice and the breakfast was a free breakfast. For under $100, I'd stay there again if I were in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
COMFORTINNCORYDON, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corydon, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank You for staying with Comfort Inn Corydon. We look forward to see you when you are back in town.
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed one night in July on the way to Branson, MO. When we walked in our room it had a very musty smell. Thank goodness we had air freshner with us. The bathroom wall paper was held on with thumb tacks. In our second room the AC leaked in the floor. We called the front desk and he brought us a handful of napkins. Breakfast was just ok. Very busy and few seats. Rooms need work and remodling. In the morning when we spoke to hotel workers cleaning rooms but they did not speak english.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We take all the comments and suggestions very seriously. I assure you that the issues you had are taken care of. Also we believe in equal oppourtunity. Its dissapointing to learn that you had hard time conversing with the housekeeping staff.
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We wanted a place to stay that wasn't far from Holiday World ( about 45 Minutes), but wasn't outrageously priced, and this turned out to be a great choice. The hotel is not far from the interstate, but it was still quiet. The rooms were nice and breakfast tasty and well stocked even though they were very busy. They have a great coffee machine and flavored creamer which is a huge perk for me. Staff members were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank You for your wonderful comments. We really appreciate it and hope to see you agian in future.
McLeansboro, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here recently for two night while attending the NASCAR race nearby. It is a smaller hotel and probably a little older building but ended up being a very nice stay for my family and I. The outdoor pool was tucked away behind the building with a gazebo and chairs placed around and very enjoyable not only for the kids but for us parents relaxing. Rooms were neat and clean, beds comfortable (although a little small for a couple used to a Queen sized bed or larger), bathroom clean, everything was functional. This hotel does accept pets so could definitely be a problem if you had a dog in the room beside you barking all the time. We only heard them as we would walk by the rooms that had them. Was a little surprised that they had people with dogs staying in rooms next to people without. Would think maybe the "dog section" would be separate from others, but wasn't a problem for us on this occasion. Breakfast was so-so. Egg pucks weren't all that edible and maybe a little lower quality on the sausage, waffle mix, etc., but there were things that would keep one from being hungry. Good location. Would return if the opportunity came about.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Killen, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were wandering around Southern Indiana and decided that Corydon seemed to have some interesting sounding places so we checked into the Comfort Inn. It was nice. A little outdated and could use some cosmetic repairs, but it was clean, the staff was excellent, the breakfast was very good and very well presented. The motel is conveniently located. We enjoyed it and the area so much, we decided to add an extra night.

Room Tip: We had a front room and had no problems. It was quiet. The back is away from the traffic, but the fa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank You for staying with us. Its pleasant to know that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you on your next visit to Corydon.

Been to Comfort Inn Corydon? Share your experiences!