“outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Cincinnati, Ohio
“outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were here for a dance competition in Louisville. Since thunder over Louisville was going on and we needed reservations at the last minute, this was our choice. The hotel itself is impeccable. The front desk staff were overly nice and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
COMFORTINNCORYDON, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corydon, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Positive feedbacks helps me and my staff motivated to provide superior service for each and every guest. Again, thank you and hope to see you soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
the fort
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here one night.For the price it was not a bargin. Our room seemed clean enough but there was an odor that hit you at the door.The walls were thin we could hear Mary the moaner next door.There was a big choice at breakfast, but potatoes were served frozen,eggs were aweful.They made an attempt to keep things full,but the gal was trying to check people out and keep food full and it was not working well.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Please call the hotel at 812-738-3900 and I have a special offer for your next stay.
Arnold, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel is located just off the highway and has a strange entrance but it was easy enough to figure out. I was pleasantly surprised when I walk inside. Everything looks very well kept. Friendly and informative staff. The rooms are nice and clean, which is important if you travel as much as I do. I had everything I needed. The microwave and fridge were a plus. Breakfast was better than I usually see. Hot items, a waffle maker, and a nice coffee machine too. I am glad I chose to stay there and will be back next time around.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
COMFORTINNCORYDON, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corydon, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank You for your great comments. I'm gald that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. We look forward to see you again in future.
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Friendly staff clean rooms and the beds must have been real comfortable as we slept in and missed breakfast but at this point we were on the road for a month ! Easy access off the highway and excellent price for the accommodations

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel I stay at when Im in this area was booked so I had to try something different so I chose this one, It was was better than I figured I have no complaints at all..the gentleman that checked me in was friendly the room clean and comfortable restaurant next door ample room to park a semi behind building ,price was very good also ..I try to stay loyal to the places that I stay but If my usual is booked again this will be my spot to stay..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet ,great for a day sleeper
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

It was a nice place to stay. The room (and the motel) was nicely decorated and furnished... with a refrigerator and a microwave, a nice sized flat panel TV, and the beds were comfortable. Everything was clean. It felt like it was more expensive than what we paid. There is one restaurant within walking distance, a gas station nearby, and a wide variety of restaurants a few minutes away on the south side of the interstate, as well as a Wal-Mart.

However, there were several little things that were wrong or missing. The room did not have an alarm clock (or any sort of a clock). The heating and air conditioning unit in our room insisted on randomly running the air conditioning... even though it was set to "HEAT" and it was a cold 35 degrees outside.

The exterior door (to the north of the lobby) did not have a card reader, so access to the building was a problem (once the door closed and had locked me outside, I had to enter through the lobby). The lighting in the parking lot wasn't very good to begin with, and the lights were already off at 5am, when it was still completely dark outside.

The breakfast was fine, but the beverages needed to be restocked. The orange juice and coffee dispensers were serving very watery beverages.

It just seems that this property needs a manager who can pay better attention to the smaller details. To be fair, I plan on contacting the manager with these same comment, in the hopes that he/she will address them.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east (back side) of the building. The highway out front can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We thought that the hotel was nice and clean, and the furnishings were suitable. The staff was great, there's a restaurant next door and many more nearby. However, our "wheelchair-accessible" room had some problems.
The bathroom was very well done with a good roll-in shower, toilet with grab bars, door that opened the correct way (it's surprising how often this is not the case), but the main area was impossible. The room is too small (or the bed too big) to get a wheelchair past the TV stand and other furniture. I have some mobility with crutches, but anyone who is a full-time wheeler won't make it far here.
The bed is also way too high to transfer from a wheelchair (and step stools don't work for people with mobility problems); but this has been a problem everywhere lately.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Corydon? Share your experiences!