“No hot water. Very poor breakfast. Uncomfortable bed...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Corydon
“No hot water. Very poor breakfast. Uncomfortable bed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

No hot water. Very poor breakfast. Uncomfortable bed. Terrible hard, flat pillows. Little sympathy from the staff. I would not stay here again. Poor experience

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel's email does not work and I left a voice mail prior to my trip to ask about their pet policy, however I never received a response. First impression is not good.

I'm not picky about a place to sleep during a trip. We checked in late (10 hr drive from WI) & the lady at the front desk was very friendly and was glad to inform us about how to use the room key, finding our room and breakfast offerrings in the morning. Our room was neat and clean. We stayed on the second floor and our ceiling had water stains... something leaked or was leaking at some point in time. Other than that I have no complaints about the room. Bed was comfortable which was surprising.

Breakfast is nothing special. It will hold you over until lunchtime if you don't feel like spending more money on breakfast. They have lots of baked goods (bread, cold waffles, cold french toast, stale danishes, muffins, biscuits) but do have microwave and toaster available. Also have cereal and oatmeal available along with milk, oj, and applejuice. Don't expect hot breakfast. We decided to eat over at the Waffle House for breakfast for the duration of our stay.

Bed was made daily, towels were restocked daily. No one was at front desk when we checked out at 10am so we just left the room key on front desk.

Hotel needs some building maintenance and updating but other than that it was a good stay. Only 30 min away from Louisville which isn't bad and hwy is right by hotel. It was pricey but cheaper than other available hotels ( I suspect because they anticipated it would be a busy weekend (Mid America truck show))

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here after deciding to drive south on a whim when weather turned warm one Saturday. I wanted a decent room but had no interest in paying a high rate when it was just me, just to sleep the night. The room was clean and quiet and they were able to give me a ground floor room upon request for no extra charge. AAA discount made rate even better.
The breakfast is nothing special, their selections are pretty meager, mostly cereal and bread offerings. I had yogurt and toast and coffee--- coffee is the most important to me in the morning, and it was good.
There is something I want to note that should change, if this hotel wants to be attractive to travelers. The phone number listed when doing a hotel search of the Corydon area connected me to a booking person for their entire chain, not the specific hotel. All the other hotels I called, I did get someone who was actually in the hotel. My point is this-- the person I speak to needs to be able to understand and access the hotel I am asking for quickly-- by understanding what I am saying, the name of the town and state I am requesting. If I have to spell the name of the town and state, and we spend a minute or more just establishing the location I'm interested in, we have a problem. After this experience, I just asked the person for the telephone number of the hotel, which they were quite reluctant to give me. Once I spoke to the person in the hotel, all was well-- they were polite and helpful and made everything easier.
My advice is to provide a number to the actual location-- dealing with the chain-wide booking person was extremely off putting.

Room Tip: ask if you have preference-- they were able to put me in ground floor room upon request.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Pineville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

While traveling for work I once again stayed here. Having never experienced it on a weekend night was shocked to find only a few rooms left. Other times have had a king room for a great price this time however there weren't any so it was extra ten dollars. While it was only me and did not need extra bed it was just as comfortable and nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Been to Baymont Inn Corydon? Share your experiences!