“Nice Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
“Nice Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am a fan of the Holiday Inn Express chain because they are consistent. This one didn't disappoint. Love the fact they have a Culver's restaurant across the parking lot. It was very good and convenient. Room was nice, service was great and the free breakfast was a nice touch.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Katen P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thanks for your nice comments. We are proud of our hotel and its amenities. Our location near several restaurants is very convenient for our guests. Our hot breakfast is also very popular. We hope you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was in the area for a full week and stayed at 4 different hotels and I can say this holiday inn express was better than all hotels bed comfortable water pressure in shower excellent room clean and very spacious many plugs for all my gadgets. breakfast very good and free but most of all they were very accommodating and friendly. Roschanna and the gentleman who checked in were very helpful. I would go a bit out of my way to visit them again I highly recommend this particular holiday inn. I should not forget to mention the rate I use a corporate rate program and they were very well priced this allowed me to enjoy the experience of their awesome hospitality

wayne

Room Tip: ask the person who is checking you in they will make sure you have what ever you need
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Katen P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks for your excellent review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. The Corydon Holiday Inn Express is proud of its staff and its hospitality.
Corydon, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here on a business weekend. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean. They have a great breakfast buffet. The only problem was with the ac/heater. You have to guess at the setting adjusting the knob between warmer and cooler. A thermostat with the desired temperature would have been better. It was very cold outside and it was difficult to get the room comfortably warm instead of sauna like. I would recommend staying here if you are visiting the Corydon, IN area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Katen P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks for your recommendation. We also appreciate your feedback. I will address the problem with the heater to the ownership.
Fayetteville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is under going renovations. It needs it. The first room had been smoked in badly, so back to the desk. The second room had no beds, so back to the desk. The third room had a moldy air conditioner. I should have gone back to the desk but by then I was very angry. I would have left if I had not used points to discount my room price and I had a funeral to get to. I was dealing with the owner, not the manager, or a hourly worker. When I complained in the morning it was ignored. I contacted the corporate office. At least I did get my points back. A dirty a/c is a housekeeping issue. Ask for a fully renovated room. I usually like Holiday Inn Express, its simple, nice and what I need. When this location is done it will be nice again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has been fully renovated and inspect your room for cleanliness.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear tm m,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We work hard to deliver memorable guest experiences but it is unfortunate that we weren't able to do so on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you may have had with the condition of the room and level of service received from our staff. We will address this with the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed in our efforts.

We value you as our IHG Rewards Club Member and regret the shortcomings experienced.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Corydon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We are from Wisconsin and have family in Corydon and the nearby area we visit each year. We stay at the Holiday Inn Express each time and will go back again next time. A brother and sister come with us from IL so we get adjoining rooms which are comfortable and clean. Even our little 9 pound pup said she appreciates all the staff cause they are very kind to her. She was also thankful to have rooms on the top floor so we could get our exercise by using the stairs while my husband used the elevator cause of back problems. Breakfast is always good and the pool/spa entertains the adults as well as the kids...... I always bring food along and the HIE lets us use the breakfast area to have a luncheon for the whole family. We'll be back next time..........

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
William B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are always pleased when our guests have a great experience at our hotel. We look forward to your return visit and appreciate your comments.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stopped at this hotel on a road trip from the east coast to the Midwest. We stayed one night on both the drive out and back. We found the staff friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean, well stocked and we got a good night's sleep. We had stayed here before and had a concern about staying again (it seemed a little run down), but the hotel management has stepped it up and really improved things. We'd have no hesitation booking a future reservation here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Katen P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are glad that you had a great experience at our hotel. It's nice to know that you noticed that we've made some upgrades to improve our facility. We appreciate your comments.
Ossian, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Took the family skiing in Paoli, 40 minutes away, and stayed at Corydon-Holiday Inn Express. Rooms were clean, comfortable, quiet, and well stocked. Staff was pleasant and helpfull. Breakfast was hot and plentyful not just pancakes or waffles. Several fast food and sit down restaurants to choose from in close proximity. We all enjoyed our stay and would go back again. Was pleased that the rooms didn't have the typical cigarette masked hotel smell. Pool and hot tub were inviting and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor had less noise, and no possibility of feet running around over your head.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your positive review. We are in close proximity to Paoli Peaks and have many families and groups stay with us while they ski. We are also within walking distance to several restaurants and the Wal-Mart Supercenter.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corydon? Share your experiences!